Philly.com: Frustrated pilots got Navy to stop dismissing UFO sightings

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I knew Stanton's son back in the day, when Stanton was one of the few UFOlogists, really, in the world at that time.

One day we got a little high and listened to some the hypnosis recordings that Stanton had of the Hill interviews from the famous Barney and Betty Hill abduction incident of the early 60s.

Very creepy.
Whoa!,,,that's way cool & yes,that would make me a little wiggy/creeped out.

:bow::thumbup::bow:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The center of our galaxy is approximately 30,000 light years from us.

If we could accelerate a ship to close to the speed of light you could travel there in approximately 40 years ship time,depending on how close you got. However 30,000 years would have passed on Earth.

Theoretically with dramatic changes in technology on Earth over a 30,000 year span, mankind could have found a way to travel to the center of the galaxy, creating a civilization that had not only flourished but died off, before the original craft reached it's goal. Where a 20 year old original explorer was now only in his 60s.

Silly of course but...
You do raise a good point. It would take a very long time for any other technologically advanced species to reach us, even approaching the speed of light, but "ship time" as you put it would make it considerably less time, from their perspective. That said, if they came here, I'd assume they wouldn't be planning a return trip to a planet they'd likely no longer recognize.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
This is easily explained.

Our military has these and was testing them when another part of the military, who was not in the know of the secret operation, flew by and saw them.

Hopefully, our military and not someone else flexing their advanced technology on us — like China.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Earth has an orbital twin. Another planet on the other side of our sun that rotates around the sun at the same rate of speed that we do. Just like the North Star has Polaris A and B.

Believe that if you want.

Wouldn't it be crazy if extraterrestrials were that close.

Interesting fictional plot, but not likely given we can detect the impact of gravitational pull of planets in our solar system on other planets in the solar system.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stanton freedman was/is one of my heroes in the field of ufology and an all-time good'n.

He was one of the biggies in UFO research...

When I was much more interested in the study of unidentified flying objects in the 80's & 90's his name always came up.

On one hand he gave the whole thing a sense of legitimacy while on the other detracting from it by his stubborn belief in the Majestic 12 doc and the supposed UFO crash at Corona.

nobody

Reaction score
You do raise a good point. It would take a very long time for any other technologically advanced species to reach us, even approaching the speed of light, but "ship time" as you put it would make it considerably less time, from their perspective. That said, if they came here, I'd assume they wouldn't be planning a return trip to a planet they'd likely no longer recognize.

Not to mention they'd need a pretty good reason for coming here in the first place.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Interesting fictional plot, but not likely given we can detect the impact of gravitational pull of planets in our solar system on other planets in the solar system.
NASA just took a picture of an eclipse and pond it off as a blackhole. You really trust those guys? --JK.