Philly.com: Frustrated pilots got Navy to stop dismissing UFO sightings

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
how much camera gear is on a typical jet? i would suppose if anything were captured on video, it would be locked away anyway but you have to wonder what actual video evidence would be out there as well. some of these things just don't make sense. like why "take the poo to the loo" was shot in english.

Them

Reaction score

Yes!...an interesting link....thanks!...
F3Vk3ef.png

SlammedZero

Reaction score

I'm familiar with the Fermi Paradox, but still, doesn't quite sell me. Who is to say that any intelligent species out there wants to come into contact with Earth? We aren't exactly a friendly species. Or they just don't care enough about us. We are merely just an 'anthill' in their passing. The possibilities are endless. Sure, there is that chance that we are the only intelligent (why exactly do we even call ourselves intelligent? Because we defined ourselves that way?) species in this expansive space, because somebody had to evolve first and maybe it was us, but I find it hard to believe it would have happened this late in the game. I mean, dinosaurs were here before us (if you want to believe that we did not coexist. Some will debate that). That was life that existed in this universe, before us. I figure the chances of that happening elsewhere are good. It’s a big universe.

If we really are alone, there's probably a multiverse.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm familiar with the Fermi Paradox, but still, doesn't quite sell me. Who is to say that any intelligent species out there wants to come into contact with Earth? We aren't exactly a friendly species. Or they just don't care enough about us. We are merely just an 'anthill' in their passing. The possibilities are endless. Sure, there is that chance that we are the only intelligent (why exactly do we even call ourselves intelligent? Because we defined ourselves that way?) species in this expansive space, because somebody had to evolve first and maybe it was us, but I find it hard to believe it would have happened this late in the game. I mean, dinosaurs were here before us (if you want to believe that we did not coexist. Some will debate that). That was life that existed in this universe, before us. I figure the chances of that happening elsewhere are good. It’s a big universe.

If we really are alone, there's probably a multiverse.
Anyone who believes humans and dinosaurs coexisted watches too much Flintstones.

There's a lot to take into account. Everything in the Fermi Paradox is a valid possibility, but regarding the timeline, there's also the consideration that it wouldn't be necessary to go through the dinosaur age to develop intelligent life. Also, there have been 5 mass extinction events in Earth's history. Other planets may have had none, or could have one every 10000 years, there's just no way to know.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Anyone who believes humans and dinosaurs coexisted watches too much Flintstones.

There's a lot to take into account. Everything in the Fermi Paradox is a valid possibility, but regarding the timeline, there's also the consideration that it wouldn't be necessary to go through the dinosaur age to develop intelligent life. Also, there have been 5 mass extinction events in Earth's history. Other planets may have had none, or could have one every 10000 years, there's just no way to know.

All good points and I won't debate any of them. There is just too much unknown. That is what makes this so fun to discuss (for me anyway :D). I love this kind of stuff. So many possibilities.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

All good points and I won't debate any of them. There is just too much unknown. That is what makes this so fun to discuss (for me anyway :D). I love this kind of stuff. So many possibilities.

Well, just so you feller's know, them there ANUNNAKI acknowledged the fact that there was a true creator & grand being responsible of all that's been designed, as to being answerable to
( while it's easily perceived as to them being immortal in the understanding from what's thus far been deciphered from those thousands of cuneiform etched mudmarks from the earliest human civilization known as SUMER,,, No,,,they are/were mortal & died after an exceedingly lengthy life span,,,er,,,or misadventure,,,I really believe that there
mono-atomic white powdered gold ,with some of it's logically physically defying properties had something to do with it,,,Ya know? Supposedly when MOSES got bent outta' shape & smashed the original 10 commands for MAN to live by,cuz' his tribe of gypsies were hooting up all in heathenistic style ,,,just ask yourselves how in the world of physics did he burn up that golden bull
( astrological sign/tarus, as Marduk /Ra hailed from the upcoming astrological sign/LEO age, it answers why they believe the Sphinx's head had been "recarved" into it's present profile,,, yeah,,,that moses grinding up the burnt gold idol/effigy & grinding it up into powder, then casting it upon the waters & making his homies drink of it, is the reasoning of my quested search of understanding 30+ years agoo_O

punchnjudy

Reaction score
how much camera gear is on a typical jet? i would suppose if anything were captured on video, it would be locked away anyway but you have to wonder what actual video evidence would be out there as well. some of these things just don't make sense. like why "take the poo to the loo" was shot in english.

They did release one video of a "ufo" that was going to be studied by some expert. I don't know what came of it and I can't tell what was in the video.

The thing is, even if a government released a video of an ET peaking out the window and giving us the bird, there would still be skeptics who'd question whether it was disinformation.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your...pparent-encounter-between-navy-pilot-and-ufo/

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They did release one video of a "ufo" that was going to be studied by some expert. I don't know what came of it and I can't tell what was in the video.

The thing is, even if a government released a video of an ET peaking out the window and giving us the bird, there would still be skeptics who'd question whether it was disinformation.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your...pparent-encounter-between-navy-pilot-and-ufo/
That was it? I was expecting more than just a tiny indistinguishable object, moving in a straight line for about 30 seconds.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
That was it? I was expecting more than just a tiny indistinguishable object, moving in a straight line for about 30 seconds.

Well, it was from 2015, so if it was anything conclusive we'd all know about it. How many of the encounters with pilots are just like that though? Literally just something flying in their view that they can't identify?

Melonfeud

Reaction score
There's an intriguing article posted up over at Live science. Com about a former Pentagon top-kick ,who was overseeing the UFO incident investigation dept.,,,if you get the History channel , they are supposed to be airing some kinda' lame program about U.F.O's at 10 p.m. (eastern) tonight,,, and this is the reason he's spilling some beans on the subject matter ,due to him being disgruntled over how the government is whitewashing it,,,o_O

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I'm not saying it's impossible have visitors from other worlds, but there are so many obstacles to overcome, not the least of which is time. The closest star system to ours is Alpha Centauri, a binary system, which makes it more difficult to find the conditions to support life. Alpha Centauri is more than 4 light years away. If there were intelligent life there, it would take an extremely long time to get here, if they decided this is where they wanted to go. Unless they could approach light speed, it would probably take generations of travel to reach us...to hide from us? If they figured out a way to exceed light speed, without becoming infinitely large, or figured out how to manipulate and stabilize wormholes, or somehow take advantage of other dimensions, then maybe they've come here.....but again, why hide from us?

Any sort of fuel or raw materials could be had in abundance from gas giants, nebulae, asteroids, etc. They certainly wouldn't need to come here to strip our planet of its resources.

I think it would make more sense to assume that if we're being visited, it's by our future generations, for whatever reason.

So you believe time is strictly linear while also keeping an open mind to time travel? Not saying you're wrong because it's pretty much anyone's best guess. It does seem a bit odd though.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So you believe time is strictly linear while also keeping an open mind to time travel? Not saying you're wrong because it's pretty much anyone's best guess. It does seem a bit odd though.
What did I say about time travel that would lead you to believe I think it's possible? I think there are interesting theories about how it might be done, if it were possible, but I don't think it is.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Man,I just learned of STANTON FRIEDMAN'S passing away on may 13th :(
,,,it's been stated from amongst the inner circles of the plebeian learnered masses that this possible ufo partial disclosure by verifiable government entities is being brought out into the open because,
1) the TPTB are forced to,having no other alternative in light of certain presented evidence

And/Or

2) it's being released gradually in order to facilitate some form of world wide power grab(as the existing ability to instill population controlling fear on a mass scale would (obviously) need to already be in place) like maybe the dense saturation of 5g relay towers being erected, whose full spectrum of capabilities remain unknown,,, er,,,like maybe capable of producing holographic aerial sky phenomenon?
Y'all know about all of those various "cards" ol' captured **** rocket man Wernher Von Braun said were gonna eventually be played out in progressive succession don'cha'?, well, that last one was space alienso_O

Hoofbite

Reaction score
What did I say about time travel that would lead you to believe I think it's possible? I think there are interesting theories about how it might be done, if it were possible, but I don't think it is.

Maybe I misunderstood, but this seemed like time travel. Apologies if that's not what you meant.

if we're being visited, it's by our future generations

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe I misunderstood, but this seemed like time travel. Apologies if that's not what you meant.
Oh, I see what you mean. I just think someone from our future would be more interested in observing us in the way these UFO's would seem to be. I don't necessarily believe it's possible.

I don't see the connection you seem to be making between light year travel and time travel though. Maybe I'm also misunderstanding?

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
,,,it's been stated from amongst the inner circles of the plebeian learnered masses that this possible ufo partial disclosure by verifiable government entities is being brought out into the open because,
1) the TPTB are forced to,having no other alternative in light of certain presented evidence

And/Or

2) it's being released gradually in order to facilitate some form of world wide power grab(as the existing ability to instill population controlling fear on a mass scale would (obviously) need to already be in place) like maybe the dense saturation of 5g relay towers being erected, whose full spectrum of capabilities remain unknown,,, er,,,like maybe capable of producing holographic aerial sky phenomenon?
Y'all know about all of those various "cards" ol' captured **** rocket man Wernher Von Braun said were gonna eventually be played out in progressive succession don'cha'?, well, that last one was space alienso_O

I knew Stanton's son back in the day, when Stanton was one of the few UFOlogists, really, in the world at that time.

One day we got a little high and listened to some the hypnosis recordings that Stanton had of the Hill interviews from the famous Barney and Betty Hill abduction incident of the early 60s.

Very creepy.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
The center of our galaxy is approximately 30,000 light years from us.

If we could accelerate a ship to close to the speed of light you could travel there in approximately 40 years ship time,depending on how close you got. However 30,000 years would have passed on Earth.

Theoretically with dramatic changes in technology on Earth over a 30,000 year span, mankind could have found a way to travel to the center of the galaxy, creating a civilization that had not only flourished but died off, before the original craft reached it's goal. Where a 20 year old original explorer was now only in his 60s.

Silly of course but...

cowboyec

Reaction score

And/Or

stanton freedman was/is one of my heroes in the field of ufology and an all-time good'n.