Recommended Photo: Romo INT from all 22

hairic

Reaction score
hVwyY7U.gif

Individual frames (left-right arrow keys work once you click on it):

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Keyshawn was right. If Escobar runs a crisp route, at worst it's an incompletion. And I stand corrected. The 2nd and 3rd defender were not going to make a play on the ball. Overall, it's still a tight window, but after seeing this angle, i dont feel as bad about the decision as i did at first.

I wonder if the OL was running out of gas. That was two consecutive plays giving up pressure to a 3 man pass rush.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Hairic, .. thanks so much, .. I am so glad I got to see that.

Yak R hit the bottom line on all four points.

Are we jinxed?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Keyshawn was right. If Escobar runs a crisp route, at worst it's an incompletion. And I stand corrected. The 2nd and 3rd defender were not going to make a play on the ball. Overall, it's still a tight window, but after seeing this angle, i dont feel as bad about the decision as i did at first.

I wonder if the OL was running out of gas. That was two consecutive plays giving up pressure to a 3 man pass rush.

they said after the game if we had the ball back leary would have been out because he needed an iv. fwiw.

the triple covered people should just go away. As should the check down people.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I don't think I agree with that. If he cuts the route of sharp, he's still got Trevathan in his hip pocket. Trevathan is Denver's best cover LB. At no time during that route is Trevathan more then a step off Escobar. Plus, the Safety and the Corner are closing on that pass and they are in position to make a play if it's completed.

I imagine the OL was gassed but on the 1st down play, Romo ran into the pressure and not away from it so the OL actually did a decent job there. On the 2nd down play, Romo had time in the pocket and the pocket was clean for a decent amount of time. It only started caving towards the end of the play. I just think that the problem was, we didn't make them respect the run or account for it. Denver's rushers are massive and they are brutally strong. Wolfe, 6'5" 285 lbs is the smallest but also the strongest of them. Vickerson is 6'5" 328 and also very powerful. Knighton is 6'3" 335 and like a bowling ball. I can see where if he just bull rushed and gave no attention to the run, where he could get under Smith's pad level and that would be a difficult block for Smith because he's much taller, not as strong and lighter. That would be tough.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
they said after the game if we had the ball back leary would have been out because he needed an iv. fwiw.

I have to admit i initially thought 3 defenders were in position to make a play on the ball, after seeing it live and watching the regular replays. But the timing and placement of the throw only gave one defender a shot at it, and unfortunately he made the play. Again Escobar running a sloppy route did not help...

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I don't think I agree with that. If he cuts the route of sharp, he's still got Trevathan in his hip pocket. Trevathan is Denver's best cover LB. At no time during that route is Trevathan more then a step off Escobar. Plus, the Safety and the Corner are closing on that pass and they are in position to make a play if it's completed.

If he runs the route crisp, and goes straight across the field, .. the LB was behind him and would have had to go over his back or through him to get to the ball.

But since he went up the field instead of across, it gave the LB a path in between him and the ball.

Great play and catch by Trevathan.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

I agree that Travatian is there to at least make a play on the ball regardless of Escobar's route. My point is Escobar drifting upfield pretty much took himself away from the ball. If he runs a sharp route, both players are fighting for the ball and it's probably incomplete.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Looks like a decent situation for the ole delay draw, but what do I know.

That would have gone for big yards because if you look at the D, the rush pattern is all spread out in order to try and collapse the pocket from all sides and the lanes are huge. Watch the LBs and the Safeties. None of them play the run. All of them drop straight into pass coverage. Wolfe, on the Strong Side runs himself right out of the play and Murray runs right past the NT and into the pattern. If that's a run play, the same thing probably happens and he's still running. Watch the defense when Murray runs into the pattern. All of them have their backs to him in coverage. The Safeties are both 15 yards off the ball. The one might have been able to close but probably not before Murray is 8 to 10 yards down the field and even then, he's probably the only guy who can make the play. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened had we run the ball there.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If he runs the route crisp, and goes straight across the field, .. the LB was behind him and would have had to go over his back or through him to get to the ball.

But since he went up the field instead of across, it gave the LB a path in between him and the ball.

Great play and catch by Trevathan.

Well, I said this yesterday but the point being made was that nobody was there to make play on Escobar had he caught the ball. That, IMO, is not the case. Trevathan was right with Escobar from the snap. It's no guarantee that Escobar catches that ball, even if the route is run correctly.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Escobar needs to learn what I did in 5th grade basketball. On a pass Come to the ball. Never let a defender between you and it. Murry was still open.
Also, Leary drilled that dude.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I agree that Travatian is there to at least make a play on the ball regardless of Escobar's route. My point is Escobar drifting upfield pretty much took himself away from the ball. If he runs a sharp route, both players are fighting for the ball and it's probably incomplete.

That is exactly my take on it as well.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Agreed, not triple coverage. Looked like Trevathan made significant contact more than 5 yds down the field.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Yep, only the people in favor of throwing the INT should be allowed to stay. Your spot on, once again there theebs.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Well, I said this yesterday but point being made was that nobody was there to make play on Escobar had he caught the ball that, IMO, is not the case. Trevathan was right with Escobar from the snap. It's no guarantee that Escobar catches that ball, even if the route is run correctly.

Oh, I've never heard anyone say that, .. yesterday all I kept reading here was that Escobar was triple -teamed.

But when he starts his cut at the 23, he leaves the LB behind him. If he stays on the 23 he may have caught it and he may not have, .. but I don't think it gets picked.