Pinkston, Buckhalter - Injured

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phoenix-Talon said:
Look, I'm Not trying to burst your bubble, but just how serious a groin pull is? T.O. caught a touchdown pass "with" the groin sprain. These type injuries (most athletes have experienced this type of injury to some degree). They identified the sprain early, and he's resting it during camp. It does not prevent him from doing other exercises to stay in shape, and he can still attend alll of the "chalk-talks" (meetings).

The Eagles WR position will be fine; and if I know my team's head coach, he'll go out and find someone to take up any slack.

So calm down!!!!!!!!!

Depending on the degree of a groin sprain, they can be a real hindrance to playing 100%. You may get on the field but it's also a mental thing. You just don't know when/if the thing is gonna go (not to mention they hurt).

I pulled a groin 5 years ago and it's never healed 100%.

They aren't career enders, but they are nothing to just slag off either.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
your giving credit to orginaztion for starting rookie's and bench players because ther top two recivers are injured, thats umm a little wrong my friend

Pardon the interruption (ESPN show), but quite frankly (another ESPN show)
if you made an appearance on around the horn (an ESPN show) they'd tell you that the recovery treatment for a groin sprain is rest! Recovery time ...if it's really bad, it could mean the entire rest of training camp!

Calm down!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Sarge said:
Depending on the degree of a groin sprain,...
They aren't career enders, but they are nothing to just slag off either.QUOTE]

I'll agree with you, they require watching, but this other poster is talking like T.O. is out for the count; when in fact he may very well be out for training camp! Geez Louise

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phoenix-Talon said:
I'll agree with you, they require watching, but this other poster is talking like T.O. is out for the count; when in fact he may very well be out for training camp! Geez Louise

He'll probably be ready for game one but it wouldn't surprise me at all if this injury recurs or if you/we hear about it again.

The injury is also worse for the players relying on speed as opposed to linemen. TO will need that injury to be nice to him or potentially, he can lose some of his speed.

If I had to guess though, I'd go with the "he'll be ok crowd."

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Sarge said:
Phoenix-Talon said:
The injury is also worse for the players relying on speed as opposed to linemen. TO will need that injury to be nice to him or potentially, he can lose some of his speed.QUOTE]

Good solid points. Oh, Eagle fans are very concerned, but not to the degree that he'll need to be replaced or a rookie needs to take his place.

Good news for you about Spears! I'm glad for the rookie.

Novacek84

Reaction score
Fla Cowpoke said:
You know, the Eagles have been pretty fortunate over the past few years with the lack of major injuries and such. That might be changing, and with the outside distractions...well, things just might be turning around some.
We have BINGO! I've been saying teams like the Eagles can't dodge the injury bug forever. At some point it becomes a factor and hopefully this is the start for them this year.

Gent

Reaction score
So, Phoenix-Talon, you seem like a clear headed guy, what's your take on the Pinkston injury? Will the Eagles carry on and not miss a beat?

-Gent

leotisbrown

Half Fast Analysis
Reaction score
I hope Owens groin was popped real hard and when he comes back he keeps popping his groin like a high school kid watching Baywatch.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Gent said:
So, Phoenix-Talon, you seem like a clear headed guy, what's your take on the Pinkston injury? Will the Eagles carry on and not miss a beat?

-Gent
I think Reggie Brown will start opposite TO anyway. Pinkston wasn't anything to speak of.

burmafrd

Reaction score
TO without his speed and quickness is more of an average WR. That was shown in the SB- by the end of the game the Pats were playing him very tight once they realized he was not all that much of a threat. They played off of him early on, and his one big play came when the defender slipped and fell. A TO with a chronic groin is not going to be anywhere near the threat he was- Pinkston is no real loss, but they do not have anyone who can be a true deep threat. They have been lucky - except for TO's injury last year- and in the end it did not make that much different- they choked as usual.
McDougal, Buckhalter, TO, Pinkston; all the injuries they lucked out on the last few years are catching up with them NOW. Carolina right now has to be considered the team to beat in the NFC. The Viqueens have to show they have a real D before they can be counted on- and they are still handicapped by having what is probably the 2nd or third worst coach in the league.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
billknows said:
To be more specific and
to the point. T O is faking the grion injury,ROY lamed his leg,Get it...He's doing any song and dance he can to fool people, HE IS LAME , Get it...

TO is what we call a jake

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Gent said:
So, Phoenix-Talon, you seem like a clear headed guy, what's your take on the Pinkston injury?

Well Gent let me put it like this. Many of us (Eagle Fans) have had an eye on Pinkston since last year. I'm of course referring to his reluctance to go across the middle to get the ball (some unaffectionately call him "alligator" arms). That said, Pinkston was concerned about staying healthy and not doing anything to jeopardize that. Anyone that has ever played ball can tell you that when you become overprotective out on the field, you're heading for exactly what you're trying to avoid.

[Will the Eagles carry on and not miss a beat?[

We'll never know whether we missed a beat, because we don't know how Pinkston would have performed this year had he maintain his health. I can say that T.O. was alway our featured WR -- we still have him. That groin sprain is nothing that can't be taken care of with rest and time -- we have both. So essentially, I'll say that our pass attack will be just as strong if not stronger (based on what our rookie will do).

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Look, I'm Not trying to burst your bubble, but just how serious a groin pull is? T.O. caught a touchdown pass "with" the groin sprain. These type injuries (most athletes have experienced this type of injury to some degree). They identified the sprain early, and he's resting it during camp. It does not prevent him from doing other exercises to stay in shape, and he can still attend alll of the "chalk-talks" (meetings).

The Eagles WR position will be fine; and if I know my team's head coach, he'll go out and find someone to take up any slack.

So calm down!!!!!!!!!

Talon,

I am not attempting burst your bubble :) but you wrongly presuppose T.O. is depth? Depth is not simply your single impact starter at the position, I mean how more simple of a concept can this be. If one is arguing that T.O.s injury is a question of depth then one obviously cannot grasp the simple notion of what "depth" means in terms of an NFL team.

OK..so T.O. is not depth but the starter, Pinkston the #2 WR goes out for the year and Brown is a green rookie. My only criticism is that there is a lack of depth at the WR position for the Eagles and these injuries, in particular Pinkston makes matters worse. This was not a position the Eagles were deep at and thus they have very little by way of depth.

I am simply asking for honesty here from you, and you apparently want to say instead "oh Reid will go get someone" but currently on the roster you have very little. Even most of our total "homers" will admit we lack depth in certain areas or at least adequate depth so try not to expose yourself as an "eagles homer" and admit the simple fact that you currently lack depth behind T.O. at the position. :) You even stating the need to go out and get someone proves this point.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
billknows said:
To be more specific and
to the point. T O is faking the grion injury,ROY lamed his leg,Get it...He's doing any song and dance he can to fool people, HE IS LAME , Get it...

Not sure if your comment was in response to my thoughts but if so I hope you know the difference between a starter and depth? A simple distinction to be sure..T.O. is the starter..we are assuming he will start..if Pinkston goes down, A rookie is left and no other reliable depth.

Most of us have been candid when we lacked depth on our team, the Eagles fans must also admit behind T.O. there currently is not much at the position. It is simply a question of honesty...get it...get it :)

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
ROYDESTROY said:
Talon,

I am simply asking for honesty here from you, and you apparently want to say instead "oh Reid will go get someone" but currently on the roster you have very little. Even most of our total "homers" will admit we lack depth in certain areas or at least adequate depth so try not to expose yourself as an "eagles homer" and admit the simple fact that you currently lack depth behind T.O. at the position.

RD, you're asking me to swallow a very large square green pill of reality! I tried to indicate that perhaps Reid will go out a lok for an experienced #2 -- he may, unless he sees something in the new people/rookie.

#80 Billy McMullen (not a rookie - 3yrs exp)
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

mcmullenb04.jpg

#83 Greg Lewis (not a rookie WR - 3 years experience)
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

glewis_bday.jpg

Robert Redd (not a rookie - 1 year experience)
headshot05redd.jpg
Position: WR
Height: 5-10
Weight: 200
College: Bowling Green
Experience: 1
Birthdate: 09/01/1980
Hometown: Dayton, OH

spacer.gif

Highlights

CAREER HIGHLIGHTS Signed by the Eagles on 2/10/05 and was later allocated to the Berlin Thunder of NFL Europe.
Signed with the Colorado Crush of the Arena Football League on 10/23/03, where he played at both wide receiver and cornerback in 2004.
<LI>Was originally signed by the Indianapolis Colts as an undrafted free agent in 2003, but was released before the start of the season. #17 Grant Adams (rookie WR)
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

headshot05adamsgrant.jpg

#86 Reggie Brown (rookie WR)
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

headshot05brownreggie.jpg

#19 Jared Jones (rookie WR); our JJ:D
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

headshot05jonesjared.jpg
#16 Justin Jenkins (not a rookie WR) ou JJ #2:D
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

headshot05jenkins.jpg
There's more, but I don't want to bore you with those details. This is the very reason Reid is considered a fox when it comes to depth. Now are any of these equivalent to a Pinkston ...probably yes. Will Pinkston be missed ...probably yes. Are we hurting in WRs ...probably not!

But I get your point!

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Probably not. But then again probably so. Can easily go either way. ;)

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
RD, you're asking me to swallow a very large square green pill of reality! I tried to indicate that perhaps Reid will go out a lok for an experienced #2 -- he may, unless he sees something in the new people/rookie.

#80 Billy McMullen (not a rookie - 3yrs exp)
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

mcmullenb04.jpg

#83 Greg Lewis (not a rookie WR - 3 years experience)
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

glewis_bday.jpg

Robert Redd (not a rookie - 1 year experience)
headshot05redd.jpg
Position: WR
Height: 5-10
Weight: 200
College: Bowling Green
Experience: 1
Birthdate: 09/01/1980
Hometown: Dayton, OH

spacer.gif

Highlights

CAREER HIGHLIGHTS Signed by the Eagles on 2/10/05 and was later allocated to the Berlin Thunder of NFL Europe.
Signed with the Colorado Crush of the Arena Football League on 10/23/03, where he played at both wide receiver and cornerback in 2004.
<LI>Was originally signed by the Indianapolis Colts as an undrafted free agent in 2003, but was released before the start of the season. #17 Grant Adams (rookie WR)
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

headshot05adamsgrant.jpg

#86 Reggie Brown (rookie WR)
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

headshot05brownreggie.jpg

#19 Jared Jones (rookie WR); our JJ:D
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

headshot05jonesjared.jpg
#16 Justin Jenkins (not a rookie WR) ou JJ #2:D
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

headshot05jenkins.jpg
There's more, but I don't want to bore you with those details. This is the very reason Reid is considered a fox when it comes to depth. Now are any of these equivalent to a Pinkston ...probably yes. Will Pinkston be missed ...probably yes. Are we hurting in WRs ...probably not!

But I get your point!

I can list the Dallas camp fodder as well and a few role players..but the aforementioned is not adequate depth and you know this fact. You hope a practice squad guy can step or a rookie like Reggie Brown..but there really is not much proven depth that can step in and help out now.

Reid has not stocked the WR position very well and made a poor decision drafting Mitchell. The Eagles currently do not have adequate depth at the position. If there has been any snafus in the Eagles managing as of late it would be this position. If T.O. does not work out you are screwed..end of discussion...Greg Lewis and Reggie Brown are not gonna cut it if you are honest. Westbrook your real WR is not even in camp...ouch :)

It is no big secret that the Eagles had no real threat at the WR position until they got T.O...the others were functional but not impact players. McChuck used his legs and arm to make things happen prior to this certainly not the WRs prior to T.O.s arrival. I guess Mitchell was a busted pick..does Reid get credit for that too? And the hole it leaves until Brown is ready for the Big Show? Sorry, good try but most of this list can be found on any teams practice squad.

Just swallow the big green reality pill and do not homer out my friend :)

Yes, I located one of the Eagles real weaknesess especially in light of the T.O. saga, busted pick in Mitchell, Pinkston injury and Westbrook holdout. This can get better with T.O. on board and Westbrook back in action but any injury from either one of these two will spell trouble.

Reid was less of a "fox" and more of a "hound" on his pick of Mitchell and lack of sound WR depth but he does get credit for being a "fox" on almost every other matter which is a huge compliment. Not event elite teams are perfect and they all have weaknesses..your is the WR position (without TO) and RB position IMO.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
ROYDESTROY said:
Phoenix-Talon said:
This can get better with T.O. on board and Westbrook back in action but any injury from either one of these two will spell trouble.

That large green reality pill is even more difficult to swallow without water to wash it down -- and your argument simply does not wash!:)

You see, as you clearly stated above ...T.O. is on board, and Westbrook is also!

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Brian Westbrook knows the deal: Be in camp Monday or lose the potential to become an unrestricted free agent after the season.

The running back has been holding out of the Eagles' training camp in hopes of reaching a long-term deal with the team. As of last night, Westbrook's agent, Fletcher Smith, and the Eagles had not reached a deal, a team source said.

"We're going to continue to look at all options," Smith said early yesterday morning. "The [collective-bargaining agreement] doesn't provide very many choices for someone in Brian's position. Someone asked me about our leverage, but that's tough to answer, especially when the team has most of the leverage."

For every day Westbrook misses camp, he is fined $6,000, bringing his total to $30,000 as of yesterday.

Westy will be "on Board.";)

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
That large green reality pill is even more difficult to swallow without water to wash it down -- and your argument simply does not wash!:)

You see, as you clearly stated above ...T.O. is on board, and Westbrook is also!

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Brian Westbrook knows the deal: Be in camp Monday or lose the potential to become an unrestricted free agent after the season.

The running back has been holding out of the Eagles' training camp in hopes of reaching a long-term deal with the team. As of last night, Westbrook's agent, Fletcher Smith, and the Eagles had not reached a deal, a team source said.

"We're going to continue to look at all options," Smith said early yesterday morning. "The [collective-bargaining agreement] doesn't provide very many choices for someone in Brian's position. Someone asked me about our leverage, but that's tough to answer, especially when the team has most of the leverage."

For every day Westbrook misses camp, he is fined $6,000, bringing his total to $30,000 as of yesterday.

Westy will be "on Board.";)

A simple point you clearly cannot or will not apprehend:

T.O. is not depth :) This was my only argument..he is or was your starter. You assume he will be back but who really knows on that one. Even if he does there is no other WR threat ..if Westbrook comes back..he is a RB not a receiver even if he catches more than runs..Buck is gone so your RB depth is thin too. Moats and Brown are green and unproven there is not much left after this if you are honest.

What washes the BIG GREEN REALITY PILL down your throat is the fact that you still have no depth at the WR position..after T.O. there is little impact at the position. Do not be a homer and fess up..you are ruining my respect for your other points on this one Talon. It is obvious..you cannot appeal to T.O. the starter and Westbrook the starting RB as depth at the WR position.

I think you are trying to argue another point than depth..these are simply positions that lack proven depth not proven starters..a simple distinction to be sure so be sure to wash this pill down with the refreshing taste of honesty and not homer juice bro :)

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
ROYDESTROY...you cannot appeal to T.O. the starter and Westbrook the starting RB as depth at the WR position.[/QUOTE said:
That huge green reality pill just got smaller with the return of Westbrook today.
But ok, I get your point about depth!:eek::