PITTDAWG: How is Rob doing?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mullet said:
here is the reality for Rob and his weight loss last year..... there is no way he lost all that weight, and maintened his strength (certainly didn't gain strength). so, this offseason will be the first opportunity that he has had to build muscle and strength. The entire draft class will get stronger (how about chris canty who couldn't have had strong legs with his knee injury?).
So, combine more stength and better health, Rob has a chance to still be the starter at RT (imo).

True, and remember for his draft status, being the starter the way it turned out. He also played every offensive snap last year (what they said on the Ticket earlier). That is a big order for a rookie in that situation.

With a year of experience, off season training. And knowing what to expect this year. A WR to take pressure off, like less blitzing, less 8 man fronts. I think we will be pleasantly surprised at Rob's play this year. It takes time fellow fans. Be patient.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
No doubt it can be difficult pittdawg, in the position you are in it takes huge cahonas to post and read the trip that endlessly flows out of the computer sometimes. I can only encourage you to hang in and not let it get to you, at the same time doubting I could put up with it personally.

To quote the infamous words of Joe Dirt,
Life is a Garden, Dig it.

VirusX

Reaction score
pittdawg said:
don't have to worry about me or rob, neither one of us are looking for any special consideration. besides, unlike some posters out there, rob actually plays for the dallas cowboys and doesn't have to be concerned with the whims of some wanabe. don't mean to be overly critical, but life can be difficult at times.

:lmao2: :bow: Right on.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
you hear that guys? pittdawg doesn't need you guys kissing up to him like you do

anyway, pitt, who do you think Rob is closest to as far as teammates? and how's he doing?

:bow: Saved me from saying it

pittdawg

Proud Father
Reaction score
to answer a few questions;

rob's playing weight hasn't been set yet, althought he is shooting for 325 lbs again.

he is friendly with most of the team, but peterman, al johnson, lousaka and julius are some that have been around when i'm there.

those players gone he liked cambell and glover alot.

there probably are others i don't know about.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
pittdawg said:
don't have to worry about me or rob, neither one of us are looking for any special consideration. besides, unlike some posters out there, rob actually plays for the dallas cowboys and doesn't have to be concerned with the whims of some wanabe. don't mean to be overly critical, but life can be difficult at times.

Ha! Ha! AMEN! We as fans hardly ever take this into perspective. WE are not on the Cowboys (although most of us feel like part owners). As crappy as we think a player is, THEY are playing PRO FREAKIN' FOOTBALL! I hope Rob improves because he really needs it, and to be quite frank the team and the fans need it too.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Good to hear he has his weight/strength up and he has recovered. It should be a good battle with him and Fabini, hopefully if nothing else he can learn some tricks of the trade from him and continue to grow as a player.

Im just glad Dallas has depth/options at both tackle spots and a good mix of veterans and youth.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
pittdawg said:

Oh man. I hate reading that. Only confirms worries that the team is losing too many leaders. Hope the young guys and vet replacements can help bring some team chemistry to this roster.

sago1

Reaction score
Glad to see you haven't given us up as a place where you don't want to visit. Your son showed real toughness in doing best job he could under most difficult circumstances. Glad to hear he's gained 10# of muscle even before weight conditioning program had begun & assume he healthy. We Cowboy fans are hopeful again this year as we are every year until reality creeps in late in season as injuries mount, etc.

Sure you and Rob both about the signing of OT Jason Fabini as our starter at RT. But Rob certainly shouldn't let this discourage him; just use it even more to just get better. Cowboys mouthpiece Mickey Spagnola said online that signing vet Fabini for such a low amount gives Cowboys options. While he's designated starter, we aren't paying him so much that we can't use him at backup if Rob Pettiti's development takes a big step forward.

Good talking to you; hope you visit us often with more from Rob about his workout. Frankly, I'd really like to see Rob make it to starting RT for the Cowboys either this year or next.

silver

Reaction score
pittdawg said:
rob is fine, fully healed and ready to prove himself again. already has gained over 10 lbs of muscle and "mandatory lifting" has just started. he is anxious to meet T.O. , but sorry to see some teammates leave.
i'm glad to hear Pettiti is not conceding anything to the newcomers. Should be good to see who plays best in preseason. A year of exp under his belt and an offseason conditioning program should do wonders for him. Looking forward for an excellent season from him.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
:bow: Saved me from saying it

I agree that no butt kissing in necessary as it becomes transparent very quickly. However, I do believe the man and his son deserve a little respect....that is all. No need to bash just because you get the chance to speak directly to his Dad.

Glad to hear Rob is working hard with the weights. I hope he also works on his foot work and agility as well. He was challeged by outside speed rushes also switching sides must have been a challenge.

In all honesty, I see Rob as a backup this year. Tell him to keep his head up and keep working hard, he'll be a solid pro with some more time and reps.

Keep us updated Pittdawg.

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Hey Pitt--great to see you back!

Here's one for you--since so many are pointing out that the perceived locker-room leaders are now gone (Glover, Campbell, Key), who are some of the potential new leaders? I'm thinking maybe guys like Roy & Witten?

Boy, is THIS year going to be interesting!! We're looking forward to full reports on the media circus that this year will be!!

pittdawg

Proud Father
Reaction score
one more thing.

rivera is working out really hard and chanty has gained alot of upper body strenght.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
pittdawg said:
one more thing.

rivera is working out really hard and chanty has gained alot of upper body strenght.

Getting Canty was a steal last year and I fully expect him to be a force this year. Great to hear he is bulking up. Big frame to grow on there.....6'7 I believe. What are you hearing about the team's feelings on TO?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
pittdawg said:
one more thing.

Two guys that could be night and day. Awesome news! :yourock:

I once thought Rivera was finished having a back injury close to his mid-30's but maybe he's heading for another Pro Bowl this year. And Parcells talked about Canty hitting the rookie wall last year and needing to get in more football shape with his extended absence from workouts/football. I can't wait until this upcoming season!!

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
pittdawg said:
to answer a few questions;

rob's playing weight hasn't been set yet, althought he is shooting for 325 lbs again.

he is friendly with most of the team, but peterman, al johnson, lousaka and julius are some that have been around when i'm there.

there probably are others i don't know about.

Losing those guys is tough. They were great Cowboys.
What are your thoughts on the team signing TO? I am curious
to what the team chemistry will be like this season. Who do you
think will take the leadership roles? Thanks for the responses.

silver

Reaction score
pittdawg said:
one more thing.

Rivera's always been a good worker. His back just wasn't right last year yet he started all but 2 games. You don't start 125 consecutive games in the NFL by being lazy.

pittdawg

Proud Father
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx said:
Losing those guys is tough. They were great Cowboys.
What are your thoughts on the team signing TO? I am curious
to what the team chemistry will be like this season. Who do you
think will take the leadership roles? Thanks for the responses.

rob is excited about T.O., but is cautious about how he will fit in. my feelings are he will be fine because playing football hasn't been the problem. playing for an owner like jerry jones might take some of the edge off.

i really don't know if anyone has stepped up as leader yet, but a lot of players haven't been around much. maybe after conditioning someone will begin to step forward.

thewivil

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time outta your day to talk to us knuckleheads, pittdawg.

Tobal

Reaction score
I'd love to hear Robs take on Larry Allen, what was that man like in the lockerroom.

Also it was reported that Flozell worshipped the ground Allen walked on I wonder how he will be with Allen gone.

lockeroom dynamics interest me, I've been on teams with very varied backgrounds, but we were similar in age and very few of us were fathers. I wonder about the added dynamic of age and family situations.