PITTDAWG: How is Rob doing?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Longboysfan said:
This is something the mods may want to consider - 15 questions with Rob.
Something like Trickblue did the other day.

That's a good idea...

Do you think Rob would be up for something like that PD?

No hurry...

ravidubey

Reaction score
pittdawg said:
will talk to rob....don't know.
Thanks for all the info! Best of luck to your family and Rob... btw, what's Rob doing with his playing time bonus check? :)

wileedog

Reaction score
pittdawg said:
will talk to rob....don't know.

Priority List:

1. Lift weights
2. Improve footwork and balance
3. Pick up Parcell's dry cleaning

576. Talk to chuckleheads on the internet.

:)

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
trickblue, who are you, and what did you do?

I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you... ;)

rw54

Reaction score
pittdawg said:
i really wish i had more info for you guys, i just don't know about some of this stuff. believe it or not, rob and i don't really talk about the goings on with the team much, just about what relates to him most of the time.

Any little tidbit is like water to a man in the desert. Thank you very much. For what it is worth, I think Rob is physically superior to Fabini and stands a good chance against him in a fair competition. Last year it seemed like he could anchor or he could slide, but struggled to do both on the same play. One thing is for sure - he is tough enough to do a great job. I know you must be enormously proud of that fact alone.

xpistofer

Reaction score
pittdawg said:
one more thing.

rivera is working out really hard and chanty has gained alot of upper body strenght.

just want to thank you again for taking the time to visit with us...

it is appreciated.

let Rob know there are a lot of Cowboy fans out there who are wishing him success and who are willing to be patient while he learns/grows (despite the harshness and disrespectfulness of a small minority).

thanks again!

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
pittdawg said:
rob is fine, fully healed and ready to prove himself again. already has gained over 10 lbs of muscle and "mandatory lifting" has just started. he is anxious to meet T.O. , but sorry to see some teammates leave.

Thanks alot, it's really interesting having you post on here.

I don't want to speak for Pittdawg, but I would believe that he is fully aware of the critics, especially at this level. Hell, I wouldn't doubt that he himself had a part in Rob getting to this level. You don't get to the NFL as an O-Lineman if you don't get a little tough love.

For a rookie 6th rounder, he did everything we could have asked of him, especially considering he wasn't supposed to be the starter.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
wileedog said:
Priority List:

1. Lift weights
2. Improve footwork and balance
3. Pick up Parcell's dry cleaning

576. Talk to chuckleheads on the internet.

:)
Post of the day.

texastwister

Reaction score
Pittdawg I just hope you take some of the posts about Rob with a grain of salt. Some people engage fingers before brain. Thanks for keeping us posters in the loop on the inside scoop.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I don't think there is a single player on our team that can go without getting heat unless they are absolutely perfect.

Even Ellis starting taking heat for doing absolutely nothing... Most of these fans aren't at all loyal. Then there are the rest of us.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Thank you for the consideration and the info, Pittdawg.
I happen to think that Rob will be right in there swinging for the starting position.

Reaction score
pittdawg said:
i really wish i had more info for you guys, i just don't know about some of this stuff. believe it or not, rob and i don't really talk about the goings on with the team much, just about what relates to him most of the time.

Well that's gotta change! :) Just kidding!

I really appreciate your posts.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Still one of Rob's fans and think he did a great job for a 6th round rookie playing in front of an immobile QB

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
adbutcher said:
Pittdawg,

Glad to see you back. I might be in the minority but I don't think Fabini is a shoe in to start. Loosing all that weight had to zap Rob big time. I will make my final judgement when TC starts. I am sure now that Rob has tasted starting in the NFL he will not concede anything to Fabini. Tell him we all wish him the best and to continue to work his arse off (not literally because junk in trunk in trenches is actually a good thing). :)

I would have to agree, the starter isn't set yet. I saw a lot of good play from Rob last season but he struggled against the top passrushers (doesn't everyone?) but dominated at times against the lesser players. Not bad for a 6th round rookie moving to a new position.

I am hopeful that Rob will hit the weights, work on his footwork, leverage, and technique a lot, and have fun while he is playing. Too often guys forget that it is still a game and they are meant to enjoy it.

Opportunities like this only come around for a very few guys so tell Rob to enjoy every moment of his NFL experience, even the two-a-days. It only lasts a short time then it is over.

Thanks PittDawg.

jeff

Reaction score
I so excited when we got Rob - especially in the 6th round. Hope he continues to get better and nails down his spot on the line.