Twitter: Pitts a potential bust?

Croomraider

Reaction score
Hockenson is pretty good. Top ten pick worthy?! Probably not.
Pitts looks great but I agree that he could bust, mainly because people
are already announcing Hall of Fame and he hasn't even been drafted.
Also I hear his blocking skills are pretty subpar... not good for a TE.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Hockenson is pretty good. Top ten pick worthy?! Probably not.
Pitts looks great but I agree that he could bust, mainly because people
are already announcing Hall of Fame and he hasn't even been drafted.
Also I hear his blocking skills are pretty subpar... not good for a TE.
Pitts blocking is pretty much being described as adequate by scouts, Daniel Jeremiah said. He said that Pitts gives really good effort on his blocking and scouts say if he gives good effort, he can block good enough.

Jeremiah hinted that sometimes, receiving TE’s can give subpar effort on blocking, but that definitely isn’t the case with Pitts.

All of the TE’s that are in the tweet in the OP didn’t have a fraction of the ball skills or the actual football talent that Pitts had. Perhaps you could say Hockenson but he isn’t nearly the athlete that Pitts is either.

Howard, Njoku, Engram, and Fant were all more just great athletes that needed to learn to play TE. They were talented but there was still a question if they would ever become good football players. I personally don’t like to draft guys like that high because I like to spend high picks on guys who are good football players.

Pitts is completely different than those guys. He is a fantastic football player who tracks the ball, high points the ball, uses his hands and body position to get open and finds and catches the ball in a similar manner to some of the best WR’s to ever play. He naturally does everything that the best players do.

In short, he is already everything that teams hoped Howard, Engram and Njoku would become in a best case scenario. Pitts is in a vastly superior category than the guys long on traits and short on actual football skills.

Whoever made that tweet is crazy out of touch with actual prospects and what they do on the football field. It was a foolish thing to say by him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
KC could have traded Tony Gonzalez for a bus load of defensive player within a year or of drafting him...

If a team has the chance to draft a HoF type talent then they should do it regardless of need.
Can you guarantee he makes the hof?

Where was Gonzalez drafted?