Pitts, Surtain II or Farley? Who's the Cowboy?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
not sure if your kidding, but actually..if we are at an impasse with Dak come draft time, then I am on board with Mac Jones at 10. I know its high, but IMO, he is my 3rd rated QB in this draft just behind Lawrence. I think WILSON is the best QB in the draft. So its Wilkson, Lawrence and then Jones. IMO Fields and Lance are very raw. Only reason they are projected where they are is because of Pat Mahomes and teams want that quick fix..they wanna find lightning in a bottle. They aint it.Give me Mac Jones and call it a day. Unless we sign Dak. If we sign Dak, then I want Surtain I think. His body of work is unmatched.

My interest in Mac Jones is real but I do not think this awful front office will even consider a QB in the first two days of the draft regardless of what happens with Prescott.

It's the dumb thing to do. I have faith that they'll do it. They'll waste that pick on a cornerback who impacts nothing and will just be another face in a crowd of losers.

Rayman70

Reaction score
My interest in Mac Jones is real but I do not think this awful front office will even consider a QB in the first two days of the draft regardless of what happens with Prescott.

It's the dumb thing to do. I have faith that they'll do it.
lol..agree

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I’m betting Surtain or Horn. I think Farley drops due to opting out and having only 1 season of tape.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I’m betting Surtain or Horn. I think Farley drops due to opting out and having only 1 season of tape.
ALSO his injury concerns might drop him. I love Surtins body of work and durability.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I’ve been saying take whichever CB between Surtain or Farley is available but I’ve had an epiphany. Watching all the shuffling on the o-line last year and defecting on how Tryon has struggled to stay on the field the last couple of years has made me realize that replenishing the offensive line cupboard should be job #1. Having said that regardless of which CB is on the board if Slater is there he’s my pick. He can play inside at RG until Tyron retires and will serve as a backup at both tackle spots until then. We can get our CB in round two.

Nemesis4u

Reaction score

It's the dumb thing to do. I have faith that they'll do it. They'll waste that pick on a cornerback who impacts nothing and will just be another face in a crowd of losers.
My dream is we trade dak for a first + a 2nd next year and take Jones with the pick we trade for like from the skins. and with the 10th pick we take Pitts. We cant fix both sides of the ball this year but we can fix the offense and make it elite then have 40 million + an extra 2nd next year to finish the defense.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
It’s not going to be those choices it will probably be Slater, Parsons, or some best available we don’t know about. Not Pitts ,Sewell, or Suratain.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Surtain, Farley, Pitts for me.

If I draft Pitts I have to trade either Amari or CeeDee.
Only so many snaps to go around as a prime offensive weapon.

Why not Gallup? Gallup is an outside only deep threat and doesn't bring enough return to even trade at this point.
Amari and CeeDee both bring real returns which I want if I am using pick 10(an elite resource) on an offensive weapon again. --Just did so with Amari trade and with CeeDee.

Reality is I'd target Sewell/Surtain/Farley/trade down/Slater.

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
not sure if your kidding, but actually..if we are at an impasse with Dak come draft time, then I am on board with Mac Jones at 10. I know its high, but IMO, he is my 3rd rated QB in this draft just behind Lawrence. I think WILSON is the best QB in the draft. So its Wilkson, Lawrence and then Jones. IMO Fields and Lance are very raw. Only reason they are projected where they are is because of Pat Mahomes and teams want that quick fix..they wanna find lightning in a bottle. They aint it.Give me Mac Jones and call it a day. Unless we sign Dak. If we sign Dak, then I want Surtain I think. His body of work is unmatched.
Mac Jones is no where near a top QB prospect.
His lack of athleticism and arm strength are very real concerns.
Literally any solid college QB could put up great stats with the bevy of talent Bama had on every slot in that offense with an elite play caller.
He certainly showed solid leadership and to be very accurate but he was throwing to guys who flat eat DB and were constantly wide open.
There simply is no tape of him playing out of rhythm because Bama never got knocked off course.

Going from Dak to Mac Jones would be hilariously bad.
It wouldn't be quite as bad as DiNucci but it would be worse than Andy Dalton who is probably the very high water mark for Mac.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Literally any solid college QB could put up great stats with the bevy of talent Bama had on every slot in that offense with an elite play caller.
He certainly showed solid leadership and to be very accurate but he was throwing to guys who flat eat DB and were constantly wide open.
There simply is no tape of him playing out of rhythm because Bama never got knocked off course.

It wouldn't be quite as bad as DiNucci but it would be worse than Andy Dalton who is probably the very high water mark for Mac.
ask the teams that played against him if his arm was bad. I bet they might have another take. If he can be that accurate, I don't care.I hear ya about him not being top 10...I get it, but I am saying IN THIS YEARS DRAFT where QB is a down year, he just might be going much higher than he normally would. I would hesitate drafting Trey Lance high..yet another QB from ND state. Buyer beware. Mac is a much safer pick.

Rayman70

Reaction score

I respect you and your opinions..but he is nowhere near to as raw as Ben D. Ben is a huge project. Probably shouldnt have been drafted. Mac would eat his lunch in a comp.

Rayman70

Reaction score

he seemed to move around well against Ohio state and many others. He will never be deemed a running QB..but he understands how to utilize the pocket and the skills he does have. He plays very well within his skillset and scheme. VERY coachable.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I’ve been saying take whichever CB between Surtain or Farley is available but I’ve had an epiphany. Watching all the shuffling on the o-line last year and defecting on how Tryon has struggled to stay on the field the last couple of years has made me realize that replenishing the offensive line cupboard should be job #1. Having said that regardless of which CB is on the board if Slater is there he’s my pick. He can play inside at RG until Tyron retires and will serve as a backup at both tackle spots until then. We can get our CB in round two.
if we want a safe pick at 10..its def. Slater,sewell or Surtain. ANY of them help us now.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
ask the teams that played against him if his arm was bad. I bet they might have another take. If he can be that accurate, I don't care.I hear ya about him not being top 10...I get it, but I am saying IN THIS YEARS DRAFT where QB is a down year, he just might be going much higher than he normally would. I would hesitate drafting Trey Lance high..yet another QB from ND state. Buyer beware. Mac is a much safer pick.
That Bama offesne is going to have two WR drafted top 15.
They are also going to have 2 OL drafted and the RB.
That is an insane amount of talent. Insane.

AJ McCarron won two national titles at Bama.
Jake Coker won 1. Greg McElroy another 1.

That's who I think Mac Jones is. AJ McCarron specifically but like all those guys....
A really good collegiate QB who just lacks the overall skillset to be a plus QB1 in the NFL.

He did look very good after learning the offense for 2 years as a back up.
He took advantage of insane weapons and the most talent in the country on offense by far.

But he won't have that type advantage next year.
Someone will take the risk because why not but he had one elite level playing season.

garyv

Reaction score
Inquire minds want to know..:)

Honestly just a gut pick but Surtain I believe than 2nd Round Safety unless a top
notch DT slides out of the 1st. I always believed the first 3 picks not sure exact
order is CB, Safety and DT

I try to look at strength of the draft and my opinion where they are picking CB
is a strength there with Surtain, Farley and Horn in between picks 7 through 20.
In the second round I believe Safety is a strength in the top 12 if you wait till the 3rd
all the elite ones are probably gone. I think there will be DT's available in the 3rd
and 4th rounds.

Last edited:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I think Denver makes the decision for which CB we should take, whoever is still undrafted will be the pick-I'm hoping Farley.
A lot of people saying this, but Denver would be pretty stupid to go corner when they don't have a quarterback.