Places to visit in Dallas

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
Hello everyone, in August im going for the first time to Texas Stadium to watch our boys play the Texans and Im also going in the regular season. Can someone tell me what are good restaurants in the area around Texas Stadium? I heard about a breakfast place that cowboys players used to go thats pretty good anyone know the name of it or any other good places ?

Thanks in advance.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2153318 said:
Hooters is nice at the corral

A guy is coming to Texas and you point him at Hooters? :laugh2:

Come on, you can do better than a large chain restaurant that you can eat at in almost any state!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
djtavo;2153297 said:
Hello everyone, in August im going for the first time to Texas Stadium to watch our boys play the Texans and Im also going in the regular season. Can someone tell me what are good restaurants in the area around Texas Stadium? I heard about a breakfast place that cowboys players used to go thats pretty good anyone know the name of it or any other good places ?

Thanks in advance.

right around texas stadium is well, iffy. you can go north to firewater. it's more a rock and roll live venue club with about average food. it's off NW Highway and technology blvd. (about 2-3 miles from the stadium.

if you just want gluttony - fogo de chao in addison is the bomb. brazillian meat house where they carve beef off on your plate and it's all you can eat. at around $60 for dinner a person, not including drinks or desert, you likely won't eat $60 in food but man alive when i need a treat this is where i go.

bono de braza in grapevine is about the same thing.

around the NW highway area is rest. row but they're a lot of chains. yes, firewater is buried in all this. joes crab shack, bennigans, chilis, and the like is here. texas land and cattle is a nice steakhouse and it's in this area also.

going south on 35 you'll close in on downtown dallas - just be careful when you go from 183 to 35. 2 lanes merge into 1 and can get messy. if you want to make a downtown run, there's a lot of other places you can visit. if you've heard of "deep ellum" - give it up. the city council has pretty much killed it.

for BBQ, hit a colters if you see one. kinda a chain here but some of the best bbq around. one in grapevine that i know of. sure one is closer but i can't think of it now.

anyway - if you have anything more specific holler and i'll be glad to help you out!

cbfan55

Reaction score
iceberg;2153350 said:
right around texas stadium is well, iffy. you can go north to firewater. it's more a rock and roll live venue club with about average food. it's off NW Highway and technology blvd. (about 2-3 miles from the stadium.

if you just want gluttony - fogo de chao in addison is the bomb. brazillian meat house where they carve beef off on your plate and it's all you can eat. at around $60 for dinner a person, not including drinks or desert, you likely won't eat $60 in food but man alive when i need a treat this is where i go.

bono de braza in grapevine is about the same thing.

around the NW highway area is rest. row but they're a lot of chains. yes, firewater is buried in all this. joes crab shack, bennigans, chilis, and the like is here. texas land and cattle is a nice steakhouse and it's in this area also.

going south on 35 you'll close in on downtown dallas - just be careful when you go from 183 to 35. 2 lanes merge into 1 and can get messy. if you want to make a downtown run, there's a lot of other places you can visit. if you've heard of "deep ellum" - give it up. the city council has pretty much killed it.

for BBQ, hit a colters if you see one. kinda a chain here but some of the best bbq around. one in grapevine that i know of. sure one is closer but i can't think of it now.

anyway - if you have anything more specific holler and i'll be glad to help you out!

COLTERS? If you want BBQ you gotta go to Sunny Bryans in the West End

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
we always hit Papasito's mexican res. Last year we went to Randy White's BBQ. The food kinda stunk, but cool stuff inside.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
iceberg;2153350 said:

Colters! I stopped eating there after I got sick three straight times!

If you're going to eat BBQ in Dallas, at least go to the spots that are popular because their good.

Sonny Bryan's Smokehouse or Sammy's Bar-B-Q.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Just go to West End and you will find everything you need

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Another vote on the "hell no" for Colters. The best BBQ places are Sonny Bryan's, Sammy's, Baker's Ribs, and then Dickey's.

There isn't anything worth eating at anywhere near the stadium. The closest good restaurant to the stadium is Pappas Bros. Steakhouse which is exceptional (but still only like #5 steakhouse in Dallas) but pricey.

But if you are willing to drive a bit and head into Dallas or Ft. Worth, there are plenty of great restaurants around this town. DFW is a food mecca.

Tell us what you are interested in (e.g., Tex Mex, Steak, Burgers, Italian, etc.; Fancy, hole-in-the-wall, etc.) and where you are staying, and I'll give you some recommendations.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
Javiers

Coming to Dallas? do NOT miss out on this world class mexican cuisine. Javiers has a world wide reputation and requires a reservation to get in. I lived in Dallas for 37 years and this in one of my all time favorite restaurants. It's about 20 minutes from the Tx. stadium area.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
cbfan55;2153369 said:
COLTERS? If you want BBQ you gotta go to Sunny Bryans in the West End

nyc;2153378 said:
Colters! I stopped eating there after I got sick three straight times!

If you're going to eat BBQ in Dallas, at least go to the spots that are popular because their good.

Sonny Bryan's Smokehouse or Sammy's Bar-B-Q.

wow. you mean diverse opinions on a forum? : )

sonny b isn't bad, no. but they tone it down too much and cut the edges off the brisket. to me that's a very flavorful part they just toss out.

if you want real good BBQ then you need to find a hole in the wall and get out of the chains. there's one in euless i believe but i can't remember it now.

i love colters and was raised by a dad who'd smoke brisket in a propane tank and measure the smoke penetration to a T. he'd get up 6 times during the night to rotate it and make his own sauce to boot.

i know what i like and i know what i'm raised on. truth be told i don't see a whole lot of difference between many of the chains. if i want REAL good bbq i make my own.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
iceberg;2153402 said:
truth be told i don't see a whole lot of difference between many of the chains. if i want REAL good bbq i make my own.

That's true. BBQ is one of those things that is better if you make it correctly yourself.

I will add one thing about BBQ: if you want the best BBQ in the world while you are here to see the Cowboys, just take I35 right by the stadium and head south for a bit. Then on the other side of Austin, head west out to Driftwood. There's a place there called the Salt Lick and it is the best BBQ you will ever have period. Just leave yourself plenty of time to get back in time for the game ;)

mbanx

Reaction score
cobra;2153411 said:
That's true. BBQ is one of those things that is better if you make it correctly yourself.

I will add one thing about BBQ: if you want the best BBQ in the world while you are here to see the Cowboys, just take I35 right by the stadium and head south for a bit. Then on the other side of Austin, head west out to Driftwood. There's a place there called the Salt Lick and it is the best BBQ you will ever have period. Just leave yourself plenty of time to get back in time for the game ;)

:hammer: God I love that place.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Come to see me in Euless, at my bar...The Den.
About 11 miles from Texas Stadium west on 183 to Industrial Blvd, South, about 1/2 mile.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
StarKist;2153401 said:
Javiers

Coming to Dallas? do NOT miss out on this world class mexican cuisine. Javiers has a world wide reputation and requires a reservation to get in. I lived in Dallas for 37 years and this in one of my all time favorite restaurants. It's about 20 minutes from the Tx. stadium area.

thanks for the heads up on this restaurant, checked out the website and it looks really nice. you know whats the dress code for that place?

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
want to thank everyone on the recommendations on restaurants, I'm taking notes here, I will be in Dallas for 3 days so i will probably go to all of the ones you guys have mention .. lol

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2153318 said:
Hooters is nice at the corral

Cant go wrong with hooters right?... lol
Its funny cause I always find myself in hooters but i hate their food, i just dont know what drives me there :confused: lol

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
cobra;2153399 said:
Another vote on the "hell no" for Colters. The best BBQ places are Sonny Bryan's, Sammy's, Baker's Ribs, and then Dickey's.

Tell us what you are interested in (e.g., Tex Mex, Steak, Burgers, Italian, etc.; Fancy, hole-in-the-wall, etc.) and where you are staying, and I'll give you some recommendations.

Well I love BBQ and Tex Mex, so i prob check out the Sonny Bryans and Sammys, someone suggested Javiers and it looks like a nice place, but if you have anything else in mind please let me know. Thanks for the reply.

1fisher

Reaction score
djtavo;2153297 said:

Thanks in advance.

Coppell Deli.... See if you can down 2 Stubbs and a Newtons Ultimate in one sitting! Be sure to get plenty of Rolaids and Beano!