Places to visit in Dallas

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
Again thanks for all the suggestions guys, I got a pretty good list here.

1fisher

Reaction score
djtavo;2153863 said:
Again thanks for all the suggestions guys, I got a pretty good list here.

Hope you have some good walking shoes....If you have to park in the back lot you're in for a LONG haul after the game. :D

I'd guess at least a mile??

Torn_ACL

Reaction score
djtavo;2153297 said:
Hello everyone, in August im going for the first time to Texas Stadium to watch our boys play the Texans and Im also going in the regular season. Can someone tell me what are good restaurants in the area around Texas Stadium? I heard about a breakfast place that cowboys players used to go thats pretty good anyone know the name of it or any other good places ?

Thanks in advance.

The Coppell Deli is the breakfast place that you heard about. Players in the 90s ate there on their way out of town for road games.

Colo

Rocky Mountain High
Reaction score
Snuffers in lower Greenville. Best cheese fries ever and good burgers.

Colo

Rocky Mountain High
Reaction score
For great mexican, find a Herrera's in Dallas or El Jordan's in Oakcliff (South Dallas).

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Last time I was in Dallas for a game my friends and I ate breakfast at Ham and Eggs and dinner at The Capital Grille. Both were absolutely fantastic.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
iceberg;2153350 said:
right around texas stadium is well, iffy. you can go north to firewater. it's more a rock and roll live venue club with about average food. it's off NW Highway and technology blvd. (about 2-3 miles from the stadium.

if you just want gluttony - fogo de chao in addison is the bomb. brazillian meat house where they carve beef off on your plate and it's all you can eat. at around $60 for dinner a person, not including drinks or desert, you likely won't eat $60 in food but man alive when i need a treat this is where i go.

bono de braza in grapevine is about the same thing.

around the NW highway area is rest. row but they're a lot of chains. yes, firewater is buried in all this. joes crab shack, bennigans, chilis, and the like is here. texas land and cattle is a nice steakhouse and it's in this area also.

going south on 35 you'll close in on downtown dallas - just be careful when you go from 183 to 35. 2 lanes merge into 1 and can get messy. if you want to make a downtown run, there's a lot of other places you can visit. if you've heard of "deep ellum" - give it up. the city council has pretty much killed it.

for BBQ, hit a colters if you see one. kinda a chain here but some of the best bbq around. one in grapevine that i know of. sure one is closer but i can't think of it now.

anyway - if you have anything more specific holler and i'll be glad to help you out!

Iceberg, what is the name of the big tower in downtown Dallas, with the ball on top that slowly turns. That restruant has some mighty fine food, especially steak. Also, to watch the city as the ball slowly revolves is a trip!

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
5Stars;2153943 said:
Iceberg, what is the name of the big tower in downtown Dallas, with the ball on top that slowly turns. That restruant has some mighty fine food, especially steak. Also, to watch the city as the ball slowly revolves is a trip!

I think it's called Reunion Tower.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
1fisher;2153850 said:
LOLOL.... you'd make the drive again and again if you ever stopped by that place.

The banana pudding even taste like hickory smoke! :laugh2:

Good stuff Iceberg. If you're ever in Memphis you'll have to check it out.

Corky's is better

1fisher

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2153952 said:
Corky's is better

Yeag... you need to lay the pipe down! Corkys is now like a chain.... Go on over to G'town and get you some good BBQ! :D

:bow:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Colo;2153885 said:
Snuffers in lower Greenville. Best cheese fries ever and good burgers.

there's a snuffers in addison also and you don't have to put up with lower greenville.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
masomenos85;2153947 said:
I think it's called Reunion Tower.

Yeah, I think that is it!

It's been along time since I lived in Dallas so I forgot, but I ate there several times.

Story...I met a girl there in Dallas (a Home Coming Queen...I later found out, really beautiful girl)...anyway, we dated for a few months (why she was attracted to me, I have no clue, but she was with me day and night)! ;)

So one night I took her to that tower for dinner. Well, we ordered our food, and I got a T-Bone and I don't know what she ordered, but anyway, our food arrives and we start eating. Well, this place is full of "beautiful people":rolleyes: all dressed up and stuff, piano man playing, and so on...

Well, I start eating and cutting my T-bone, and she's glaring at me and then tells me, "would you please cut your steak right, people are looking at us"! I'm like, WTH...! I asked her, what do you mean? She said I was cutting my steak wrong and to use the knife and fork like this, she whispers to me.

I'm thinking to myself, "yeah, big deal...they are looking at me cut my steak...so what"!

Anyway, during my meal, she tells this to me again! Now, I'm getting upset at her. She is glaring at me, I guess embarassed? One more time she tells me this. Now I've had it with her!!

So, I just pick up my T-bone with my hands and start gnawing at the bone, grease all over my lips, fingers, I don't give a crap now! She is turning bright red, pissed as hell!...then I tell her, "Well, how's this then"!!!

Well, after dinner, I took her home in silence! Never saw her again...bicth!!

;)

But...she was mighty fine, but...?

mbanx

Reaction score
iceberg;2153981 said:
there's a snuffers in addison also and you don't have to put up with lower greenville.

Snuffers is a good burger joint. Thanks alot everybody you have officially made me homesick as well as hungrey. :D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
1fisher;2153957 said:
Yeag... you need to lay the pipe down! Corkys is now like a chain.... Go on over to G'town and get you some good BBQ! :D

:bow:

Been there done that and prefer Corky's

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
5Stars;2153983 said:
Yeah, I think that is it!

It's been along time since I lived in Dallas so I forgot, but I ate there several times.

Story...I met a girl there in Dallas (a Home Coming Queen...I later found out, really beautiful girl)...anyway, we dated for a few months (why she was attracted to me, I have no clue, but she was with me day and night)! ;)

So one night I took her to that tower for dinner. Well, we ordered our food, and I got a T-Bone and I don't know what she ordered, but anyway, our food arrives and we start eating. Well, this place is full of "beautiful people":rolleyes: all dressed up and stuff, piano man playing, and so on...

Well, I start eating and cutting my T-bone, and she's glaring at me and then tells me, "would you please cut your steak right, people are looking at us"! I'm like, WTH...! I asked her, what do you mean? She said I was cutting my steak wrong and to use the knife and fork like this, she whispers to me.

I'm thinking to myself, "yeah, big deal...they are looking at me cut my steak...so what"!

Anyway, during my meal, she tells this to me again! Now, I'm getting upset at her. She is glaring at me, I guess embarassed? One more time she tells me this. Now I've had it with her!!

So, I just pick up my T-bone with my hands and start gnawing at the bone, grease all over my lips, fingers, I don't give a crap now! She is turning bright red, pissed as hell!...then I tell her, "Well, how's this then"!!!

Well, after dinner, I took her home in silence! Never saw her again...bicth!!

;)

But...she was mighty fine, but...?

my mental picture of this story was the scarface movie....lmao....:lmao:

What are you lookin' at? You're all a bunch of f***' as****. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your f***' fingers, and say "that's the bad guy." So, what'll that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth... even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy. Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again...

:lmao:

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Id say the best place to visit if you are going to Dallas is ...Fort Worth and Arlington.........ha ha ha

:laugh2: