Twitter: Plan with Zeke according to Mike Fisher

Big_D

Reaction score
lol The team is still stupid enough to think Zeke carrying the load might actually payoff someday. They completely dropped the ball and a restructure would be an even bigger joke at this point. No real surprise!

black label

Reaction score
He's not making enough. Pay him more and he will win more games, it's so simple even a quarterback can do it.
giphy.gif

dwreck27

Reaction score
In other shocking news paying a RB top money is dumb

we avoided it with Demarco Murray (smartly)but decided to still “send it” with Zeke

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke is in 2016 Dez mode. His name is now way bigger than his game, and some fans will claim he's due for a turnaround after a bad year when the signs clearly point to him being washed.

"Dak and Dez will get that deep ball timing down", no, Dez just doesn't have the springs to win deep balls like he used to.

"Zeke just needs to get his OL healthy", no, Zeke has lost two gears and stops putting in effort after he gets stuffed a few times.

I supported Zeke since his rookie year, but 2020 was atrocious.

"signs he's clearly washed"?

Signs:
1) His Dynamic Duo BFF QB went down
2) Dalton inserted - who almost everyone here trashed from the get go.
3) 2 other absolute nobody QB's
(point being no real threat at QB spot)
4) New coach/staff
5) Covid
6) Trashed O-line

"Dak played SO great and that was all Zeke's fault" you say?

" While Prescott accounted for 13 total touchdowns in five games (nine passing, three rushing, one receiving), he also uncharacteristically turned it over seven times, throwing four picks and losing three fumbles over that same stretch"

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/4-most-costly-offensive-turnovers-220800665.html

SO might be good idea to tap the brakes a bit on hoping for zeke's demise.

(hyperbole engaged)

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Chub Chub is crashing and burning. Nothing can save him now short of a time machine. Expecting players in the NFL to improve after 3-4 straight years of decline is crazy. Add to that the early retirement package and this is what you get. A fat useless POS.

DRella

Reaction score
I am ok with a restructure of Zeke's contract if it means signing more defense.

Zeke isnt exactly old and still can provide value in blocking, catching and running. I would rather restructure someone like himself instead of someone like Cooper who is more injury prone. I believe unlike others that Zeke will return to a respectable 1200+ yards rushing next season with an improved and healthy offensive line. With Dak as our QB and our WR's that is all that you should expect from him even at his number that hes getting paid. The 1600+ rushing yard seasons is over, you dont need to depend on him as much. But will still be a threat.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would use him as a FB more often with Pollard in the lineup. An all purpose FB who can also run and catch, you know like the old days.

lk8701

Reaction score
Jerry taking Zeke over Ramsey has resulted in him falling into the sunk cost fallacy. Individuals commit the sunk cost fallacy when they continue a behavior or endeavor as a result of previously invested resources (time, money or effort). Overpay for a RB by using the 4th overall pick leads to overpaying on an extension 3 years later now it leads to this stupidity. If the Cowboys took Ramsey with the 4th overall pick and Henry with their 2nd rounder they would be in a much better situation. Never ever overpay for a RB. Zeke, Saquaon doesn't matter. Stick to positional value.

75boyz

Reaction score
A real shame that his commitment to staying in playing shape is so low on his list of priorities along with a somewhat confusing I don't care public persona. At least if he chose to stay in peak physical condition year round his critics may be somewhat less critical.

Was fun to watch at OSU and his first 3 NFL years.

In the past, someone said Zeke fell into a group of past RBs whose performance declined rapidly after passing 1200 carries/ 2250 touches I believe.

Regardless of his chronological age, all those carries seem to have caused a very early expiration to Zeke's useful shelf life as a RB.

Too bad.
He had the makings of a great one early on.

Last edited:

basel90

Reaction score

Zeke better take a very, VERY team friendly extension.

Jerry said he is the most talented player on the roster a few months ago . You can see the jerry logic and where this is heading . This team’s cap issues started with the zeke holdout and the jerry cave .