Twitter: Plan with Zeke according to Mike Fisher

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This is all common sense stuff.
Guys that have large GTD salaries will see them flip. Where Dallas can add voidable or not likely to be seen years to draw down cap hits now.

In a time where caps will rise like crazy this smart business.
Zeke's deal, like Dak's will look a lot more team friendly in 2 years than it does now.

Praxit

Reaction score
..I have to say, Zeke has to be one of the fastest declines I've seen from a RB in years. I know the makeshift OL didn't help. But Pollard, showed more burst and speed with same OL. Zeke is barely 25 yrs old.

Weird or what?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
2021 will tell us a lot about Zeke.

Was 2020 a result of him being banged up and the injury-ravaged line? Because if not the Cowboys need to find a way to get out of this deal. Running backs normally don't last that long. Unless you're Emmitt, Frank Gore, LaDainian Tomlinson, or Adrian Peterson; backs typically have short shelf lives and we've already seen the best out of Elliott.

aria

Reaction score
2021 will tell us a lot about Zeke.

Was 2020 a result of him being banged up and the injury-ravaged line? Because if not the Cowboys need to find a way to get out of this deal. Running backs normally don't last that long. Unless you're Emmitt, Frank Gore, LaDainian Tomlinson, or Adrian Peterson; backs typically have short shelf lives and we've already seen the best out of Elliott.
He was below average last year even when he had room to run. I hope and assume he’ll at least be average with an improved O line and maybe even slightly above average with a top 5-10 O line.

Unfortunately, that doesn’t change the fact that most RB’s with a top 5-10 O line will be slightly above average and yet there’s only one team paying the most money ever to a RB to be elite, not slightly above average and we haven’t seen “elite” zeke since 2016. Jerrah is stuck in his glory years of the early 90’s.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
maybe we need to pay Zeke more? if he's like dak, more money makes him want to win more.
4zr2xo.gif

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We might extend him!!! What?!? Just when I thought Jerry couldn't be any worse of a GM he does something like this, and completely redeems himself.
Zeke hate...you didn't even read it. "team friendly" you casually left out. What the f...