Plax really disses Williams

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
sorry if repost...Taken from the Giants forum with no links to Plax comments.

Plax really disses Williams : River Mike : 10/29/06 8:20 AM

I searched the first page to see if this has been discussed before, and I don't see it. I was a bit surprised when I read it. Although it's not that uncommon for players to dis an opponent, this one seems particularly strong ...

"He clearly does not hold Williams in high regard. "He can't cover and No. 25 (rookie safety Patrick Watkins) can't cover," Burress said. "It wasn't a surprise. That's been (Williams') rap since he came in the league. He's a 250-pound ankle tackler. That's what he is. And horse collars, too." But isn't Williams a big hitter? "He is, when you ain't looking," Burress said. "He'll sock you when you ain't looking. Look at how he tackles guys coming straight at him and guys that are not looking. He's a different football player." So, he can't cover? "Not at all," Burress said. "He wouldn't have made that play if he was on a skateboard."

This should make for an interesting second match.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Burress can't block, struggles to get off the line when CBs jam him, and is typically only good on fade routes and jump balls where he typically gets 90% of his stats.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did Burress really say this? If so, that is really stupid. What does he mean "when you're not looking"? Roy hits people who have the ball or are about to get it. How can you not expect or not be "looking" to get hit in a situation like that? What a dumb statement. I wonder if he really said it.

If the Giants keep running their mouths, it makes me want the Cowboys to take it to 'em next time and I especially hope Roy booms Plax. When he's not looking of course.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I hope Roy sees that. I hope he says nothing at all in response. Just see it and let it fester.

Oh and there are plenty of RBs and QBs who he has laid prone who were looking him right in the eye when he did it and saw him coming. WRs and TEs by sheer nature of looking for the ball would be looking the other way. If they are looking for him instead of the ball...what does that tell you? They know.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Burris has not room to talk about ANYONE! I hope our guys see these comments. He makes one play and all of a sudden he's a Pro Bowler? Dude, you 8'11'', you're supposed to catch the ball if Manning throws it up to you.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
The Giants have turned into the divisions leading trash talkers all of a sudden. It is amazing what a big win will do.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Many of Roy's "jacked up" clips are in run support where the RB is looking directly at him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As I recall, the team that spent a first round pick on Plexaglass, let him go into free agency without even offering him a contract. Hmmmmm.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Oh man. I was a little worried that the 'Boys wouldn't be emotionally up for the game going into NY when the two teams meet again. Now, because of Plax's stupidity, I don't have to worry at all. I know at least one guy will be bringing it.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki;1124159 said:
The Giants beat our ***. He has the right to talk.

No he doesn't. Especially when what he says is not true. There is this thing called class and knowing how to win.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
kingwhicker;1124222 said:
The truth hurts.

What truth, Whicker? That Roy hits when people they aren't looking? That's total nonsense. What should he do? Wait for the guy to look at him, then hit 'em. Duh.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boyzmamacita;1124240 said:
No he doesn't. Especially when what he says is not true. There is this thing called class and knowing how to win.

There is a way to solve this... Just win.

ghst187

Reaction score
chinch;1124313 said:
as much a punk as Plax is, he's right that Roy can't cover.

But to say Roy is a cheap-hit artist is dead wrong.

Plax should act like he's been there....surprised he didn't play at the "U"
he's a jerkstore who disses his own coach