Plax vs. Reeves

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Plax is the only NYG offensive player that overly concerns me. Will Newman be playing the right side or will he shadow Plax all over the field? Last I checked Henry will not start and play in the same limited role he played last week.

If NY is smart they'll match up Plax vs. Reeves all game and my guess is RW will be the help if we're in our base defense. Does this concern anyone?

Aikbach

Reaction score
A Dallas team minus Newman, Ellis and Tank Johnson beat New York by 10 points, I think they'll be fine.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Newman only switched sides because he was replacing Henry in the lineup.

If history holds, Plaxico will have his fair share of big plays. The front 7 really need to step up Sunday afternoon and force the ball out of Eli's hands quickly and get consistent pressure on him.

I wonder if Wade is going to play coverage or be aggressive against the Giants.

- Mike G.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Aikbach;1753579 said:
A Dallas team minus Newman, Ellis and Tank Johnson beat New York by 10 points, I think they'll be fine.

Agreed, just trying to find something to yap about. Reeves was getting torched a little bit to start the Philly game. He looked a little unsettled covering Brown but I guess he and the defense settled down.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
i think Newman is going to be in man on Toomer and yes, Reeves on Plax even w/ help from Roy is a huge concern, seeing as how Stewart continually allows Reeves to give 10 yard cushions on the other teams most physical receiver, and well, we all know how Roy is a liability in coverage. I'm actually more concerned with Stewart getting too dime package happy and Jacobs running all over us.

jchocolate82

Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER;1753588 said:
Agreed, just trying to find something to yap about. Reeves was getting torched a little bit to start the Philly game. He looked a little unsettled covering Brown but I guess he and the defense settled down.

No, he was having problem with his cleats. Its been reported he wasn't getting traction with his cleats he had than when he changed them he didnt have to much of a problem in coverage.

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
dwarecwby311;1753595 said:
i think Newman is going to be in man on Toomer and yes, Reeves on Plax even w/ help from Roy is a huge concern, seeing as how Stewart continually allows Reeves to give 10 yard cushions on the other teams most physical receiver, and well, we all know how Roy is a liability in coverage. I'm actually more concerned with Stewart getting too dime package happy and Jacobs running all over us.

The whole pt of this dime package scheme last week was to stop the Westbrook screen passes.

Jacobs isn't a very good receiver out of the backfield like Tiki was, at least we won't have to worry about this aspect.

DakAttack

Roy Williams
Reaction score
Plax will have another huge game. The test will be to stop the run and limit the other WR's from having big games as well.

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
Roy Williams;1753609 said:
Plax will have another huge game. The test will be to stop the run and limit the other WR's from having big games as well.

Steve Smith, their slot receiver, is out. So this could limit some burden.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
BoysRule2;1753604 said:
The whole pt of this dime package scheme last week was to stop the Westbrook screen passes.

gonna have to disagree with you here, if you go back and watch the game you'll notice how dallas never runs the dime with Roy at LB dropping into coverage to help Reeves UNTIL after Reeves got beat on that big play to Reggie Brown. The Jacques Reeves apologists are going to lynch me here, but the guy just isn't getting it done and the defense is suffering because of it.

BoysRule2 said:
Jacobs isn't a very good receiver out of the backfield like Tiki was, at least we won't have to worry about this aspect.

true, I think the main thing Dallas needs to worry about is the short yardage passing game to Shockey and the WRs

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
dwarecwby311;1753625 said:
gonna have to disagree with you here, if you go back and watch the game you'll notice how dallas never runs the dime with Roy at LB dropping into coverage to help Reeves UNTIL after Reeves got beat on that big play to Reggie Brown. The Jacques Reeves apologists are going to lynch me here, but the guy just isn't getting it done and the defense is suffering because of it.

Ummm...I'm hardly a Reeves apologist, but haven't you read many of the posts here? He had to CHANGE his cleets after that Reggie Brown play. *sigh*

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
BoysRule2;1753630 said:
Ummm...I'm hardly a Reeves apologist, but haven't you read many of the posts here? He had to CHANGE his cleets after that Reggie Brown play. *sigh*

come on man, do you really believe that?? i'm just telling you what i saw after re-watching the game last night. I urge you to do the same and tell me what you see, even after Reeves "changes his cleats" lol

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
dwarecwby311;1753636 said:
come on man, do you really believe that?? i'm just telling you what i saw after re-watching the game last night. I urge you to do the same and tell me what you see, even after Reeves "changes his cleats" lol

It's amazing how we're 7-1, and we're acting like "chicken littles".

Giants fans are already WORRIED about injuries to Ward and Steve Smith, b/c Ward is their 3rd down back, and Smith is their slot receiver.

So which is it? You can't make it both ways.

jchocolate82

Reaction score
dwarecwby311;1753636 said:

Holy crap this has been reported numerous times after he changed his cleats he was better in coverage. You need to be happy that we even have reeves on this team playing the way he is. He's been huge for us better than expected with the injuries we've had back there so cut the guy some slack cause there's no one else out there thats gonna be any better at this point in the season

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1753586 said:
If history holds, Plaxico will have his fair share of big plays. The front 7 really need to step up Sunday afternoon and force the ball out of Eli's hands quickly and get consistent pressure on him.

I wonder if Wade is going to play coverage or be aggressive against the Giants.
So do I. Wade will always want to pressure the QB, I think... It's just his nature. But he's emphasized how Eli does not get sacked for the most part -- that O-line is good, and they emphasize protection, like Parcells used to. So I wonder if we might play coverage, like Wade said we against the Eagles.

Makes for a fun chess match. :)

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
jchocolate82;1753602 said:
No, he was having problem with his cleats. Its been reported he wasn't getting traction with his cleats he had than when he changed them he didnt have to much of a problem in coverage.

Interesting. Didn't know that. Makes me feel better about that huge play to Brown on Philly's first drive.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1753659 said:
So do I. Wade will always want to pressure the QB, I think... It's just his nature. But he's emphasized how Eli does not get sacked for the most part -- that O-line is good, and they emphasize protection, like Parcells used to. So I wonder if we might play coverage, like Wade said we against the Eagles.

Makes for a fun chess match. :)

Any team that has the ability to spread the Cowboys out scare me.

I still think this pass defense is untested and whenever they have faced an above average Quarterback with talented receivers, they got torched.

Yes, we have not been healthy but the Pass Defense, or the lack thereof against quality opponents, has been a problem with this team for a while.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
BoysRule2;1753652 said:
It's amazing how we're 7-1, and we're acting like "chicken littles".

Giants fans are already WORRIED about injuries to Ward and Steve Smith, b/c Ward is their 3rd down back, and Smith is their slot receiver.

So which is it? You can't make it both ways.

how am i acting like a "chicken little"? did i say dallas would lose? i merely stated that Reeves and Roy, even together, are liabilities in coverage. That really isn't even a matter of opinion, it's pure fact.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I think we play much better than week one and for the record, I think Reeves has been holding his own pretty well. Just dying to see a healthy Newman and Henry starting alongside each other.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I doubt Newman will shadow Burress all day. We tend to keep our CBs on the same side of the field the entire game vs having them key on a certain receiver all game. I'm not sure why we do this but that's the way it's been for a long, long time.