Plax vs. Reeves

jchocolate82

Reaction score
dwarecwby311;1753924 said:
i got put in my place? according to whom?

I just offered an objective opinion of what I saw from a particular player and because it's negative everyone immediately jumps to the conclusion that i'm some sort of troll, i hardly call that reaching or nitpicking.

You wanna tell someone to go watch film of the game and Adam is breaking everything down to the nitty gritty for you on passing situations to Reeves side. If you want to refute than go watch film and throw down some evidence back at Adam. I'm not trying to call you a troll man just give Reeves some repect for what he's done so far in the season for us with the circumstances that have happened.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
jchocolate82;1753982 said:
You wanna tell someone to go watch film of the game and Adam is breaking everything down to the nitty gritty for you on passing situations to Reeves side. If you want to refute than go watch film and throw down some evidence back at Adam. I'm not trying to call you a troll man just give Reeves some repect for what he's done so far in the season for us with the circumstances that have happened.

Fair enough (see post above). I have no problem giving Reeves credit, because he has played well at times. I'm merely stating that he is still vulnerable in coverage ESPECIALLY on big, physical receivers like Burress, which is what worries me about the game on Sunday.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
dwarecwby311;1753980 said:
i'm at work right now so i don't have access to the game. I'm going to rewatch it again tonight and break down Reeves' play, but it sounds to me like you're giving credit to Reeves just because the pass wasn't thrown to the receiver he was defending. I clearly remember seeing him leaving guys WIDE open and thankfully McNabb either wasn't able to see it or was just throwing it to his first option because of pressure.

Fine, watch the game again, then provide a list of all of those plays when Reeves left a guy "WIDE open" but McNabb didn't bother throwing in his direction.

jchocolate82

Reaction score
dwarecwby311;1753988 said:
Fair enough (see post above). I have no problem giving Reeves credit, because he has played well at times. I'm merely stating that he is still vulnerable in coverage ESPECIALLY on big, physical receivers like Burress, which is what worries me about the game on Sunday.

Man, I'm right there with you on that cause we got lucky the first game that they didnt take more one on one shots at Burress. Tho watching him play every week this season and hold his own against Moss (Lets face it moss is a beast that many corners cant stop anyway) I feel a little at ease with the him covering Burress cause he'll come into this game with a little more confidence cause you could totally tell in the first game he was lacking that.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1753586 said:
If history holds, Plaxico will have his fair share of big plays.

I gotta/wanna believe that Wade has figured something out. He is the defensive guru... he KNOWS defense.

I would nothing more than to shut down the Giants BECAUSE of Wade's excellent scheme and adjustments.

That would be a capper!

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
Reeves has turned into a very nice player for the Cowboys.

He is fast [4.4 speed] and can close on a WR.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I think Henry starts the game this week. Wade it just saying he might not to maybe mess with the Giants. Henry played well last week against the Eagles - no reason he can't start

I have not seen our secondary at full strength get torched this year. If that happens then I will get worried.

First NY game - no Newman
Miami Game - no Newman
NE game - no Henry

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
eduncan22;1754104 said:
Reeves has turned into a very nice player for the Cowboys.

He is fast [4.4 speed] and can close on a WR.

ummm Reeves ran a 4.61 in the 40 yard dash

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1754205 said:
The best part of my link is it has official numbers from the combine, instead of a guess by a scouting site :)

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2004draft/Reeves,Jacques-CB-Purdue.htm

Those aren't "official numbers from the combine," they're from a campus workout before Reeves' senior season. Reeves didn't even go to the combine.

And I'd question if he was injured or something, though -- or if it was just poor timing by the guy holding the stopwatch -- because Reeves has run a 10.40 100 meters (and won the Big Ten title) and a 6.74 60 meters. And those are verified fully automatic times, not hand-held times (like on campus) or partially electronic times (like at the combine).

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yeah, say what you want about Reeves, but he does have very good speed. Those 10.40s don't grow on trees.

(Of course, nobody is saying that makes him better than Henry.)

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1754257 said:
Those aren't "official numbers from the combine," they're from a campus workout before Reeves' senior season. Reeves didn't even go to the combine.

And I'd question if he was injured or something, though -- or if it was just poor timing by the guy holding the stopwatch -- because Reeves has run a 10.40 100 meters (and won the Big Ten title) and a 6.74 60 meters. And those are verified fully automatic times, not hand-held times (like on campus) or partially electronic times (like at the combine).

hmmm since they had a wonderlic score which I thought was administered at the combine i assumed they were combine numbers.

khiladi

Reaction score
YoMick;1754030 said:
I gotta/wanna believe that Wade has figured something out. He is the defensive guru... he KNOWS defense.

I would nothing more than to shut down the Giants BECAUSE of Wade's excellent scheme and adjustments.

That would be a capper!

This is an excellent point. This game is going to be a nice gage on the coaching of Wade. One of the major flaws of Parcells was his performance against teams he played the second time in a season. He didn't adjust.

Wade seems to excel in this department.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1754262 said:
hmmm since they had a wonderlic score which I thought was administered at the combine i assumed they were combine numbers.

Nope. Notice at the bottom it says the summary came from NFLDraftScout.com. When they have combine results, they always note which one came from the campus tests (usually from the spring before their senior season) and which are from the combine.

For example -- http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2005draft/King,Eric-CB-Wake Forest.htm

"Agility tests: CAMPUS: 4.4 in the 40-yard dash...300-pound bench press...440-pound squat...330-pound hang clean...4.18 20-yard shuttle...11.36 60-yard shuttle...6.92 three-cone drill...38-inch vertical jump...10'6" broad jump...Right-handed...18/33 Wonderlic score. COMBINE: 4.49 in the 40-yard dash...2.66 20-yard dash...1.62 10-yard dash...Bench pressed 225 pounds 12 times...31-inch arm length...9 -inch hands...19 Wonderlic score."

Here's the link to NFLDraftScout.com's page on Reeves --

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=59068

Notice that he didn't get an invitation to the Combine, and that he ran "between 4.45 and 4.48" at his Pro Day (after his senior season).

But again, all you have to do is look at his track times in the 60 meters, 100 meters and 200 meters, and you know he has plenty of speed.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1754257 said:

I figured that 40 time was wrong. No way does a Big X 100 meter champion run a 4.6 forty.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1754277 said:
Nope. Notice at the bottom it says the summary came from NFLDraftScout.com. When they have combine results, they always note which one came from the campus tests (usually from the spring before their senior season) and which are from the combine.

For example -- http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2005draft/King,Eric-CB-Wake Forest.htm

"Agility tests: CAMPUS: 4.4 in the 40-yard dash...300-pound bench press...440-pound squat...330-pound hang clean...4.18 20-yard shuttle...11.36 60-yard shuttle...6.92 three-cone drill...38-inch vertical jump...10'6" broad jump...Right-handed...18/33 Wonderlic score. COMBINE: 4.49 in the 40-yard dash...2.66 20-yard dash...1.62 10-yard dash...Bench pressed 225 pounds 12 times...31-inch arm length...9 -inch hands...19 Wonderlic score."

Notice that he didn't get an invitation to the Combine, and that he ran "between 4.45 and 4.48" at his Pro Day (after his senior season).

But again, all you have to do is look at his track times in the 60 meters, 100 meters and 200 meters, and you know he has plenty of speed.

Either way, it was just to mess with edunce and his Stanback speed posts LOL

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1754277 said:

Phillips said in a September issue of Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine (Cowboys Weekly) that Reeves was the fastest guy on the active roster. I'd post a link but I'd get my internet access to the magazine revoked. :D

playmakers

Reaction score
Dont know if you guys have noticed but we play zone on at least 70 percent of the plays. I wouldnt worry about matchups. Its more like a team effort rather than one guy this year.