Plax vs. Reeves

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
jchocolate82;1753656 said:
Holy crap this has been reported numerous times after he changed his cleats he was better in coverage. You need to be happy that we even have reeves on this team playing the way he is. He's been huge for us better than expected with the injuries we've had back there so cut the guy some slack cause there's no one else out there thats gonna be any better at this point in the season

What does the number of times it being reported have to do with making it more true? If anything, it makes whoever reported such garbage look like a clueless d-bag. Not having the right cleats? are you kidding me? Please, go rewatch the game and tell me how much better Reeves plays after changing said cleats. Also, I wouldn't go as far as to say he's been huge for dallas, he's been serviceable at best at times and absolutely horrible in other seemingly big games.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
LeonDixson;1753685 said:
I doubt Newman will shadow Burress all day. We tend to keep our CBs on the same side of the field the entire game vs having them key on a certain receiver all game. I'm not sure why we do this but that's the way it's been for a long, long time.

Alot of teams in the league do this.

Before the game when Newman had to play on Henry's side, the sideline reporter said that Newman, when asked about the adjustment, said he would be fine playing on a different side even though it would be a little weird at first.

- Mike G.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
dwarecwby311;1753687 said:
What does the number of times it being reported have to do with making it more true? If anything, it makes whoever reported such garbage look like a clueless d-bag. Not having the right cleats? are you kidding me? Please, go rewatch the game and tell me how much better Reeves plays after changing said cleats. Also, I wouldn't go as far as to say he's been huge for dallas, he's been serviceable at best at times and absolutely horrible in other seemingly big games.
You're the one who needs to rewatch the game, Reeves slipped on the play because it was a crappy field and his cleats were too short. He had no problems once he changed his cleats. The kid has done really well this season filling in for Henry and Newman.

jchocolate82

Reaction score

Ummm... yeah I would go as far to say he's been huge for dallas. Who would you rather have back there Nate Jones get out of here. He's done more than enough to hold his own since he's been starting. No one in here is saying he's a great corner, but he's helped to keep us from being slaughtered in the secondary. Teams know he's the weak link in the secondary and throw to him often, last time I checked he hasnt exactly been lit up on in the TD category. The reason Wade trusted him to start in place of Newman was because he wouldnt allow a WR to beat him deep he's not going to be a game changer but he'll hold his own, and thats coming from Wades mouth exactly so go believe on that.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score

It was reported BEFORE the game the field was bad and players were not sure which cleats to use.

Do you believe everyone is lying

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
jchocolate82;1753742 said:
Ummm... yeah I would go as far to say he's been huge for dallas. Who would you rather have back there Nate Jones get out of here. He's done more than enough to hold his own since he's been starting. No one in here is saying he's a great corner, but he's helped to keep us from being slaughtered in the secondary. Teams know he's the weak link in the secondary and throw to him often, last time I checked he hasnt exactly been lit up on in the TD category. The reason Wade trusted him to start in place of Newman was because he wouldnt allow a WR to beat him deep he's not going to be a game changer but he'll hold his own, and thats coming from Wades mouth exactly so go believe on that.

Like I said-I'm not exactly the world's biggest Reeves fan. However-look on the bright side, not only is Reeves coming along nicely, but look at other teams and their CB depth-at last we DON'T have some NY Giants' reject by the name of William James.:laugh1:

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1753674 said:
Any team that has the ability to spread the Cowboys out scare me.

I still think this pass defense is untested and whenever they have faced an above average Quarterback with talented receivers, they got torched.

Yes, we have not been healthy but the Pass Defense, or the lack thereof against quality opponents, has been a problem with this team for a while.

You should be scared. The last time we faced a spread offense, we failed. New England wrote the book on how to defeat our pass defense.

In any case, Reeves and Newman should play very well against the NYG's.

I wouldn't fear a Reeves/Plax matchup. Reeves played very well against Moss.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
The Giants don't seem like a "spread" offense to me. They seem more like a Parcells-style, play-action/throw deep offense... Unless they've changed a lot this year.

If anything, the Eagles seemed much more like the spread-type offense, with the WCO stressing the D horizontally and all the short passes to Westbrook, Curtis, and Brown. I'd say we did okay against them. :)

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
What does the number of times it being reported have to do with making it more true? If anything, it makes whoever reported such garbage look like a clueless d-bag. Not having the right cleats? are you kidding me?

Congratulations. It took you less than 120 posts to lose all credibility on this board.

The Cowboys' sideline reporter, Kristi Scales, reported with two minutes left in the first quarter that "just a few minutes ago, cornerback Jacques Reeves changed his cleats. He had lost his footing on that long pass to Reggie Brown that set up the Westbrook touchdown." (All you have to do is watch the play to see Reeves go skidding across the grass when Brown changes direction.)

Please, go rewatch the game and tell me how much better Reeves plays after changing said cleats.

Well, let's see how he fared against the Eagles' wide receivers before changing cleats and after changing cleats --

BEFORE CHANGING CLEATS
Eagles' total passes attempted: 4
Completions allowed by Reeves: 2
Yards allowed by Reeves: 55

AFTER CHANGING CLEATS
Eagles' total passes attempted: 42
Completions allowed by Reeves: 0
Yards allowed by Reeves: 0

So, before changing cleats, Reeves allowed two catches for 55 yards just in McNabb's first four attempts. After changing cleats, McNabb threw 42 more passes, but Reeves didn't allow any of the Eagles' wide receivers to catch a single pass against him.

Nope, not better at all.

jchocolate82

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1753786 said:
BEFORE CHANGING CLEATS

AFTER CHANGING CLEATS

So, before changing cleats, Reeves allowed two catches for 55 yards just in McNabb's first four attempts. After changing cleats, McNabb threw 42 more passes, but Reeves didn't allow any of the Eagles' wide receivers to catch a single pass against him.

Nope, not better at all.

Hahahaha you are the man way to shove it to him with hard facts. My guess is he wont be saying anything else or shouldnt say anything else on this subject to save himself some face
:lmao: :lmao:

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1753786 said:
Congratulations. It took you less than 120 posts to lose all credibility on this board.

oh no, however will i be able to cope with myself? :(

AdamJT13 said:
(All you have to do is watch the play to see Reeves go skidding across the grass when Brown changes direction.)

I like how you conveniently left out the part where your beloved Jacques Reeves was ONCE AGAIN playing ~10 yards off of Brown and was inexcusably late reacting to the ball once Brown had actually caught it. So not only was he out of position after getting a late read he also took a bad angle to make the tackle. He fell down because of the poor footing on the field I'll give you that, but my point is he shouldn't have even put himself in that position in the first place.

AdamJT13 said:
Well, let's see how he fared against the Eagles' wide receivers before changing cleats and after changing cleats --

BEFORE CHANGING CLEATS

AFTER CHANGING CLEATS

link to those stats?

AdamJT13 said:

Nope, not better at all.

you must've missed where westbrook blows right by Reeves on Philly's first TD

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
jchocolate82;1753801 said:
Hahahaha you are the man way to shove it to him with hard facts. My guess is he wont be saying anything else or shouldnt say anything else on this subject to save himself some face
:lmao: :lmao:

:lmao:

JerryFan

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1753780 said:
The Giants don't seem like a "spread" offense to me. They seem more like a Parcells-style, play-action/throw deep offense... Unless they've changed a lot this year.

If anything, the Eagles seemed much more like the spread-type offense, with the WCO stressing the D horizontally and all the short passes to Westbrook, Curtis, and Brown. I'd say we did okay against them. :)

This is the way I see it also. Add in Steve Smith hurting and Ward hurting and it seems like a grind it out type of game even more. Hopefully Tank helps Jay out inside and Canty continues the way he's been playing. We just need stops on D, we got stops we will score the ball.

jchocolate82

Reaction score
dwarecwby311;1753807 said:
oh no, however will i be able to cope with myself? :(

I like how you conveniently left out the part where your beloved Jacques Reeves was ONCE AGAIN playing ~10 yards off of Brown and was inexcusably late reacting to the ball once Brown had actually caught it. So not only was he out of position after getting a late read he also took a bad angle to make the tackle. He fell down because of the poor footing on the field I'll give you that, but my point is he shouldn't have even put himself in that position in the first place.

link to those stats?

:lmao: :lmao: you can laugh all you want you just got put in your place with those stats from Adam so all you're doing now is reaching and nit picking. Game over son:D

Martice

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1753586 said:
Newman only switched sides because he was replacing Henry in the lineup.

If history holds, Plaxico will have his fair share of big plays. The front 7 really need to step up Sunday afternoon and force the ball out of Eli's hands quickly and get consistent pressure on him.

I wonder if Wade is going to play coverage or be aggressive against the Giants.

- Mike G.

I think Wade will go aggresive and that is because the Giants don't have speed receivers. Plexico can't hurt us deep if Eli doesnt have time to throw. Our secondary is better off this time around and the trust factor should be higher than before. If Wade's 3-4 defense is to show it's fangs at anytime this year, it should be this Sunday for sure.

On another note. The Giants seem so concerned with stopping Romo that we should see plenty of screens and draw plays to cool them down a bit. In short, get the front four guessing a little. Run some screens that will match our 'O' line with their LB and corners. We employed this tactic against a Philly defense that also felt they had the remedy to slow us down by being aggressive and we made them respect the screen plays. Once the front seven became more worried about what was happening in front of them, we were able to beat them over the top and inbetween the safeties.

One more thing I believe is critical about our team. This offense is one that makes adjustments during a game. Romo has shown patience in the pocket and after the Bills game, has learned to simply take what the defense is giving. We have the personnel to be able to pick and choose how we want to attack and this is what I believe is the deciding factor in this game.

I believe we will be aggressive in our defensive attack and not fear that Eli can hang in the pocket long enough to get his tall but not so fast receivers the ball deep. I think we are meaty and deep enough up front to slow down Jacobs where he doesnt affect the outcome of the game much.

I don't think this game will be as hard as some predict. I am more concerend about the Green Bay Game if you ask me.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
jchocolate82;1753815 said:
:lmao: :lmao: you can laugh all you want you just got put in your place with those stats from Adam so all you're doing now is reaching and nit picking. Game over son:D

i got put in my place? according to whom?

I just offered an objective opinion of what I saw from a particular player and because it's negative everyone immediately jumps to the conclusion that i'm some sort of troll, i hardly call that reaching or nitpicking.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
dwarecwby311;1753807 said:

Huh? Reeves followed Brown on a crossing pattern all the way across the field. He didn't get a "late read" or take a "bad angle to make the tackle." If McNabb had led Brown properly, Brown would have kept going in the same direction, and Reeves would have been in position to make the tackle. But the throw was behind Brown, so he stopped to make the catch and changed direction after catching it. Reeves tried to change direction, too, but he slipped and fell. That's why he changed cleats after that possession.

link to those stats?

Go watch the game and see for yourself. McNabb completed only 10 passes to wide receivers in the entire game. Reeves allowed two catches, both on the Eagles' first drive before he changed cleats. Henry allowed four catches for 44 yards. Newman allowed two catches for 16 yards. Davis allowed one for 10 yards. The other was a dumpoff pass behind the line of scrimmage with less than two minutes left in the game, with no defensive backs anywhere close and Reeves on the other side of the field.

You can also go through the play-by-play at NFL.com and see that nine of those 10 passes are listed as going to the "short left." Reeves plays on the offense's right. Brown's first catch went to the right, and his second was on the crossing pattern from the right to the left. None of the others were even on Reeves' side of the field, let alone against Reeves.

Perhaps you could mention ONE play where Reeves allowed a catch by a wide receiver after the Eagles' first possession. Good luck with that.

Westbrook scored on a 3-yard run behind the left tackle, and Reeves was being blocked on the play. Westbrook "blew right by" several other players who were being blocked, too. Besides, that play has nothing to do with Reeves in coverage, and it was the very next play after he allowed the 45-yard catch -- BEFORE he changed cleats. Even if you want to claim that Reeves did anything wrong on Westbrook's 3-yard run, that only proves that Reeves played much better after changing cleats.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
i'm at work right now so i don't have access to the game. I'm going to rewatch it again tonight and break down Reeves' play, but it sounds to me like you're giving credit to Reeves just because the pass wasn't thrown to the receiver he was defending. I clearly remember seeing him leaving guys WIDE open and thankfully McNabb either wasn't able to see it or was just throwing it to his first option because of pressure.