Play Clock At Zero. Opinion?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
McVay running to get the time out. Clearly the clock past the end zone was at zero. Not just flipped zero, but was there long before (three running steps before the ref saw him) McVay got there.

So they announcers call in the former ref and he says, "normally they give the benefit of the doubt to the coach, but time out was called too late."

This league favors offense over defense because of ratings. They protect the QB as if they were antique China that would break under a hard stare. Receivers get the benefit - unless they are Dallas receivers - which drives offense.

Defense is the red headed step child of professional football.

I cannot begin to tell you how irritated I am that McVay got the time out.. That the league does not adhere to the rules. If you want to call hand fighting between a DB and WR a penalty in an arbitrary way, I guess the head coach can stroll overt and call a time out after the results of the next play.

That was clearly a penalty and was reversed by the refs for some reason.

Am I alone on this?

cowboygo

Reaction score
McVay running to get the time out. Clearly the clock past the end zone was at zero. Not just flipped zero, but was there long before (three running steps before the ref saw him) McVay got there.

So they announcers call in the former ref and he says, "normally they give the benefit of the doubt to the coach, but time out was called too late."

This league favors offense over defense because of ratings. They protect the QB as if they were antique China that would break under a hard stare. Receivers get the benefit - unless they are Dallas receivers - which drives offense.

I cannot begin to tell you how irritated I am that McVay got the time out.. That the league does not adhere to the rules. If you want to call hand fighting between a DB and WR a penalty in an arbitrary way, I guess the head coach can stroll overt and call a time out after the results of the next play.

Am I alone on this?
Seemed obvious to me he was late. Heck, it was originally called a delay of game. That call set the tone for the rest of the day. Calls seemed one-sided.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Am I alone on this?

Should've been a flag

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Am I alone on this?

If the Cowboys played a better football game no one would even remember that call.

This team has bigger issues.

Mr_437

Reaction score
It was bullspit!!!

The clock was on zero for two clicks before he even got close to the ref, but it's the NFL dumb stuff happens.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
The NFL wants football back in L.A is a major way. They get a ton of calls in their favor and with them opening up their new stadium i didnt think it was gonna change.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Am I alone on this?

What I don't get is when the NFL has a rule that all coaches have to stay between the 20 yard lines why wasn't McVay flag for a 15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct when he passed the 20 yard line.