Play Clock At Zero. Opinion?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its to the point now its too obvious. I kean teams dont trade with the cowboys. We have constant suspensions even with no proof. Terrible officiating deciding games. I think jerry pissed them off a long time ago
I said it before...it's why Zeke was suspended. That was the season AFTER we were kicking NFL ***es and poised to make a real run. But...Jerry had peed off GODell.....so put the kabosh on it and show Jerry who runs the NFL>

Praxit

Reaction score
..the ref had Covid symptoms. One being your brain doesn't comprehend minus zero seconds.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did the Detroit non call not happen during a “critical” time?

Does it really matter if that call/non call happened in the 1st quarter or 4th? Either way it changes the game and points are points.

Did the non call Goff INT happen at a non critical time even though we got points out of it?

Ever think that maybe those plays happened because we committed a penalty?

Give it up.

I don't give a rats behind what other calls were made. Why are you trying to change the subject? I'll pull up some previous STUPID statements by you about "staying on topic" if need be.

You are making excuse like it really puts you out front for "I'm WAY more objective fan that anyone else here" award. I assure you...there's a LOT of competition and you are falling behind.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It was a bad no call and who knows how it would have changed the game if at all.

mrmojo

Reaction score
The ref in the booth said the time out was called close enough to zero, even if it was after zero, so he was alright with it...........I said what???

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
YOU are the one that brought up the hands to the face...as if trying to equate the two as equal calls. Why not just comment on the topic?

"your delay of game penalty" "your". That wasn't mine. It's OURS. Are you a cowboys fan? I mean you just said it should have been called...now you are saying it's mine?

You are playing both sides here...almost like a troll. I don;t think you are....but you have some logic consistency issues. If you agree that it should have been called...then it's "OURS"...not "YOURS".

I stand by my statement. (you trying to act like the two should offset each other...at least that is how I read it.....did you miswrite? )

Not saying the slap on Goff wasn't a penalty.....BUT....You can't equate the two missed calls. One is during the heat of intense action. Those of course can get missed on both sides. The other during stopped clock, no one moving and no real time out called. Shouldn't; even be mentioned in the same paragraph.

You really do have a reading and comprehension problem. Let me make it easy for you. I became a Cowboys fan the very first day they came into the league. NOBODY is disputing that the time out wasn't a blown call, you are just fixated on it to the extent that the missed call on the hit to Goff's helmet io the interception somehow really isn't as important. Again that was ALSO a missed call. Now if the DB pushed off first then that would be a missed call but TWO refs did see Gallup fully extend his arm and the DB was leaning back. Now that may have to just help sell the push off, but again TWO refs saw Gallup fully extend his arm and that is offensive PI. AGAIN no matter how much I wished the Cowboys won, it doesn't change that fact that Gallup fully extended his arm and was correctly called for offensive PI.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
So the DB NEVER extended his arm? He in fact did it first. They got tangled up.....this is way more often a no call...just two player battling out downfield.....

but suddenly AFTER the completion...the flag came out. Come on.

You're acting like a little kid so I'm done trying discuss this with you. Don't bother to reply because I'll just ignore you.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're acting like a little kid so I'm done trying discuss this with you. Don't bother to reply because I'll just ignore you.
Okay..because we disagree on an arguable point.....just ignore. You'll show me.

Do what you want...I stated my case and opinion....I think it's cowardly to just ignore people you disagree with. Maybe worse than cowardly.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You really do have a reading and comprehension problem. Let me make it easy for you. I became a Cowboys fan the very first day they came into the league. NOBODY is disputing that the time out wasn't a blown call, you are just fixated on it to the extent that the missed call on the hit to Goff's helmet io the interception somehow really isn't as important. Again that was ALSO a missed call. Now if the DB pushed off first then that would be a missed call but TWO refs did see Gallup fully extend his arm and the DB was leaning back. Now that may have to just help sell the push off, but again TWO refs saw Gallup fully extend his arm and that is offensive PI. AGAIN no matter how much I wished the Cowboys won, it doesn't change that fact that Gallup fully extended his arm and was correctly called for offensive PI.

And I will tell YOU again since YOU can't read.

I NEVER said Gallup didn't extend his arm. But here you are ...like an idiot...arguing something I NEVER said.

And in fact...I have said the opposite. I have said "they battled for space" grabbed pulled punched whatever.....

BUT...I said....DB was beat and grabbed first and that is in stills AND video.

I said Goff getting bashed in the head has ZERO bearing on this play. That's like saying if you steal my gum I can steal your car.

Gallup "extended" his arm......AFTER the DB did. That is a no call....let them play NFL football all day.

"Oh wait sheet Gallup actually caught that the ball on a sweet pass thrown by Dak Prescott I better throw a flag">

Ref threw the flag when gallup was on the ground with the ball. Ref looked at him and threw a flag. Cheap azzz beech call.

Ken

Reaction score
McVay running to get the time out. Clearly the clock past the end zone was at zero. Not just flipped zero, but was there long before (three running steps before the ref saw him) McVay got there.

So they announcers call in the former ref and he says, "normally they give the benefit of the doubt to the coach, but time out was called too late."

This league favors offense over defense because of ratings. They protect the QB as if they were antique China that would break under a hard stare. Receivers get the benefit - unless they are Dallas receivers - which drives offense.

Defense is the red headed step child of professional football.

I cannot begin to tell you how irritated I am that McVay got the time out.. That the league does not adhere to the rules. If you want to call hand fighting between a DB and WR a penalty in an arbitrary way, I guess the head coach can stroll overt and call a time out after the results of the next play.

That was clearly a penalty and was reversed by the refs for some reason.

Am I alone on this?
Normally it is 0, look at ball...if not snapped, penalty. It isn't exactly zero but it was bs.

If he was running down the sideline signaling TO..i would have been fine with it. Not the way he did it