Players bullying front office

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Of course. IMO, both sides are at fault. I simply don't see how mgmt is solely at fault.

They shouldn't have promised Dak such a "generous contract" from the start and simpy left themselves open to outlandish demands.

Not wise. If that wasn't enough, they turned around and were pressuring Dak for a "team-friendly deal." Leave it to beaver stuff, huh?

Last edited:

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
What we consider as fair, Dak and his backing doesn't look at it that way at all. The organization that Todd France works for is adamant upon getting outstanding deals for their clients. He's not only obligated to Dak but just as obliged to get the most for his agency. It's a hot mess and getting hotter.
It's called greed

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's called greed

Exactly -- it'll get you every time. Now, both sides are having to deal with it and the FO is in a bind and trying desperately to escape it.
Meanwhile, Dak is caught in the middle but probably loving it. He's probably sitting around and thinking "well, they had their chance!" :muttley:

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
They shouldn't have promised Dak such a "generous contract" from the start and simpy left themselves open to outlandish demands.

Not wise. If that wasn't enough, they turned around and were pressuring Dak for a "team-friendly deal." Leave it to beaver stuff, huh?
33 mil/season is very generous.

Dak has not played up to the level of Wilson, but wants Wilson money. That really doesn't even make sense. What they're asking would be similar to paying Jeff Heath top S money.

kskboys

Reaction score
Exactly -- it'll get you every time. Now, both sides are having to deal with it and the FO is in a bind and trying desperately to escape it.
Meanwhile, Dak is caught in the middle but probably loving it. He's probably sitting around and thinking "well, they had their chance!" :muttley:
But, he's not. They offered, he turned it down.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Offer him a 4 year deal (shorter years he wants) cut his salary down slightly and guarantee all 4 years and move on along.

They could have done a 2 or 3 year extension last year and been in better shape than they are now on both ends of this deal.
Agreed

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Does anyone else ever like to read the stories about these players that make millions and million and end up broke or what they do after football and retires in there 30’s. Some that went on to be successful after making half of what others made. Roger made huge money after football and you barely hear from him. Poor Bradshaw still needs to work cause he has been married so many times. Lol.
Bradshaw may have beaten roger on the field, but Roger mops the floor with him in life. Bradshaw is worth $15M while Roger is worth $600M!

kskboys

Reaction score
Bradshaw may have beaten roger on the field, but Roger mops the floor with him in life. Bradshaw is worth $15M while Roger is worth $600M!
There was absolutely no question at the time that Roger was the better QB. It really wasn't close.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Ya, why didn't haters complain over Romo's & Aikman's big payday?

I'm surprised you posted this PJ because a great many did object to those contracts, especially Tony's. In the Case of Troy, you have to remember that Aikman signed a record deal in 93, I believe. However, it was not till 94 that the hard cap was implemented in the NFL. Add to that the fact that Troy had a Super Bowl under his belt so it was viewed in a very different light. Most fans really didn't understand what the cap really meant then. We would eventually find out the hard way, no talent, years of losing, no draft picks and Dave Campo (God Bless him) years. Tony, that was different for sure. Lots of fans didn't want that deal and hated that contract.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
When I was younger I used to think Im tired of making some a hole rich and started my own business. When I got up and running it wasnt like I anticipated and it was lot more work just to run the business. If it wasnt for Jerry and these other owners building the NFL up and buying these teams and advertising their product these players wouldnt be making the money they are making. Dak is replaceable! The Cowboys could draft another QB and he could be garbage and he would still sell Jerseys. These players are all pawns in a game where they were gifted talent. Jerry and the other owners are the ones who took out all the loans and risks of investing and working sleepless nights to get where he has a product that is self sustaining and growing on its own.

I'm not a fan of all things Jerry, by any means and I do believe he is probably the primary reason we haven't won a title since the 90s but, I am always going to land on the side of the team. I do like certain players and I am a fan of certain players but I'm going to land on the side of the team like 95% of the time. I honestly have a hard time understanding why fans support players as often as they do, especially with the Cowboys. Jerry is notorious for being overly generous in terms of contracts all too often. It's not like the Cowboys are cheap, in terms of paying players IMO. TBH, I stopped being on the side of players once FA became such a big part of the NFL. You become a big fan of a player and the next year, they are in another uniform. I just can't get behind that so I'm going to support the team because I know they will be there next year. I guess that's just the way I see it. IDK

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
They know the front office is weak, so of course what agent wouldn't exploit that?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I'm surprised you posted this PJ because a great many did object to those contracts, especially Tony's. In the Case of Troy, you have to remember that Aikman signed a record deal in 93, I believe. However, it was not till 94 that the hard cap was implemented in the NFL. Add to that the fact that Troy had a Super Bowl under his belt so it was viewed in a very different light. Most fans really didn't understand what the cap really meant then. We would eventually find out the hard way, no talent, years of losing, no draft picks and Dave Campo (God Bless him) years. Tony, that was different for sure. Lots of fans didn't want that deal and hated that contract.

Not with intense hatred towards Tony.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Not with intense hatred towards Tony.

I don't honestly think it was any different. Seriously, I was a MOD at that time and I remember handing out my share of infractions over that deal. Heck, there are posters on this board, to this day, who hate me for my stance on Tony.

:laugh:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So is dak’s management looking at the zeke and tank deals and how they handle it and planning to do the same. Will we see the front office standing their ground this time and pushing back.

zeke you could say was the best rb in the league.
Lawrence you could make a case for top 3 at his position.
But dak? Not close at this point. And to want $40 million. $5 million more per year than any other qb is ridiculous.
You and I have no idea that Dak expects $40 million, and even so, the guaranteed money is the real key.

Reactions: G2