Players Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2019

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Eastern Michigan defensive lineman Maxx Crosby is visiting the Cowboys today at The Star. Since he went to high school locally he does not count against the team's national visitors. Crosby had 7.5 sacks and 19 tackles for loss last season. The unofficial final count of national visitors is 27 out of 30.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Eastern Michigan defensive lineman Maxx Crosby is visiting the Cowboys today at The Star. Since he went to high school locally he does not count against the team's national visitors. Crosby had 7.5 sacks and 19 tackles for loss last season. The unofficial final count of national visitors is 27 out of 30.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

He’s an interesting late round prospect but he needs a ton of work on his body. He looks like a TE playing DE and a thin one at that. That said, he’s got athletic ability so there may be something there.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Justin Layne 6'2" 192 Michigan State
Lonnie Johnson 6'2" 213 Kentucky
Isaiah Johnson 6'3" 208 Houston
JoeJuan Williams 6'3" 211 Vanderbilt
Amani Oruwariye 6'2" 205 Penn State
Derrek Thomas 6'3" 190 Baylor
Chris Westry 6'4" 200 Kentucky

Long corners capable of playing press and quarters & Cover 3.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Thank you Captain Obvious.

Justin Layne 6'2" 192 Michigan State
Lonnie Johnson 6'2" 213 Kentucky
Isaiah Johnson 6'3" 208 Houston
JoeJuan Williams 6'3" 211 Vanderbilt
Amani Oruwariye 6'2" 205 Penn State
Derrek Thomas 6'3" 190 Baylor
Chris Westry 6'4" 200 Kentucky

Long corners capable of playing press and quarters & Cover 3.

There's a pretty decent amount of bigger corners this year in later rounds. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see a guy with one of 4ths, maaaybe a 3rd if we don't go S in round 2. Anthony Brown and BJ both on deck for FA next year. We also need to round out the roster, I think random guy Goodwin is our 5th CB. When everyones playing 3 CBs the majority of the time nowadays, depth is valuable.

Olumba is also still on the PS. 6'2, long, aggressive, feisty in press, looks like he could be Richard Sherman's twin brother. It's almost uncanny. Came from Portland State so he's raw. Anyway, he showed a little promise last year, but he's still just a dude.

Some interesting guys in this draft. We'll probably take one, kinda sucks though since CB is like WR nowadays with 3 on the field so often, and they're usually expensive, so they get snatched up in middle rounds fairly quickly even by teams just shrugging and forcing it.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Poor man's TJ Watt.

He'll go Day 2, but I like him as a Day 3 guy.

I don’t know what to think of him. Glad to see he tested well, but when you watch him rush he lines up so wide I don’t how that translates at the next level. I don’t really see burst and bend so I don’t see him as a top 100 pick.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I hope we part ways with Richard. I wanted to like him but watching a talent like Jourdan Lewis go wasted because his coach has a fetish for only one type of player is inexcusable. A good coach makes the most of the talent given him.
The problem with Richard is that when he leaves, you are stuck with his prototypes and the next guy has to work with that.

morasp

Reaction score
I hope we part ways with Richard. I wanted to like him but watching a talent like Jourdan Lewis go wasted because his coach has a fetish for only one type of player is inexcusable. A good coach makes the most of the talent given him.
Couldn't agree more. Ronde Barber was only 5'10" but he seemed to do OK.

morasp

Reaction score
The problem with Richard is that when he leaves, you are stuck with his prototypes and the next guy has to work with that.
And he's made no secret of the fact that as soon as he gets the right HC offer he's gone. Some felt that his HC interviews during the week before the Rams playoff game had something to do with one of our worst defensive efforts of the season.

RS12

Reaction score
7. Jaylon Ferguson, Louisiana Tech
26 OF 32

1. a54335dbcaa99b2eac0f7f3332d10497_crop_exact.jpg

Don Juan Moore/Getty Images
    STRENGTHS

—Incredibly productive pass-rusher who set the FBS record for sacks in a career (45); NFL-ready as a defensive end or outside linebacker.

—Loose lower body with sound mechanics; uses his length well and has power and twitch in his game. Has enough quickness to cross the face of offensive tackles.

—Sheds and overpowers blockers with his hand strength; will shed blockers with his swipe and swat moves; will shoot his hands and knock linemen off their marks.

—Can convert speed to power and has excellent countermoves.

—Leans and bends off the edge.

WEAKNESSES

—Was banned from the combine after the NFL learned he was arrested after being involved in a fight at a McDonald's restaurant when he was 18 years old.

—Doesn't always play at full speed and can too often take plays off when the ball goes away from him; at times only looks interested in sack production.

—Can get stuck on blocks too easily and often beat up lower levels of competition.

—Looked heavier in 2018, and scouts were worried it affected his speed and flexibility.

OVERALL

Jaylon Ferguson is a high-level producer with few flaws in his game, but teams need to be convinced he can perform at the same level against NFL competition. He has the traits and stats to convince teams that he could be worth a first-round selection, but his struggles to get off blocks and half-speed motor at times must be vetted.

GRADE: 6.95 (ROUND 2 — FUTURE STARTER)

PRO COMPARISON: Justin Houston
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...0-ranking-the-drafts-top-edge-rushers#slide26

Rockdoc

Reaction score
2nd or 3rd round (this year) the cowboys will shock and take an injured player or someone with baggage.