Players Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2019

Xavier187

Reaction score
I dont see Ferguson as the pick.

Think Byron Jones and Anthony Brown(Scrub)
FA at the end of this year.
Heath is better suited as a STer.
Wood and Iloka iffy.
You need a FS or a SS.
And you need a CB or two one in the top 4 rounds and 1 project for Kris Richard

Gaede

Reaction score
Man, you guys are irrational haters.

Ferguson had a bad pro day. Does that mean he's not a good player? It's weird how people will criticize high-potential picks like Byron Jones or Vander Esch yet not accept anything other than elite athletic traits. Even at pick 58

Ideally, yeah, you want a prospect with measurables and production. But how can you turn your nose up at 45 sacks and 17 in year?

I know everyone has their sights set on Thornhill and won't entertain any other possibilities. But when has the draft ever turned out how you wanted?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Ferguson had a bad pro day. Does that mean he's not a good player? It's weird how people will criticize high-potential picks like Byron Jones or Vander Esch yet not accept anything other than elite athletic traits. Even at pick 58

Ideally, yeah, you want a prospect with measurables and production. But how can you turn your nose up at 45 sacks and 17 in year?

I know everyone has their sights set on Thornhill and won't entertain any other possibilities. But when has the draft ever turned out how you wanted?

Look at the Top 3 college sack leaders of all-time. Let me know which one had even a middling NFL career. Sacks aren’t a guaranteed predictor of future NFL success.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Look at the Top 3 college sack leaders of all-time. Let me know which one had even a middling NFL career. Sacks aren’t a guaranteed predictor of future NFL success.

Michael Sam comes to mind. Dominated the SEC, hardly did anything in the NFL. Just not athletic enough.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
We're close to the end of the process, and I'm starting to get really bad vibes that Jaylon Ferguson is going to be the pick. He doesn't seem like a Cowboys pick since a small-schooler with terrible measurables, but if you look at our board, he's about the only non-DB second round guy we have brought in.

Also, got looking over the Cowboys pre-draft visit list, and I came across a Tony Pollard who I've never seen before. Seems like an interesting player. He split time between WR and RB, and the scouting reports say that he's not really a natural at either, but he can both run and catch and is very, very good at returning kicks. Dude's got NFL-level measurables across the board. Seems like a fun guy to have behind Zeke.

Between him and Jalen Hurd (more talented but similar kind of player), I wonder if we have a specific plan in mind for these tweeners.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Plays like Tarzan, looks like Jane is better than the opposite.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

He broke Terrell Suggs' sack record at Louisiana Tech. I think that guy turned out pretty well.

Gaede

Reaction score
I agree. It's not a predictor.

But it matters. And the opinions around here aren't taking his production into account

Killerinstinct

Reaction score

Gaede

Reaction score
College production is precisely what that list is showing.

Sure. But there are some people totally discounting his production. As if all that makes a prospect are the measurables. Production matters even if the three players you've chosen didn't succeed.