Players Dallas has shown interest in

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
At 6'8", 275, he might be O Line material.

That's 275 with basketball weight training and conditioning. He could easily get closer to 300 lbs.

He has not played organized football since age 14. Tight end sounds like an easier route than trying to develop the toughness for OT.

slick325

Reaction score
Yes, just like Antonio Gates. We are so clever.

Thanks Alexander. I also noticed that Chris in Arizona mentioned his height and weight and the thought he could be an OT prospect.

Major project either way...

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Jermey Parnell was listed at 6'8" 245 his last year on Ole Miss basketball team.
http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/parnell_jermey00.html

He had one year of eligibility left for football (5 years running clock from when you first enroll in college). He played DE for the Rebsl despite not playing football since the 8th grade. He bounced around the Saints and Dolphins practice squad where he was tried at DE, DT, TE, and OL. He now weighs around 315 lbs.

275 is massive on a basketball player. College basketball players are conditioned like crazy; guys like Robert Traylor and Glenn Davis were notoriously lazy so they are the exception, not the rule. Gathers isn't fat either. I'm thinking DE or OT.
rico-gathers-big-dude-640.jpg

RS12

Reaction score
Per CBS Sports, Mills is the 84th overall prospect and third-rated safety in the draft. Here's what draft analyst Dane Brugler had to say about his strengths:

"Agile feet with the recovery quickness to make-up false steps. Trusts his speed, bursting out of his stance to accelerate and close gaps. Swivel hips and fluid change ofdirections skills.

Collects his footwork and stays balanced in his transition. Locates the ball in the deep half of the field and quickly gains correct body position. Improved route recognition with a good feel in space - knack for running routes better than receivers. Strong hands to contend passes at the catch point. Verbose team leader and accepted his expanded role as a senior.

Four-year starter with versatile starting experience at cornerback, safety and nickel - also experienced as a gunner on special teams. Reliable work habits and pushed himself to return in only eight weeks following his Aug. 2015 leg injury."

Mills is projected to go in the third round of the draft. That might be the perfect spot for the Cowboys to select him with the No. 67 overall pick.

http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Jalen-Mills-has-private-workout-with-Dallas-Cowboys-44916621

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm super concerned that passing on Elliot would be an horrible idea. You just don't often see a RB prospect with his talent and expected longevity.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My football low point. What I believe is a franchise caliber elite QB prospect and he's heading to Philadelphia. Meanwhile we have a cripple and we'll probably use a draft pick on a waste of space.

Then we get to watch the post draft presser and the audacity of these guys to act like experts.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I'm super concerned that passing on Elliot would be an horrible idea. You just don't often see a RB prospect with his talent and expected longevity.

I have no doubt Zeke will be a star,we just have to make sure we passed on him for a better player.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My football low point. What I believe is a franchise caliber elite QB prospect and he's heading to Philadelphia. Meanwhile we have a cripple and we'll probably use a draft pick on a waste of space.

Then we get to watch the post draft presser and the audacity of these guys to act like experts.

Which one? Neither Goff nor Wentz is as good as a prospect of either of the guys last year. Give me a kid like Hackenberg under Romo's wing and see what he can do.

jnday

Reaction score
Which one? Neither Goff nor Wentz is as good as a prospect of either of the guys last year. Give me a kid like Hackenberg under Romo's wing and see what he can do.
I have read many quotes from scouts that says otherwise. These two QBs was rated as high or higher by many teams.