Players Dallas has shown interest in

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
With the 189th pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select Rodney Coe, DT, Akron.

And the glee begins in the War Room:

e8i2GMW.jpg

671 Likes have been deducted form your account. Tread lightly.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
April 9th, 2016 at 7:37pm CST by Dallas Robinson
Maryland corner Sean Davis is attracting a ton of interest around the league, according to Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post, who writes that Davis has met or will meet with 16 clubs, including the Texans, Cowboys, Saints, Cardinals, Dolphins, Lions, Browns, Colts, Seahawks, Ravens, Washington, Raiders, 49ers, Steelers, Bengals, Bills, and Titans he is 6-1 201 about 4.44 in 40
vite: Yes
Height: 6010
Weight: 201
40 Yrd Dash: 4.46
20 Yrd Dash: 2.60
10 Yrd Dash: 1.56 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 21
Vertical Jump: 37 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'06"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 3.97
3-Cone Drill: 6.64 Dates: 03/30/16
Height: 6010
Weight: 201
40 Yrd Dash:
20 Yrd Dash:
10 Yrd Dash: 225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump:
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:
Data Scout Notes: 2015: NAC/HMM...2014: NAC...2013: NAC/NAM...2012: NA
Sean Davis/Maryland football Videos
*Automated search based on player first/last name, college team name, football, 3 loading panels, click video to view in full size on this page, watch or fast forward one full video, or open player with red arrow to choose more cuts at the bottom of the big video screen. Click "I'm done watching this" blue link at the top of video to close screen. If available/HQ changes video quality.
Draft Scout Sean Davis News
12/03/15
- 2015 ALL-BIG TEN HONORABLE MENTION (MEDIA): Sean Davis...Davis transitioned smoothly from safety to cornerback in 2015, leading the Terps with 70 solo tackles and finishing with 88 overall. His five forced fumbles were the second-most in Maryland single-season history and rank second nationally, and he ranks third in the Big Ten with 5.8 solo tackles/g. He became the first Maryland player to record 200 career solo tackles since current NFL star D’Qwell Jackson in 2005. - Maryland Football
08/14/15 - A couple weeks after Maryland’s Will Likely declared he was the best cornerback in the Big Ten, fellow defensive back Sean Davis took that statement one step further earlier this week. “I feel like we have the best corner duo out there,” Davis said. Davis wouldn’t have been able to make that statement a year ago, when he was manning his post as a safety. He nearly left school after his junior season to declare for the NFL draft, but Davis elected to return to Maryland and play cornerback for his senior season, which opened in earnest with this week’s preseason camp. That Davis was even thinking about entering the draft underscores his talent and productivity over the past three years: He has posted 217 tackles in the past two seasons, including 115 last year, which led the Big Ten for defensive backs. But now comes a new challenge for the former Maret star, and it began to unfold late last season as Maryland’s secondary dealt with injuries.Davis played cornerback in two games a year ago, and as the unit transitioned to the new 4-3 scheme beginning in February, Maryland Coach Randy Edsall decided to move Davis to the boundary cornerback position full-time. Along with Likely, the move is aimed at giving Maryland an additional shut-down corner and allowing room for the return of senior safety A.J. Hendy, who was suspended all of last season. It didn’t come without growing pains, Davis explained earlier this week. He used the spring “to figure what I was good at, what I was bad at, to work on my weaknesses.” “Learning the defense from the side of the field as a boundary corner, learning what the free safety does, what the will linebacker does,” Davis said of his progression. “I’m not too worried about physical aspect of the game.” - Roman Stubbs, Washington Post
09/10/12 - Safety Sean Davis was burned on a 62-yard touchdown pass, and made a poor play on a key third down when he was out of position to make a tackle with the Terrapins blitzing from the corner. Maryland coaches are hoping Matt Robinson (shoulder) will be available soon to allow the true freshman a lesser role and more time to learn. - The Sports Xchange

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Would be a great story as well.

Played at Oklahoma, like his dad. Plays for Cowboys, like his dad.

Forgot about his father. IIRC he was one of the loveable losers in Coach Johnson's first year. He passed away young also.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Shepard's a slot guy. The Cowboys need outside the numbers wideouts.

Why do people keep telling this false narrative? I looked at scouting reports saying the same about O'Dell Beckham. if you're not 6'1 you're automatically a slot guy these days. Smh

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I've been thinking Romo's heir apparent would be Wentz but with the Rams getting the first pick, that thought has been ruined. It's obvious to me the Rams will pick Goff and then Wentz will be selected by the Browns. I actually feel bad for the guy. Paxton Lynch is the next best QB prospect but I'm thinking other players are more coveted by the Cowboys. So the biggest potential problem the Cowboys could have is still not going to be solved this year. I've been a Romo guy since his rookie season but we must face facts. Injuries and age takes a toll on every athlete. Romo is no exception. I'm not comfortable relying on him anymore, last season was just too traumatic of a price to pay for losing one guy. The system needs to be fixed in the long term, the position needs to be fixed in the short term. Drafting Wentz would have done that.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do people keep telling this false narrative? I looked at scouting reports saying the same about O'Dell Beckham. if you're not 6'1 you're automatically a slot guy these days. Smh

Because I'm a Sooners fan who has watched him his whole career. His natural position in the NFL is in the slot.