Twitter: Players did not fear Garrett

Buzzbait

Reaction score
My mistake.
I just do not buy into fear with todays athletes, they have options out there and they know it.
What I would like to see is Jerry giving full backing to McCarthy when it comes to player especially these player who manage to get themselves suspended every single year. If a players action off the field is putting this team in a bad situation then allow McCarthy to make the call of getting that player out of here.

If not fear, I do believe some coaches command more respect and attention than others. IMO Garrett commanded none of the above.
The players liked him because he's a likeable guy, I think he wanted to be the player's friend. But "likeable" wasn't enough when things got tough, like the Atlanta game when swinging gate Chaz Green got Dak sacked 6 times before their likeable coach decided to do anything about it.
I mean "stupid" overshadows likeable when it costs you games.

dwreck27

Reaction score
If this is what really went on, I’m not sure how a coach (any coach) can succeed in that environment.
I’m assuming jerry might take a step back and just let MM do his thing

old man knows he’s not long on this earth... this group of players led by Dak, cooper, zeke, Martin etc is probably his last window he might be around for

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
th
He looks like Santa