Twitter: Players did not fear Garrett

Zman5

Reaction score
Dayum I must be real old - I go back to Bruno Sammartino and Chief Jay Strongbow.

Ivan "the polish hammer" Putsky was my favorite from that era. This brings back lots a memories. Tony Garea, Haystacks Calhoun, Dominic Denucci, Mr. Fuji and Tanaka, etc.. etc.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
how pathetic. he will always be remembered as the loser guy who begged for his job back.

He was addicted to that millionaire's paycheck. The guy was like Teflon for years. No matter what went wrong, it was someone else's fault. But it finally caught up with him. Jerry couldn't turn his back and look the other way any longer.

lockster

Reaction score
He was addicted to that millionaire's paycheck. The guy was like Teflon for years. No matter what went wrong, it was someone else's fault. But it finally caught up with him. Jerry couldn't turn his back and look the other way any longer.
As much as Garrett sucked at football, he should be a financial adviser on wallstreet because he made millions of Jerry's dollars for such bad results. :). I think Garrett was a great strategist on this point. He probably had a Jerry and Stephen voodoo doll in his house. Lol. Or office drawers. Wouldn't you like to be Garrett right now. He's in the top one percent of wealthy ppl. For such a pathetic job. He's got to be laughing with his wife and kids right now and thinking, who's the next sucker?

Hayseed

Reaction score
Ivan "the polish hammer" Putsky was my favorite from that era. This brings back lots a memories. Tony Garea, Haystacks Calhoun, Dominic Denucci, Mr. Fuji and Tanaka, etc.. etc.
The Claw.......Baron Von Raschke !

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
This is the offseason drama that I thrive in. Just what I was looking for.

Told you guys before that this locker room was in shambles for various reasons. No fear, no accountability, no fear of punishment for lack of effort etc.

You should be switching teams, Dak is here to stay and lead.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is more pathetic? An owner that meddles and enables players to be entitled brats? Or a HC that lets himself be undermined like this and doesn’t have enough balls to deal with this issue?

hqdefault.jpg

'Both!'

glimmerman

Reaction score
This is the offseason drama that I thrive in. Just what I was looking for.

Told you guys before that this locker room was in shambles for various reasons. No fear, no accountability, no fear of punishment for lack of effort etc.
Me too. I can’t wait to hear more stories that actually happened in the locker room.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
JG is gone. Now the pressure is on MM. My hope is that he doesnt make me miss JG.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not defending Garrett, he’s not a good coach. But Jerry set him up for failure by neutering him.

It was certainly two wrongs not making a right. Garrett was a good guy that tried to make things work, but he was also a guy that didn't like confrontation. So when push came to shove, he let things like this slide, and erode at the head coach's authority and respect. Things finally reached the point where the coach without those things got tuned out by everyone and we got a season like this one. And an incredible wasted opportunity in a season where this whole Super Bowl is wide open.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As much as Garrett sucked at football, he should be a financial adviser on wallstreet because he made millions of Jerry's dollars for such bad results. :). I think Garrett was a great strategist on this point. He probably had a Jerry and Stephen voodoo doll in his house. Lol. Or office drawers. Wouldn't you like to be Garrett right now. He's in the top one percent of wealthy ppl. For such a pathetic job. He's got to be laughing with his wife and kids right now and thinking, who's the next sucker?

Garrett has always been a good talker. He's well versed in knowing what to say, he just doesn't actually know what to do. But I've seen many cases where a smooth talker is able to talk their way up the ranks while not actually producing anything. Management gets fooled by the presentation and distracted from the actual lack of results. And Garrett getting over a decade here is a classic example of it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why not report it when it happened?

Because Slater had a soft spit for Jason Garrett the person and likely didn't want to do anything to potentially make things look worse with the Cowboys. Despite the obvious struggles and losses this year, she continued to defend him and keep alive the possibility that Garrett could return. It's clear that she likes him as a person. From what I've seen, several reports have alluded to reports of Dysfunction within the coaching staff but kept things under wraps until Garrett's fate was decided. That was doing him a favor.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
In todays football only players who may have fear are those who lack the talent and have to look over their shoulder knowing they can easily be replaced. Todays NFL player he gets into a beef with a coach he has more ability to get out off the team via FA and in some cases player has more power than the coach, Ted Thompson saw Rodgers and McCarthy having a fall out and it was McCarthy sent packing. You think Rodger feared McCarthy? lol In too many cases teams have more invested in the player than the coach and players know it.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Because Slater had a soft spit for Jason Garrett the person and likely didn't want to do anything to potentially make things look worse with the Cowboys. Despite the obvious struggles and losses this year, she continued to defend him and keep alive the possibility that Garrett could return. It's clear that she likes him as a person. From what I've seen, several reports have alluded to reports of Dysfunction within the coaching staff but kept things under wraps until Garrett's fate was decided. That was doing him a favor.
Completely hypocritical.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
It was certainly two wrongs not making a right. Garrett was a good guy that tried to make things work, but he was also a guy that didn't like confrontation. So when push came to shove, he let things like this slide, and erode at the head coach's authority and respect. Things finally reached the point where the coach without those things got tuned out by everyone and we got a season like this one. And an incredible wasted opportunity in a season where this whole Super Bowl is wide open.

That's a pretty succinct and accurate summary