Twitter: Players did not fear Garrett

Dre11

Reaction score
Nah youre just a loser that isnt good at collecting trash in offices. Im sure youre a janitor. If youre good at your job you have options whether youre fired or not. Wouldnt expect someone like you to understand that though.

I'm sure you shovel s in a stable, You definitely come across as that type ..lol

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
At some point, we need to stop talking about Garrett in the present tense.

I don't think that is healthy.

The Garrett regime was not like the Campo years where you can just wave bye-bye as the turd circles the bowl with a clean flush.

This was a decade. In NFL time, that is a long long time. That means the whole building's culture needs an enema.

In this comparison, in this case there is that little greasy stain plus some remnants that stick to the bowl.

The real problem is what you do about it. Do you let it sit there and hope the future flushes take care of it?

My thing is whether or not the Joneses are going to back off at least to the degree they did under Parcells. That would be a victory.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I'm sure you shovel s in a stable, You definitely come across as that type ..lol
Yea dodge the topic. What kinda goof basically says garrett had to deal with whatever jerry wanted, yet at the same time say hes a good coach. Yall be on here playin too much but im here for the bs. Funny to me

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
" jerry told me not to listen "

Jerry will hold back McCarthy as well

Yeah well Jerry didn't respect JG as a football coach either. McCarthy is an entirely different animal in that Jerry already respects him enough as a coach to let him hire his own staff. Only Jimmy johnson and Bill Parcels have had this kind of authority and I gotta believe McCarthy is going to get a shot to reshape this roster to his liking as well. Whatever McCarthy was selling at that interview, Jerry has bought it and is now on the Mike McCarthy plan.

Proximo

Reaction score
It’s like you wanted this more than wins. Scary to think

There was a time, before social media, before the Internet, before smart phones, when being a football fan was mostly about actually watching football games.

Now we have fans who proudly declare that “this is the offseason drama that they thrive in”, and “just what they were looking for”.
Good lord.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
it was reported jason wanted to challenge mike for the job. oh yeah, you remember your rule jason, were going with the guy with the winning hand. get the freak out of town loser guy.

Plankton

Reaction score
Not happening. McCarthy will Bundy splash him and then demand a 5 count.

giphy.gif

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
This is the offseason drama that I thrive in. Just what I was looking for.

Told you guys before that this locker room was in shambles for various reasons. No fear, no accountability, no fear of punishment for lack of effort etc.

That's because Garrett is nothing more than a wimp. He rode the coattails of his family name to land him the coaching job and Jerry simply obliged. From all the talk about dissent from the players and coaches with differences of opinion, he simply ignored it and swept it under the rug. Then he had the audacity to lie to us, make believe that everything was rosy and some BS speech about "process."

Screw that ***hole. He can take his *** out of Dallas once and for all.

Last edited:

Hayseed

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty cool when Rowdy Roddy Piper shaved that little midget that looked like Mr T's head! LOL In all seriousness though,... Piper was one tuff ** in real life. no doubt about it.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
this isnt pre-school-college these are millionaire adult men with locked down contracts and they dont have much to fear..

it sure didnt seem like around the league guys like AB Bell Ben etc feared Tomlinson , TO he did his own thing. hundreds of stars around the league do not fear..they dont have much that can be taken away, they are the best the team has so they will get back on the filed etc

Now respect amongst other things are important to keep players attention

but like I sated this isnt the league where players fear getting benched or demoted or worse kicked off the team.. that was gone once they signed their big deals..

lots of locker rooms on struggling teams you hear the coach lost his players..its not just garett..

these attempts to somehow think the players all of a sudden fall in line now that hes gone is unrealistic.. its this simple MM will have the players attention to teach them his systems and get it going but bet your bottom dollar that 3 years from now if this doesnt go anywhere and this will start all over a again.

losing breeds negativity and its happens in all places..

You touched on a subject that absolutely needs to be rectified at the team and league level. Your examples of Bell and AB are spot on. Coaches and owners need to start suspending these players for conduct detrimental to the team. On a league level, if I were the owners, I would demand that pro-rated portions of their signing bonuses added to loss for such suspensions.

The players don't fear because they've been paid. "You can't take the bonus money you paid me, I can dictate where I want to be by my behavior, so ****you". That needs an immediate correction, IMHO.

At the Dallas Cowboys level, Jerry needs to put a big neon sign on his front door that says "Direct your problems to your coach". End of story. I'm not a Jason Garrett fan by any stretch of the imagination but there is absolutely NO WAY that a coach can succeed under those conditions. Those dumb enough to pin the failings of this franchise on the coaching staff are absolutely blind. Garrett's was HC for 10 years. This ineptitude is on a 25 year run. And it's ALL because Jerry Jones can't keep stand to not inject himself and his ego into the equation.

I laugh at the posters that say Jason should have kept his dignity by telling Jones to shove it when half of them would probably sell out their co-workers or camp out under their bosses desk with a pair of knee pads for a 50% raise. This was a job worth MILLIONS a year and you're going to basically quit for the sake of your integrity. Sell that **** somewhere else because you're full of it. Again, I'm not a Garrett fan but when your boss undermines you at every turn to a group of men that he's asking you to lead, you'll fail. 100% of the time you're going to fail. Just like every single coach since Johnson.

Jerry likes to say that the buck stops with him. That the fans deserve better and he'll take the blame. Well Jerry, I have a proposal. Let's see if the buck truly stops with you. Let's put the two things that you love most on the line: Your ego and your money. Give a refund to fans that pay for your overpriced experience when you put out a turd product. Not a full refund, mind you but let's say you put a 6-10 product on the field. You willing to give back 50% of their receipts? If not the your bull**** rhetoric is just that. Make a deal with the people that have stuffed your pockets for the last 25 years of ineptitude. The stench of which can be traced directly back to your office. Otherwise your message is as empty as the trophy case from the last quarter of a century.