***Players of interest to the Cowboys***

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
TheRomoSexual;5030488 said:
Oh for crying out loud. They are doing their due diligence with regard to mid-round prospects, and landing a speed receiver in the mid-rounds would be fantastic.

I agree. They are likely to draft a WR and RB anytime after rd 3.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
jobberone;5030493 said:
I agree. They are likely to draft a WR and RB anytime after rd 3.

Their workout list is telling IMO. They are working out first and second round OLine/safety prospects, and mid-round LB and WR prospects. Works for me.

jnday

Reaction score
TheRomoSexual;5030488 said:
Oh for crying out loud. They are doing their due diligence with regard to mid-round prospects, and landing a speed receiver in the mid-rounds would be fantastic.

It's my opinion. Deal with it. I think they are set at WR and don't need to spend a draft pick on the position.

RS12

Reaction score
TheRomoSexual;5030499 said:
Their workout list is telling IMO. They are working out first and second round OLine/safety prospects, and mid-round LB and WR prospects. Works for me.

Terrence Williams isnt a mid round pick. Would not be shocked at with a skill pick rounds 2 or 3, JMO. Most likely TE.

jnday

Reaction score
RS12;5030525 said:
Terrence Williams isnt a mid round pick. Would not be shocked at with a skill pick rounds 2 or 3, JMO. Most likely TE.

Most sites that I have checked had him as a second rd prospect. That would be foolish to spend a second on a WR.

Reaction score
jnday;5030551 said:
Most sites that I have checked had him as a second rd prospect. That would be foolish to spend a second on a WR.

Not if they can re-tool the O-line. Moore/Slauson and/or another linemen early in the draft and I'm fine with a WR. Especially If it's BPA.

jnday

Reaction score
Ultimategamer5567;5030584 said:
Not if they can re-tool the O-line. Moore/Slauson and/or another linemen early in the draft and I'm fine with a WR. Especially If it's BPA.

I see your point. I don't care for the free agent fix for the line. I would like them to try to build a solid line through the draft. The free agent route doesn't offer much value. This year I see the WR position as being in very good shape. It is the deepest position on the team for a change. If the long term plan was for drafting a WR to replace Miles, I would be open to that type of move. At least it would open up much needed cap room. As it stands, some positions don't even have a starter. Safety and SLB needs starters now.

Reaction score
jnday;5030597 said:
I see your point. I don't care for the free agent fix for the line. I would like them to try to build a solid line through the draft. The free agent route doesn't offer much value. This year I see the WR position as being in very good shape. It is the deepest position on the team for a change. If the long term plan was for drafting a WR to replace Miles, I would be open to that type of move. At least it would open up much needed cap room. As it stands, some positions don't even have a starter. Safety and SLB needs starters now.
I like that they have three good WRs in Dez, Miles and Harris, but if Dez or Miles get hurt, like in past seasons? I have hope for Harris to become an outside threat, but it's still an unknown. Beasley? Coale? I have hope, but not comfort about relying on them as depth. Bottom line is, the lines should be priority one and I would love to see a Warmack/Cooper/Fluker pick, I do feel that the two FA G's I mentioned previously have proven to be decent starters and wouldn't be a bad insurance plan, unlike the Livings/Bernadeau signings a year ago.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
jnday;5030597 said:

You make a valid point, but we need to consider that we should look to improve a position at any time. There's a good possibility that a decent WR might get pushed down to the mid rounds. any time you can improve the talent level on your team, you consider the possibility. As much as I want to improve both sides of the line, I will take an upgade at low cost if I can. If there's another Marques Colston out there in a late round, I want him.

RS12

Reaction score
Brandon George ‏@dmn_george 4m
#LSU safety Eric Reid will be one of 30 players the #Dallas #Cowboys bring in for a pre-draft visit in early April http://share.d-news.co/YM4mHq
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

RS12

Reaction score
Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 3m
Jon Cooper/G/North Carolina drawing heavy interest from Tennessee Titans & Dallas Cowboys..

RS12

Reaction score
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 6m
Cowboys will have a pre-draft visit with TCU WR Josh Boyce, a former high school teammate of RGIII

RS12

Reaction score
Eric Galko ‏@OptimumScouting 3m
EVERY NFL team was at the #UConn Pro Day today, except the Vikings, Commanders, and Cowboys. Bill Belichek the only HC in attendance.

RS12

Reaction score
View summary
Chris Steuber ‏@ChrisSteuber 17m
I'm told 31 #NFL teams are attending #USC Pro Day. The #Commanders are the only team not represented. #NFLDraft

RS12

Reaction score
Jonathan Cyprien of Florida International, rated as the second-best safety in the class by NFL Draft Scout, has scheduled visits with the Falcons, Panthers, Commanders, Cowboys, Dolphins, Jags, Cards, Titans, Browns, Niners, and Texans according to Pro Football Talk.

RS12

Reaction score
Chris Steuber ‏@ChrisSteuber 2h
I'm told all 32 #NFL teams attended #LSU Pro Day today. Sean Payton, Chip Kelly, Mike Tomlin & Mickey Loomis were among the attendees.

RS12

Reaction score
NFL Mocks Crew ‏@NFLMocks 2h
The #Cowboys worked out a pair of LSU players, S Eric Reid and DT Bennie Logan. Reid is a 1st rd option, Logan a 2nd or 3rd.

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
RS12;5033530 said:
NFL Mocks Crew ‏@NFLMocks 2h
The #Cowboys worked out a pair of LSU players, S Eric Reid and DT Bennie Logan. Reid is a 1st rd option, Logan a 2nd or 3rd.

I can't imagine we would take Eric Reid in the 1st round. Maybe, and I mean maybe if we traded deep back into the 1st like with SF. I think Dallas is just doing their due diligence with Reid. At least I hope that is all it is.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
SMU pro day. Players of interest: DE Margus Hunt, LB Ja’Gared Davis, LB Taylor Reed, RB Zach Line, WR Darius Johnson

The Cowboys had no position coaches in attendance for the workout but coordinator of college scouting Chris Hall, scout Sam Garza and pro scout Henry Sroka were in attendance.