***Players of interest to the Cowboys***

RS12

Reaction score
Joseph Randle ✔ @JRAN_1

@BlessedLA3 I'll be there on Tuesday for a visit with the Cowboys!
8:09 PM - 28 Mrz 13

Gaede

Reaction score
Hodges is a good player. I know we'd all kinda roll our eyes if we took a LB in the first 3 rounds, but he's a good player. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to him.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Gerald Hodges

Overview

A converted high school quarterback and successful wrestler (finished third in the state going 40-1 as a junior) from New Jersey, Hodges enrolled early and began his career at safety. He moved to linebacker during his true freshman season due to injuries there, playing in every game (three tackles). Hodges suffered a hairline fracture in his left leg after a hit on the opening kickoff against Alabama in 2010, missing four games. He consistently contributed after his return, starting one game and making 31 tackles, 2.5 for loss, on the year.

During the trials and tribulations of the Jerry Sandusky scandal in the 2011 season, Hodges led Penn State with 106 tackles and also had 10 tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks as a full-time starter and second-team All-Big Ten pick. As a senior in 2012, Hodges totaled 109 tackles (8.5 for loss), a sack, and two interceptions. For the second year in a row, Hodges earned a second-team All-Big Ten selection.

Read more:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/gerald-hodges?id=2539293

Gaede

Reaction score
I also read that he was one of the leaders keeping the locker room together--post-Sandusky.

RS12

Reaction score
With the draft three weeks away, the Cowboys are scheduled to meet with 28 national prospects, including offensive linemen Chance Warmack (Alabama), Jonathan Cooper (North Carolina), Jonathan Pugh (Syracuse) and Travis Frederick (Wisconsin), safeties Kenny Vaccaro (Texas), Jonathan Cyprien (Florida International) and Eric Reid (LSU) and defensive linemen Sheldon Richardson (Missouri) and Kawann Short (Purdue).

Among the other players visiting are Clemson receiver DeAndre Hopkins, Fresno State safety Phillip Thomas, running backs Knile Davis (Arkansas), Joseph Randle (Oklahoma State) and Le’Veon Bell (Michigan State) and defensive tackle Jordan Hill (Penn State).

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4707166/cowboys-visitors-from-need-positions

Names not mentioned before in bold. I guess they think Justin Pugh and Frederick will fit the scheme.

Travis Frederick - C - Badgers
Wisconsin OL Travis Frederick will visit the Cowboys.
Frederick played center and guard throughout his collegiate career, and the Cowboys could use an upgrade at each. We expect him to be a second day selection, along with a plethora of offensive linemen the team has been showing interest in.
Source: Mike Fisher on Twitter Apr 2 - 11:14 AM

Justin Pugh - T - Orange
Syracuse OL Justin Pugh will visit the Dallas Cowboys.
Pugh joins a growing list of offensive linemen who will visit the Cowboys, all of them projecting along the interior. Pugh played left tackle at Syracuse but many have started to rank him inside, either at guard or center, possibly due to short arms and agile feet.
Source: Mike Fisher on twitter Apr 2 - 10:44 AM

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Great to see Tavon Austin's picture on DallasCowboys.com as players of interest at #18.

He is an impact player on offense, kick-off return and punt return.

He will be a difference maker, .. I would love to get TA.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;5038859 said:
Great to see Tavon Austin's picture on DallasCowboys.com as players of interest at #18.

He is an impact player on offense, kick-off return and punt return.

He will be a difference maker, .. I would love to get TA.

I am confused by that picture, is Tavon visiting? I didn't see his name on be list.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
TheRomoSexual;5038942 said:
I am confused by that picture, is Tavon visiting? I didn't see his name on be list.

It surprised me to see his picture, because I didn't think that Dallas was looking at him at all.

They were one of only 3 NFL teams that didn't show up for WVU Pro Day.

Between Geno, Tavon, and Stedman Bailey, not to mention a few others, .. I thought we should have at least been there.

I don't have my hopes up about Tavon, but he is going to help some team, .. I wish it could be us.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I have added players speculated to be of interest to the Cowboys. This doesn't mean someone has them mocked to go to the Boys or someone thinks they will be a good fit. But if a decent source says the Cowboys are interested in a player then report it and I'll try to add it to the list.

Please, add any profiles of players of interest although be judicious about adding too many on one player. If something adds to the value of information about a player then add it here if you like.

I've also added players in the Dallas area who are supposed to be evaluated on 'Dallas Day'.

Gaede

Reaction score
Stepfan Taylor is amazing. He's one of my pet cats in this draft.

RS12

Reaction score
Here is a new one on me.

Player: Daniel Mendoza 6'0" 230 lbs. Kean University #13 FB.

Shaun-NFL Draft Zone ‏@ShaunDePasquale 32m
Dallas Cowboys & Oakland Raiders attended and were impressed with Mendoza. Times unofficial.
from Vernon, NY Reply Retweet Favorite More

Shaun-NFL Draft Zone ‏@ShaunDePasquale 33m
Kean FB Danny Mendoza had an outstanding Pro Day today. 5'11 237, ran 4.62, 23 reps, vert. 30", 4.3 shuttle, did great in position drills.
from Vernon, NY

RS12

Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 1m
“@NBCDFWAmanda: Rumor has it the #Cowboys brought Gio Bernard RB from UNC for a visit today. Gotta make @newyscruggs happy.” Nice info
View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More

RS12

Reaction score
Damond Talbot ‏@drocksthaparty 3m
Kyle Padron the QB of #EWU and #SMU will be at the Dallas Cowboys facility next week for a visit #DallasDay #NFLDraft
Expand

RS12

Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 1h
@hobbsgm16 Look at the OG that have visited. Long, Pugh, Cooper, might tell you something there. Warmack is different from those.

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 2h
“@joeo1s: @BryanBroaddus who was the down the line safety option the Cowboys brought in for Pre-Draft visit?” JJ Wilcox.