Twitter: Players speaking out on coaching "Totally unprepared, etc"

quickccc

Reaction score
Maybe MM doesn’t let Jaylon pull up to a jog behind a play

the play i'm seeing per Bob Strum is on the coverage on Hopkins .. than it is vs Jaylon.

Diggs was rubbed out of the play by a well designed rub route, and
the way our defense is aligned,.. no one is in position to switch over to get in front of the play ..

we basically have the kind of poor defensive scheme for teams to do whatever they most prefer against us. ..

kwcool619

Reaction score
This line of thinking that our problems in 2020 are the fault of Jason Garrett is beyond stupid.

Yes, Jason Garrett did not teach them how to win necessary games or how to tackle. That's our problem.
I guess we can agree to disagree.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
This is why I wanted to dip into the college ranks. The coaching staff, trainers, water boys, and parking lot attendants all needed to be purged from this team without a drop of the past. The only way to change the culture of this team is with a clean sweep and a coach who could bring his entire staff with him. Bring in Saban and his entire staff, bring in Dabo and his entire staff, bring in Mullen and his entire staff, bring in Kirby and his entire staff, and give whomever you hire complete control of football operations. I think McCarthy is a good coach, but this organization is well past being fixed by retreads and do overs. Any time I hear a player mention "terminology change" I cringe. This team doesn't need a terminology change but instead a full on Rosetta Stone crash course on a new language. I handled the 1-15 season with JJ because you could feel the deep internal change in the team. This team will be lucky to win 4 games this year and nothing is changing internally. Jerry and Son must hand the reigns to a fresh face that can take the team in a new direction and the only time either should be near the field is if there's a water leak or the Coke machine is out of order.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So what was your brilliant approach? Roll out Red and keep failing? I’m confused on the plan. We all agree the Jones family is part of the issue but trotting out bad coaches...then and now...doesn’t make anyone right

Right now, I’m reiterating the case that I made over and over and over again: coaching was not the issue in Dallas.

A disciplined process of drafting and developing good players and building a team around the trenches, a run-heavy playcalling mix on offense and a simplified defense was a reasonable model for building a team around. Limiting the chaos that Jerry brings as much as possible and keeping everything in-house with players who generally respected the staff. It made sense.

We all agreed we didn’t win enough. But the illusion of motion isn’t progress. As fans, at the very least we should be focused on the actual cause of the issue, because that way it’s more likely to be addressed eventually. Everybody fell for the tennis ball-head-fake of blaming the HC and then blaming the QB. It was obvious. It was dumb. We should know better at this point. I said so at the time. Guess what? The actual issue is still the actual issue in Dallas.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This is why I wanted to dip into the college ranks. The coaching staff, trainers, water boys, and parking lot attendants all needed to be purged from this team without a drop of the past. The only way to change the culture of this team is with a clean sweep and a coach who could bring his entire staff with him. Bring in Saban and his entire staff, bring in Dabo and his entire staff, bring in Mullen and his entire staff, bring in Kirby and his entire staff, and give whomever you hire complete control of football operations.

Djcw4oIXcAEeo66.jpg

No chance of that happening. Therein lies the problem.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

Yes lets blame the coaches on this

God I hope McCarthy cleans out this locker room

I can’t fault Knight on that play. He does not have eyes behind his head. We don’t even know the play call or when the ball was supposed to be thrown. The play broke down and Dalton ended up going to Zeke. Knight had no reason to know that.

Asklesko

Reaction score
People, two things can be equally true:

1) It was time for the Garrett regime to end; and
2) McCarthy & Co. look woefully unprepared

The reality of #2 doesn’t make #1 untrue.

It was time for Garrett to go, three years ago, not during the year of a pandemic. Guarantee if Garrett were here, we'd be winning a lot more games.

Plankton

Reaction score
The Cowboys truly are America's Team.

After all, what this country has become is one that is completely unwilling to be accountable or accept responsibility for what is happening in their lives.

That's the state of this team. And it all starts in the owner's suite.

Praxit

Reaction score
....oh oh, trouble down in Big D. Zeke says, "He's Sorry though".

stilltheguru

Reaction score
We both know your boy wont be a HC next year either. What does that say about him?
Right now, I’m reiterating the case that I made over and over and over again: coaching was not the issue in Dallas.

A disciplined process of drafting and developing good players and building a team around the trenches, a run-heavy playcalling mix on offense and a simplified defense was a reasonable model for building a team around. Limiting the chaos that Jerry brings as much as possible and keeping everything in-house with players who generally respected the staff. It made sense.

We all agreed we didn’t win enough. But the illusion of motion isn’t progress. As fans, at the very least we should be focused on the actual cause of the issue, because that way it’s more likely to be addressed eventually. Everybody fell for the tennis ball-head-fake of blaming the HC and then blaming the QB. It was obvious. It was dumb. We should know better at this point. I said so at the time. Guess what? The actual issue is still the actual issue in Dallas.

Redline360

Reaction score
I can’t fault Knight on that play. He does not have eyes behind his head. We don’t even know the play call or when the ball was supposed to be thrown. The play broke down and Dalton ended up going to Zeke. Knight had no reason to know that.

You finish until the play is over. No excuses in professional sports. If the play breaks down shouldnt you play even harder as it's anyone's guess on whats going to happen? Pick up your assignment until the play is dead or blown dead