Twitter: Players speaking out on coaching "Totally unprepared, etc"

erod

Reaction score
I think nolan maybe looking at 1 more game and done. MM will get another year because of virus and injuries. He is a Offense style HC and his Offense was putting up points.

If he fires Nolan soon he may save his job. If not then you may be right.
He should be fired now for hiring Nolan in the first place.

This isn't a surprise. This is who Mike Nolan was forever.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Probably the Garrett Guys snitching because life isn't so easy like it used to be.

This is a dumb team...just shows you how bad things were under Garrett and Marinelli. They had a dumb team and instead of spending all those years teaching and developing, they ran a vanilla/pee-wee football scheme that may have looked better than this but still wasn't close to being good enough.

Now you're seeing players getting exposed for not knowing what to do on defense and constantly out of position. It's like in the office, you may have a department that constantly got by doing just the bare minimum every day for years. Clock in, clock out, put in your hours, and go home. Well now that there's a new boss who actually demands you to be good at your job, your work isn't so easy anymore.
By players you mean Thompson and Woods...they are the ones that are leaving guys wide open. Woorley is another one that idk why we even name him a starter. I’m almost certain we may have a better option on the PS. McCarthy is used to riding Rodgers coattail

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Nick Saban failed because he picked Daunte Culpepper over Drew Brees. He goes the other way, and he never goes back to college.
He's always insisted that was the Dolphins medical staff's decision.

(to rule out Brees).

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
He should be fired now for hiring Nolan in the first place.

This isn't a surprise. This is who Mike Nolan was forever.
If I was MM I would not have hired him as a favor. And that’s what it was, a favor. Our D coach from last year Eburus or some one like that left and went to the colts and has a good defense going. MM should take responsibility and fire him now. Go back to even a predictable 4-3 and the players will be happy and give full effort.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You're falling for it.

McCarthy: "Zeke your benched."
Zeke will go immediately to Jerry's office.
Jerry will then summon McCarthy to his office.

McCarthy: "Okay Zeke, let's try to hold onto the ball buddy."

He admitted it starts with him and he has to do a better job coaching. It's impracticable to think he can start cutting players during the middle of the season. Let me ask you this then......do you he can cut 4-5 players today w/o Jerry or Stephen's approval? Just me, but doubt he has that kind of control ( like Payton, Reids, Carrolls) but he can control who plays, which I suggested he may start benching guys. In other words, no more Mr. Nice Guy. I guess I'm confused .......what are you expecting or wanna see happen.

Zordon

Reaction score
I do believe McCarthy may be looking at one-and-done.
Jerry is too cheap to do this. That's 20M+ he'd have to eat in order to get rid of this staff after one season. He's not doing that in this covid climate where NFL revenue is being slashed and Jerry's commercial real estate in Frisco is hurting too.

My3Sons

Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...Qt-tgieZD9mrG9efkj2JSKkTPJBntwV9PReGTQ1PsDj40

Players and coaches are all doing a really bad job.

McCarthy does suck as a head coach though.

He should've never been hired and should be fired immediately.

Jerry and the lucky sperm are in charge of the most valuable sports franchise in the world. So, why did they dust MM off out of the scrap, retread heap?

MM won one SB in GB where he had a Hall of Fame Qb the entire time. Not impressive at all. And the Mike Nolan hire was just stupid.

Seriously, *** is the Jones family doing???

75boyz

Reaction score
Urban Meyer was the innovative offensive mind and culture changer we needed.

He still is.

Urban Meyer will insist on naming his own GM, similar to how Pete Carroll did when he left USC for Seattle.

Nick Saban worked for and still meets with Bill Belichick regularly. After feeling he didn't have the control he needed in Miami, he will demand complete autonomy on personnel if he ever comes back to the NFL.

Something like that would be our only hope.

Dude,
It's a pleasure to read your posts in that I agree exactly with several of your opinions that you post. And this is another one. Like minds I guess.

Anyways, cheers man

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If I was MM I would not have hired him as a favor. And that’s what it was, a favor. Our D coach from last year Eburus or some one like that left and went to the colts and has a good defense going. MM should take responsibility and fire him now. Go back to even a predictable 4-3 and the players will be happy and give full effort.

Had he and Nolan coached together before coming here?

glimmerman

Reaction score
He admitted it starts with him and he has to do a better job coaching. It's impracticable to think he can start cutting players during the middle of the season. Let me ask you this then......do you he can cut 4-5 players today w/o Jerry or Stephen's approval? Just me, but doubt he has that kind of control ( like Payton, Reids, Carrolls) but he can control who plays, which I suggested he may start benching guys. In other words, no more Mr. Nice Guy. I guess I'm confused .......what are you expecting or wanna see happen.
Didn’t they pull Elliot for a series after one of those fumbles. I think he should have spent the rest of the game on the pine.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Dumb and dumber. It all goes back to them. All of it.

gwUpVgw.jpg
Secret sauce.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Unless the "unnamed player" is willing to put his name on it I have no interest in some punk weasel backstabbing the coaches anonymously. I mean you don't need a coach to tell you not to fumble.. nor do you need a coach to tell you not to let a wide receiver run right past you.. nor do you need a coach to tell you not to throw interception or miss tackles. and on and on. This season is pretty much over as it is so exposing any locker room cancers would be the only tangible benefit to this mess. Find out who is talking and get him out of town.
I dont know you but i hope you had the same energy for garrett and his leaking info on TO. Hes the biggest weasel coward there is. And if it wasnt him it was sacred cow Witten. Pick one. They started the new Cowboy way. Enjoy

Pentagruel

Reaction score
This is flying off the rails faster then I expected.

Obviously the players also bear responsibility for their pathetic effort on display, particularly against the cardinals, but at the end of the day, one of the key responsibilities of a head coach is to motivate and manage them effectively. In that regard, McCarthy and his staff are failing. Unfortunately if they don’t get the players on board they are all going to be gone soon enough. The biggest worry is that the problems aren’t certain parts of the squad but all across the team, from rookies who have never played for the cowboys before to veterans just brought in this year, to long time cowboys players who have performed better in the past. That tells me it’s an issue with the staff. The McCarthy hier is not looking like a successful one and I’d rather restart sooner then later.

Skillit

Reaction score
Jerry’s only answer here is to throw money at it.

Which means he will sign Dak to a contract that will prevent him from signing any elite players in FA that might actually change things here.

I like Dak—but if he wants top 3 money, you have to look elsewhere. Make a trade and get some picks.