Twitter: Players speaking out on coaching "Totally unprepared, etc"

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Right now, I’m reiterating the case that I made over and over and over again: coaching was not the issue in Dallas.

A disciplined process of drafting and developing good players and building a team around the trenches, a run-heavy playcalling mix on offense and a simplified defense was a reasonable model for building a team around. Limiting the chaos that Jerry brings as much as possible and keeping everything in-house with players who generally respected the staff. It made sense.

We all agreed we didn’t win enough. But the illusion of motion isn’t progress. As fans, at the very least we should be focused on the actual cause of the issue, because that way it’s more likely to be addressed eventually. Everybody fell for the tennis ball-head-fake of blaming the HC and then blaming the QB. It was obvious. It was dumb. We should know better at this point. I said so at the time. Guess what? The actual issue is still the actual issue in Dallas.

Listen this is well written...again...but I don’t believe it makes anyone right. I agree completely that the Jones family is a major problem and that problem will not go away snd there will be issues with all coaches. But the reality is that Garrett was a bad hire to start and didn’t have much experience to be named HC. They wanted family and that is what they got. He WAS part of the problem because we had a double whammy of meddling and bad coaching that got us nowhere for a decade. I can’t make heads or tails of McCarthy but I would like to see a regular off season and season with him. He may be a bad hire too where they again went for comfort. So while I agree that the management fails us often, part of it is bad coaches and keeping lazy players.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry stated something lately to the effect that he thinks it would be better if corrections were made from a position other than coming from behind in the standings to correct problems. Reading between the lines, it sounds to me like he might prefer to deal with this stuff in the offseason, rather than immediately. Whether this is true or not, of course, remains to be seen. Obviously, things are starting to percolate, from the looks of it. ;)

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We have 4-3 players and Nolan wants to do this hybrid crap and confuse opposing offenses with our line up. But no one knows who to cover or what gap to be in. I don’t think these players liked it from the start. I think these players are for sure talking about the Defense coaches not teaching. Some of these players need to be held by the hand and shown a few times.

No question.......

Sydla

Reaction score
Right? I should have taken the approach you took. It made a lot more sense.

My approach?

The one that said Garrett was average and needed to be fired? That seems like the right answer.

It’s not my fault Jerry maybe botched another hire. Considering his hiring history after Johnson, it’s likely. See you think McCarthy struggling vindicates you’re belief Garrett was a good coach. The right answer is likely McCarthy isn’t that great a coach either.

It’s almost comical at this point how loyal you are to such a mediocre coach. LOL.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yes ........this is why I think Zeke is quietly on short leach now. He finally called him out for his fumbles this morning.
Someone needs to call him out. I know he blamed himself, but this is more than one game he has multiple fumbles. Something is wrong with him and I don’t think it’s because he is declining. This team is not focused at all. MM isnt supposed to be a baby sitter but he ain’t being the discipline type HC I thought he was. I thought I heard a retired player from the packers say that MM won’t put up with sloppy unfocused play. Could have fooled me. These guys aren’t even in the same stadium.

Zordon

Reaction score
You’re only saying what everybody is thinking.

But I’m taking the high road, because nobody likes to hear “I told you so.” We don’t need that crap sitting at 2-4.

But I did tell everybody so. Like, a lot. Like, it’s kind of embarrassing how much I had to say it and still nobody wanted to believe me and how right I was about it.

But I’m keeping that all under my hat because saying it out loud only makes it worse. I’m real classy like that.
:laugh::bow:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I dont know you but i hope you had the same energy for garrett and his leaking info on TO. Hes the biggest weasel coward there is. And if it wasnt him it was sacred cow Witten. Pick one. They started the new Cowboy way. Enjoy
"And if it wasn't him..."? So you don't know who it was, but you know it was one of those two? I don't even care about this conversation, I just find it strange that someone would so positively assert that one person did it, but if it wasn't that person, well it certainly was this other person. I bet that's about how the Salem Witch Trials went.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I don't think you are comprehending anything he is saying.
****. I'm not responding to anything he said goofy. Im responding to his username and throwing my usual shots at coward clapper. Next time mind your fn business when you're not being addressed.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
"And if it wasn't him..."? So you don't know who it was, but you know it was one of those two? I don't even care about this conversation, I just find it strange that someone would so positively assert that one person did it, but if it wasn't that person, well it certainly was this other person. I bet that's about how the Salem Witch Trials went.
Do you remember the story? Who was in the meeting? And if you dont care why respond? Some real clowns man.