Twitter: Players speaking out on coaching "Totally unprepared, etc"

plymkr

Reaction score
Start releasing players., Some of these guys simply aren't worth keeping around. Time to shake things up among the coaches too. Gotta start looking like you're at least trying to make something happen. Players and coaches alike. Pathetic on all fronts. Players get no pass here. They look like complete crap.
This is what I'm talking about. I'd love after a game that the whole secondary gets cut. There's no salary cap issues with these guys, that I know of. Cut them all and bring in PS players from other teams. It couldn't get any worse. Teams can throw on us at will. What something like that would do is get the rest of the team's attention.

Look I think the coaches suck and are really bad. But the players are sucking really bad too. Everyone's talking about how complicated the defense is and how they don't know what to do. Sack the QB. Tackle the guy when he runs by you. Try and stop the receiver from catching the ball. If he catches the ball then try and tackle him. On offense if you are blocking someone then stay blocking him. Don't fumble. Try throwing to the players that wear the same uniform you do. Hey Crawford, don't get caught taunting after you've just been steamrolled to the 3 yard line in a blowout loss. C'mon guys, yeah the coaches aren't very good but the players aren't good either. At some point you just got to beat the guy in front of you regardless of the scheme or what the coaches say. Hey Demarcus Lawrence, sack the QB. What's so complicated about that? Hey Elliott, don't fumble. See, not so complicated. DLaw is crying cuz the scheme is too complicated.Okay, sack the QB and if a runner is running with the ball try and tackle him. Again, what's so complicated about that?????? Jaylon Smith, it's not that complicated to run as fast as you can to the ball carrier and make a tackle. Stop jogging around the field like you're playing with your dog. If you miss an assignment then still play until the whistle blows. Keep trying.

What we're seeing is coaches providing no game plans or any form of help to the players. Then the players just give up after the first move or shift in a play and stop trying. Both the coaches and the players equally are to blame. Jaylon Smith, DLaw, Poe, Crawford, the entire secondary, the entire offensive line not named Martin, would not be starters or considered "money players" on any other team besides Dallas. And the coaches who were unemployed till Jerry called wouldn't have a job on any other team because they didn't last year. So we are a collection of players and coaches that wouldn't make it on any other team. I'm shocked we won 2 games to be honest. This is what life is like when you don't have an Aikman, Romo or Prescott to cover up your suckage.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
If this is really true, then its troubling. MM days are numbered.

Kiss, Marry, Kill, Jerry Jones edition!! Who ya Got!?
kiss- Jerry keeps them, but they’re on the hot seat for next season.
Marry- Jerry’s pet, on a pedestal. Not on the chopping block.
Kill- Jerry goes nuclear and fires said player/coach.

Zeke- Kiss
MM- Kiss
Nolan- Kill
Kellen- Kill
Bones-Kill
Lewis-Kill
DLAw- Kiss (DLAw forced Jerry’s hand as D-Law’s dead cap would go through the roof!!)
Jaylon-Kiss
Dak-Marry
Gallup-Marry
Cooper-Kiss
CeeDee-Marry

Get the gist?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's the whole culture.

When there is zero real accountability and things go bad, everyone is looking for someone else to blame.

Unlike Garrett, McCarthy is not going to just sit there and not complain about the situation.

McCarthy is about to start blaming others. This is going to get very ugly, very fast.
The Jones culture is built like a country club with a sales pitch...not an NFL locker room with accountability from top to bottom. The biggest problem in Big Dis a complete lack of accountability. And it starts at the top. If the top brass aren’t held accountable for their failures, no one else can be.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Jane has a point. No matter how bad it got during the Garret years I can't recall any players not buying in to what JG was preaching.

Garrett was the Chosen One and anyone who questioned him was shown the door. Garrett always protected Garrett first.

Kumala808

Reaction score
these players need to shut the hell up and stop blaming anyone else except themselves. Take away your knicknames and play the damn game right. and shut up already

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
But, it's very profitable. :facepalm:
I suspect Jerry is seeing the end of the profit by team name days. Is he going to be able to keep selling $60,000 PSL’s to season ticket holders? Will they even sell out next season when everything is back to normal? Apathy is setting in with fans and there is no silver lining to be had. Possibly some curiosity around Dak’s return but the franchise has nothing else to sell to fans.

Now the players who are displaying historically putrid play are openly calling out coaches who Jerry has under contract for four more years. I don’t think those profits he has enjoyed built on the performance of two fired coaches are going to last much longer.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I suspect Jerry is seeing the end of the profit by team name days. Is he going to be able to keep selling $60,000 PSL’s to season ticket holders? Will they even sell out next season when everything is back to normal? Apathy is setting in with fans and there is no silver lining to be had. Possibly some curiosity around Dak’s return but the franchise has nothing else to sell to fans.

Now the players who are displaying historically putrid play are openly calling out coaches who Jerry has under contract for four more years. I don’t think those profits he has enjoyed built on the performance of two fired coaches are going to last much longer.
I’ve been surprised how many people in the DFW area are saying they’re done with the Cowboys until some real change happens.

For our fans who don’t live in the Dallas area, I’ve lived in the Dallas-FW metroplex all but 3 of my 62 years. I’ve been a Cowboys fan since I was 6. I’ve never seen or heard more venom for Jerry and his kids than the last few weeks. People here are sick of this S show. There’s real “Jones Fatigue”. My 86 year old father, who’s been a Cowboys fan since 1960, said he won’t watch Cowboys games any more.

Don’t know what it’s like outside this area, but the sports radio stations in Dallas are on fire with anti-Jones rhetoric. Because people here know exactly why this thing sucks. It’s the doings of the fool in the owner’s box.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
With every week that’s gone by, it’s become more and more apparent that I was right. You and I both know it, even if I’m the only one who will admit it.

You guys can dig in and protest, because what else can you do? The alternative is unthinkable. But we both know, deep down, what’s what.

The tears and protests just make the lap-dancing more fun for me. I’m making eye-contact over here.
Again, I don't believe you really believe this.

You picked a side and that side was exposed. Now you just want to validate that you took that side to make yourself feel better about it.

The argument here isn't whether Garrett is better than McCarthy. That right now is extremely debatable. I'll concede that even though 4 months ago I would have said McCarthy > Garrett. They are both awful IMO.

The argument is whether Garrett is a good Head Coach or not. We all know the answer to that. You know it too.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
I’ve been surprised how many people in the DFW area are saying they’re done with the Cowboys until some real change happens.

For our fans who don’t live in the Dallas area, I’ve lived in the Dallas-FW metroplex all but 3 of my 62 years. I’ve been a Cowboys fan since I was 6. I’ve never seen or heard more venom for Jerry and his kids than the last few weeks. People here are sick of this S show. There’s real “Jones Fatigue”. My 86 year old father, who’s been a Cowboys fan since 1960, said he won’t watch Cowboys games any more.

Don’t know what it’s like outside this area, but the sports radio stations in Dallas are on fire with anti-Jones rhetoric. Because people here know exactly why this thing sucks. It’s the doings of the fool in the owner’s box.
100%. I live in Arlington for most of my life) and was a season ticket holder until 2005. Last night I tuned out of the game after Zeke fumbled for the second time in a row and officially turned the game off at 28-3. I have not seen so many fans lose their enthusiasm like this. The 89 season was a year of turmoil and controversy but the passion was still here. I truly believe a highly significant amount of fans have reached Jerry’s worst nightmare. They are no longer disappointed...they just don’t care anymore. I remember when half of he problem with losing was the heat I took Monday morning at work. Nobody takes this team seriously enough to even bother with the Monday morning flack.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
Exactly!

There is maybe 10 guys on this roster I would bother keeping, the rest and get the F out.
I’m not trying to be a smart *** here but you would keep? I’m not sure I could get that high since the ones I respect are on the last legs of their career like Tyron Smith.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
in 2 weeks this entire staff is blown out and gone.

No way, you cant fire your entire staff during the middle of a pandemic season. The best you can do is axe the head coach and have the rest of the staff take over on an interim basis like what happened in Houston and Atlanta. You cant just axe the whole staff right now.

You let this thing ride itself out and evaluate at the end of the season. If we are 4-12, then you think about maybe making some staff changes and even then its probably at the coordinator positions. Besides, it gives a bad look when you start firing coaching staffs after just one season, especially in a season like this with Covid restrictions in place.

I think you have to give Big Mike at least one more year, but if this defense continues to be a dumpster fire then Nolan has to go at years end.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I’m not trying to be a smart *** here but you would keep? I’m not sure I could get that high since the ones I respect are on the last legs of their career like Tyron Smith.

Dak.........I consider him hands down the single best player on this entire roster.
Zach........best guard in the league (thanks for kicking him in the head Cabo Ewok)
Tyron.......I know he has neck problems but I love the guy, plays hard, took a team friendly deal, just a complete team player.
L. Collins.....Really good young tackle, I know he had some conditioning problems from not working out but I would still keep him
Cee Dee....nuff said, the dude is a stud even as a rookie
Gallup........best deep ball receiver we have, has excellent speed and can high point ball extremely well.
Coop.......best route runner in the league, I know he tends to disappear at times but he is still a top WR in this league.
LVE........not ready to give up on the wolf caller, hopefully that neck can hold up because he is the best LB on the team easily.
Diggs......I know he keeps getting burned, but he is always in position and he never gives up like that play in Seattle. I keep him.
Aldon.......Best defensive player on the team and hasn't played in 5 years, that should tell you all you need to know about this D.

Everybody else like Tank, Jaylon, Cabo Ewok, Crawford, the kicker, the punter, literally everybody else get the F out!!!

Cebrin

Reaction score
I'd comment, but the Mods are gonna treat me like this is Facebook. Go Cowboys I guess. Good game. They're all outstanding players, and you guys are all knowing. Season's not over. Superbowl, baby.