Players The Cowboys Have Shown Interest In

Rayman70

Reaction score
My gut is telling me

Zaven Collins at 10
Milton Williams at 44

... and it makes me wanna barf
Might be very high for him at 10 but his upside is huge. Dude is freakishly good for his size and makes plays. We could do alot worse than him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
My gut is telling me

Zaven Collins at 10
Milton Williams at 44

... and it makes me wanna barf
I think Williams can be had later. Agree on him. Zaven wont be there at 44. Thats why you overdraft him at 10 if your sold on him and have a plan for him.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Take Surtain at 10 then trade up to the back end of the first round for Collins.

Yeah, I'm making the following two predictions.
  1. The Cowboys preference is to go DB with their first pick. If they are able to nab Surtain or Horn at #10, I believe we'll see an attempt to trade up into the backend of R1 or early R2 to grab a linebacker (possibly Collins or Jamin Davis); or
  2. If they do a minor trade back from #10 (~15-20 range), I believe it will be for a guy like Collins or Phillips, and then I think we'll see a trade up into the backend of R1 or early R2 to nab one of the remaining better CB prospects left on the board (i.e. Stokes or Newsome)

J-man

Reaction score
IF,, that's a big if, Phillips checks out 100% medically, he could be in play at 10. Best pass rusher in this class and it's not even close. Compares very well to some very good NFL DE's. Hard to pass on that kind of pure pass rusher.

But I think these guys mentioned, like him and Collins, are targets if we trade down, or back up.

Gaede

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm making the following two predictions.
  1. The Cowboys preference is to go DB with their first pick. If they are able to nab Surtain or Horn at #10, I believe we'll see an attempt to trade up into the backend of R1 or early R2 to grab a linebacker (possibly Collins or Jamin Davis); or
  2. If they do a minor trade back from #10 (~15-20 range), I believe it will be for a guy like Collins or Phillips, and then I think we'll see a trade up into the backend of R1 or early R2 to nab one of the remaining better CB prospects left on the board (i.e. Stokes or Newsome)

It's still early, but this is exactly what I expect as well. They're showing a ton of interest in high ranked CBs and LBs, and we likely won't be able to get both staying put at 44

morasp

Reaction score
Saw an article this morning claiming "Inside information" that the Cowboys know DT is a weakness and are interested in DT early. Don't believe much of what you here this point in the draft process but it said they like Marvin Wilson. That would be a huge reach to me but I watched Jeff C's top 10 DTs video this morning and he had Wilson number 2 after Barmore. He said Wilson looked much better in his junior year and that the ability is there.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He was getting moved in the run game what I saw. Think he is a raw, developmental type.
Depends what game you saw. He isn't perfect but would be a nice player we can add to the mix and like you said, coach him up and develop him. Hes like 6 6 and over 310 I think. Big massive dude but not fat. He takes alot of double teams. Its a good thing. If he is getting doubled alot then it frees up our other guys. He DOES flash. I must say, it Barmore is there at 44 for some odd reason, that has to be your pick. He can be elite. He played against very good competition every week.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Saw an article this morning claiming "Inside information" that the Cowboys know DT is a weakness and are interested in DT early. Don't believe much of what you here this point in the draft process but it said they like Marvin Wilson. That would be a huge reach to me but I watched Jeff C's top 10 DTs video this morning and he had Wilson number 2 after Barmore. He said Wilson looked much better in his junior year and that the ability is there.
Wilson came in 2020 out of shape and underwhelmed. Took plays off as a result. He could end up being Albert Haynesworth or Russell Maryland, depending on how motivated he is or isn't. I rather draft a guy like Tederrel Slaton from Florida in round 5 to man the middle. He's basically the same size and hustles on every play. He chases down the ball. He disrupts. He's better than Woods instantly. He's a fat guy that has a high motor in the middle. I love the player. Wilson has boom or bust written all over him and that might scare Dallas. Which is why they are looking at Williams etc.

Rayman70

Reaction score
To me McNeil and Barmore should be rated the same. They are the cream of this years crop at DT. My Pet Cat is Slaton on day 3. Could be a Jay Ratliffe type or even Russell Maryland. My preference is Barmore but I doubt he will be there at 44. Would we dare take him at 10?

Rayman70

Reaction score
can I find this article? Let me know. I am curious to read it. Sounds like some inside scoopage maybe. Thanks.

morasp

Reaction score
To me McNeil and Barmore should be rated the same. They are the cream of this years crop at DT. My Pet Cat is Slaton on day 3. Could be a Jay Ratliffe type or even Russell Maryland. My preference is Barmore but I doubt he will be there at 44. Would we dare take him at 10?
I also watched Chris Simms DT video. He had 1.) Levi 2.) Barmore 3.) Shelvin 4.) Mcneill 5.) Tufele. NFL has them 1.) Barmore 2.) Levi 3.) Williams 4.) Shelvin 5.) tie McNeill and Brown with pretty big jumps from one to the next 6.7, 6.31, 6.25, 6.2, 6.14.

Last edited:

Carson

Reaction score
IMO - Wilson in Dallas will become a JAG

Wilson in Baltimore, Pittsburgh will become a 10 year starter with multiple pro bowls