Players The Cowboys Have Shown Intrest In (running list)

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Once again for reference and your enjoyment it's the 2011 version of "who are the Cowboys looking at".

As always, we need your contributions to make this thread the hit it always has been.

As names are added I'll periodically update the list.

Enjoy!
UPDATED 3/24/2011

1st Round
Offense:
Tyron Smith | OT | USC
Cam Newton | QB | Auburn
Blaine Gabbert | QB | Missouri

Defense:
Patrick Peterson | CB | LSU
Cameron Jordan | DE | California
J.J. Watts | DE | Wisconsin
Von Miller | OLB | Texas A&M

1st-2nd Round
Offense:
Gabe Carimi | OT | Wisconsin

Defense:
Muhammad Wilkerson | DL | Temple
Brandon Harris | CB | Miami (FL)
Jimmy Smith | CB | Colorado
Brooks Reed | OLB | Arizona

2nd Round
Offense:
Edmond Gates | WR | Abilene Christian
Colin Kaepernick | QB | Nevada
Andy Dalton | QB | TCU

Defense:
Curtis Brown | CB | Texas
Phil Taylor | NT | Baylor
Greg Jones | ILB | Michigan St
Davon House | CB | New Mexico St

2nd-3rd Round
Offense:

Defense:
Kendrick Ellis | NT | Hampton
Mark Herzlich | OLB | Boston College
Johnny Patrick | CB | Louisville

3rd Round
Offense:
Will Rackley | OG | Lehigh
John Moffitt | OG | Wisconsin

Defense:
Dontay Moch | OLB | Nevada
Marcus Gilchrist | CB | Clemson

3rd-4th Round
Offense:

Defense:
K.J. Wright | OLB | Mississippi St
Quinton Carter | S | Oklahoma

4th Round
Offense:

Defense:
Kendric Burney | CB | North Carolina

4th-5th Round
Offense:
Zach Hurd | OG | Connecticut
Taiwan Jones | RB | Eastern Washington

Defense:
Ian Williams | DT | Notre Dame
Da'Norris Searcy | SS | North Carolina

5th Round
Offense:
Derek Newton | OT | Arkansas St

Defense:

5th-6th Round
Offense:
Brandon Fusco | OC | Slippery Rock

Defense:
Korey Lindsey-Woods| CB | Southern Illinois

6th Round
Offense:
Greg McElroy | QB | Alabama

Defense:

6th-7th Round
Offense:
Andre Holmes | WR | Hillsdale

Defense:
Nick Bellore | ILB | Central Michigan

7th Round
Offense:
Schuylar Oordt | TE | Northern Iowa
Julius Thomas | TE | Portland St

Defense:
Bruce Miller | OLB | UCF
Adrian Moten | OLB | Maryland

7th Round-UDFA
Offense:
Jerrod Johnson | QB/TE | Texas A&M

Defense:
DeMarcus Van Dyke | CB | Miami(FL)
Brian Lainhart | FS | Kent St
Buster Skrine | CB | Chattanooga

UDFA
Offense:
John Vernon | OG | TCU
Preston Dial | FB | Alabama

Defense:
Vance Cuff | CB | Georgia

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Thanks, SDogo.

Tyron Smith is on there.

Now, we need to get Stefen Wisniewski, Danny Watkins, Ben Ijalana, Jason Pinkson, Titus Young, Aaron Williams, and the other DE from Iowa on there.

Stefen Wisniewski would be a great value at 40. He weighed in at 313 and is 6'3. His stock just went up for the Cowboys.

Would sliding Gurode to guard be an option?

supercowboy8

Reaction score
cowboys have shown interest in a ton more players than this. I read that cowboys had several scouts at Boston College for costanzo this year

SDogo

Reaction score
supercowboy8;3856810 said:
cowboys have shown interest in a ton more players than this. I read that cowboys had several scouts at Boston College for costanzo this year

Your new, you will see how this thread works. Just sit back and enjoy but in the meantime if you have a link to back up your statement I would be glad to add him. In 99% of these cases if someone finds something we can add they will post it here. The list gets pretty in depth.

As far as Costanzo, I have reason to believe they were there more for Mark Herzlich then Costanzo but they would not be doing their job if they did not scout all the draft eligible prospects at the game(s).

I'm sure there are a ton of names not on this list but if you know a way to find each and every one of them please let us know.

Enjoy the thread

btcutter

Reaction score
I love that people are falling in love with Tyron Smith.... I am not one of them at #9. He may have very high ceiling but he also has one of the highest bust potential at OT. Cowboys can't afford a BUST at #9. Honestly I rather have a very good OT for 10 yrs than gamble on a player who will either be in pro bowl or on the street after his rookie contract.

DL is one of the deepest position in this draft so I won't pick one in the 1st. Very likely a good one will remain for our 2nd round pick.

1st round If possible trade down and pick our highest rated OT.

2nd round DE

3rd round or with our trade down from 1st..trade back into 2nd and pick up another OL or CB/S.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
dont forget we looked at brandon harris too Sdogo per tfydraft

and someone said j j watt DE too

SDogo

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3856823 said:
dont forget we looked at brandon harris too Sdogo per tfydraft

and someone said j j watt DE too

Thanks Joe, I have a few names I'm trying to add. I got this thread opened in another tab editing it off and on while I try to get my kids to bed with out burying one, two or all three of them in the back yard!:banghead:

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
yw buddy
boy, if KTRE interviews me again, way till you see my war room this year.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
41gy#;3856793 said:
Thanks, SDogo.

Tyron Smith is on there.

Now, we need to get Stefen Wisniewski, Danny Watkins, Ben Ijalana, Jason Pinkson, Titus Young, Aaron Williams, and the other DE from Iowa on there.

Stefen Wisniewski would be a great value at 40. He weighed in at 313 and is 6'3. His stock just went up for the Cowboys.

Would sliding Gurode to guard be an option?

i think the bears are going to nab wisniewski with their late 1st rounder or Igalana

Bulldog

Reaction score
btcutter;3856822 said:
I love that people are falling in love with Tyron Smith.... I am not one of them at #9. He may have very high ceiling but he also has one of the highest bust potential at OT.

I keep getting Tony Mandrich flashbacks with this guy. I hope I'm wrong.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Sdogo, you can PM me to edit the OP any time you want.

I think you need to add Newton and Gabbart just to keep it updated. Your call and as always thank you.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3856884 said:
i think the bears are going to nab wisniewski with their late 1st rounder or Igalana

Shoot. I'm hoping Bunting is right, and he falls to the second.

Bunting has Ijalana in the second too, but we will see if it changes.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
btcutter;3856822 said:
I love that people are falling in love with Tyron Smith.... I am not one of them at #9. He may have very high ceiling but he also has one of the highest bust potential at OT. Cowboys can't afford a BUST at #9. Honestly I rather have a very good OT for 10 yrs than gamble on a player who will either be in pro bowl or on the street after his rookie contract.

DL is one of the deepest position in this draft so I won't pick one in the 1st. Very likely a good one will remain for our 2nd round pick.

1st round If possible trade down and pick our highest rated OT.

2nd round DE

3rd round or with our trade down from 1st..trade back into 2nd and pick up another OL or CB/S.

We agree on drafting OL in round one. DL is deep like you stated. CB is deep. WR is deep.

Tyron Smith is one of the safest OT picks in the draft. He is even more safe and valuable to Dallas, because he has 2 years of RT experience. Smith is the proto type LT of the new era of the NFL and the best pass blocker in this draft. Bunting stated that he rated Smith only behind Okung from last year's OT class.

Solder gets beat inside, is leggy, and doesn't play with a wide base. He needs to correct some technique. He isn't nearly as good in the run game as Smith. He has upside, though.

Carimi would probably be best on the right side, and he isn't an athletic space player. He is the guy with the biggest bust potential, because if he can't play RT, where does he play? He doesn't have upside.

Costonzo is light in the pants for the Cowboys and looks like a LT only.

Sherrod needs to add weight and strength to his lower body, but he is a pure LT. Although Sherrod is a very good athletic OT, he isn't the athlete that Smith is, and he isn't as strong as Smith. His best side will be the left side. I think he will be a solid LT and safe pick. He has upside.

Again, Smith has excelled at RT and projects to a franchise LT in the NFL, due to his physical, athletic skills. He is the most athletically gifted OT in the draft, imo. I'm not so sure that you couldn't flip him to LT during his rookie year. He just turned 20 and is still filling out his frame, and from what I've gathered, getting stronger is going to make him even better than what he already was.

6'5 307 almost 37 inch arms 11 inch hands

This guy has the film to back up his late breaking hype.

Wes Bunting was on Smith way back, and Vela pretty much scooped everyone on him.

SDogo

Reaction score
Hostile;3857030 said:
Sdogo, you can PM me to edit the OP any time you want.

I think you need to add Newton and Gabbart just to keep it updated. Your call and as always thank you.

Appreciate it Hos,

I'll send you an update tonight that includes Newton and Gabbart. If it ever becomes too much just let me know and I'll make a new post.

Please feel free to update it yourself as you see fit as well.