Players The Cowboys Have Shown Intrest In (running list)

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Cowboys | Working on meeting with Danny Watkins

Wed, 23 Mar 2011 12:05:58 -0700

The Dallas Cowboys are working on scheduling a meeting with Baylor OG Danny Watkins before the 2011 NFL Draft, reports Calvin Watkins, of ESPNDallas.com.

Comment (0) | Share: | Source: ESPNDallas.com - Calvin Watkins

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
SDogo;3886951 said:
Cowboys | Working on meeting with Danny Watkins

Wed, 23 Mar 2011 12:05:58 -0700

The Dallas Cowboys are working on scheduling a meeting with Baylor OG Danny Watkins before the 2011 NFL Draft, reports Calvin Watkins, of ESPNDallas.com.

Comment (0) | Share: | Source: ESPNDallas.com - Calvin Watkins
Cowboys to get a visit from a safety: Da'Norris Searcy, a safety from North Carolina, is scheduled to visit Valle... twitter calvin watkins

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...ety?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Cowboys to get a visit from a safety
March, 24, 2011 Mar 242:17PM CTEmail Print Comments By Calvin WatkinsDa'Norris Searcy, a safety from North Carolina, is scheduled to visit Valley Ranch.

Searcy is projected as a strong safety and could be drafted anywhere from the third-to-fifth round. Scouts Inc. has him ranked as the ninth best safety in the draft and NFL Draft Scout ranks him fifth.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
cowboyjoe;3887052 said:
Cowboys to get a visit from a safety: Da'Norris Searcy, a safety from North Carolina, is scheduled to visit Valle... twitter calvin watkins

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...ety?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Cowboys to get a visit from a safety
March, 24, 2011 Mar 242:17PM CTEmail Print Comments By Calvin WatkinsDa'Norris Searcy, a safety from North Carolina, is scheduled to visit Valley Ranch.

Searcy is projected as a strong safety and could be drafted anywhere from the third-to-fifth round. Scouts Inc. has him ranked as the ninth best safety in the draft and NFL Draft Scout ranks him fifth.

i love this visit, could be a better pro than deunta williams in my eyes despite playing in his shadow. May switch to FS, seems to have a knack for getting to the ball in passing situations

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Life at a college pro day
By Christopher Smith, Chargers.comPosted Mar 24, 2011
Chargers.com attended San Diego State’s pro day to give you a glimpse of what Chargers scouts and coaches do at pro days and the kind of information they gather

A member of the Dallas Cowboys’ scouting department lifted up each players’ arm to the top of a piece of tape, a measuring point some distance below thin plastic strips colored white, blue and red.

http://www.chargers.com/news/articl...-pro-day/81723dbf-41d1-4d7c-8539-e3db9be0f299

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
<snip>

Dwayne Harris, the Pirates’ all-time leader in receptions and receiving yards, is projected by some draft observers to go as high as the fourth round. The Stone Mountain, Ga., native said that despite the opinions of prognosticators and his recent participation in the NFL combine, it hardly seems like it’s all real.

<snip>

At the other end of the spectrum, Harris will work out for his hometown Atlanta Falcons next month, and he expects to perform for the Baltimore Ravens, the Dallas Cowboys and the Green Bay Packers.

http://www.jdnews.com/sports/scouts-89260-classmates-greenville.html

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
It was another successful workout for Edmond “Clyde” Gates at ACU’s Pro Day on Monday. Gates, other ACU seniors and even a few of the Lone Star Conference’s best athletes put on a show for about 20 NFL scouts looking for the next small-school success.

<snip>

Along with the Steelers, the scouts from the 2011 Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers were at the workout as well as the Dallas Cowboys and Houston Texans to name a few.

http://www.acuoptimist.com/2011/03/gates-continues-to-impress-at-acus-pro-day/

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
ive looked at this list and why hasnt Amukamara been added? After he's one of the few players dallas has already interviewed.

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
Texas Longhorns cornerback Aaron Williams improves stock during Pro Day

BY CHAREAN WILLIAMS
cjwilliams@star-telegram.com
AUSTIN - Aaron Williams needed this.
The University of Texas cornerback had been hearing the doubts about his speed and his ball skills. He answered with a Pro Day that might have sealed him as a first-round pick.

<snip>

The Cowboys sent four representatives -- secondary coach Dave Campo, safeties coach Brett Maxie, college scouting coordinator Chris Hall and Tom Ciskowski, the director of college and pro scouting.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/03/29/2959538/texas-longhorns-cornerback-aaron.html?

SDogo

Reaction score
Cowboys | Prince Amukamara to visit

Tue, 29 Mar 2011 10:11:46 -0700

The Dallas Cowboys will hold a visit with University of Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara before the 2011 NFL Draft, according to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora.

Comment (1) | Share: | Source: NFL Network - Jason La Canfora

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I read somewhere that we have scouted Florida T Marcus Gilbert a lot, can anyone confirm this?, I wonder if we are looking at the second level of OT's like James Brewer and James Carpenter

SDogo

Reaction score
Mike Pouncey and RB Bilal Powell(louisville) are visiting Valley Ranch on April 5th according to calvin Watkins

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
SDogo;3894312 said:
Mike Pouncey and RB Bilal Powell(louisville) are visiting Valley Ranch on April 5th according to calvin Watkins

Mike Pouncey is really starting to grow on me, as is the idea of trading back into the first. I'd love to get New Englands two firsts and grab Carimi and Pouncey.

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
Da'Quan Bowers runs a 4.85, 4.92 in workout that draws mixed reviews

Among the NFL teams attending the workout: the Denver Broncos, Philadelphia Eagles, New England Patriots, Atlanta Falcons, Buffalo Bills, Arizona Cardinals, Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Seattle Seahawks, Chicago Bears, Houston Texans, Detroit Lions, New Orleans Saints, St. Louis Rams, San Diego Chargers, Miami Dolphins, Dallas Cowboys, Carolina Panthers and Minnesota Vikings.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com...-492-in-workout-that-draws-mixed-reviews.html

SDogo

Reaction score
http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2011/04/baylor-cornerback-to-work-out.html

Baylor cornerback Antareis Bryan

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Cowboys to host prospects for pre-draft visits
Posted Monday, Apr. 04, 2011

The Dallas Cowboys will host about 30 national prospects for pre-draft visits today and Wednesday at the team's Valley Ranch training headquarters.

The list includes potential first-rounder like tackle Tyron Smith of USC, Boston College tackle Anthony Castonzo, Colorado tackle Nate Solder, Florida center Mike Pouncey, Mississippi State tackle Derek Sherrod, and prospects such as Louisville running back Bilal Powell, Lehigh tackle Will Barkley, Abilene Christian receiver Edmund Gates and Hillsdale College receiver Andre Holmes.

According to a source, Wisconsin tackle Gabe Carimi is not expected to visit. Also not coming is Nebraska cornerback Prince Amukamara, which gives credence to the trending projections of the Cowboys taking an offensive lineman with the ninth overall pick.

-- Clarence E. Hill Jr.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/04/04/2974329/cowboys-to-host-prospects-for.html#ixzz1Idtbyey3

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
dbair1967;3898125 said:
Cowboys to host prospects for pre-draft visits
Posted Monday, Apr. 04, 2011

The Dallas Cowboys will host about 30 national prospects for pre-draft visits today and Wednesday at the team's Valley Ranch training headquarters.

The list includes potential first-rounder like tackle Tyron Smith of USC, Boston College tackle Anthony Castonzo, Colorado tackle Nate Solder, Florida center Mike Pouncey, Mississippi State tackle Derek Sherrod, and prospects such as Louisville running back Bilal Powell, Lehigh tackle Will Barkley, Abilene Christian receiver Edmund Gates and Hillsdale College receiver Andre Holmes.

According to a source, Wisconsin tackle Gabe Carimi is not expected to visit. Also not coming is Nebraska cornerback Prince Amukamara, which gives credence to the trending projections of the Cowboys taking an offensive lineman with the ninth overall pick.

-- Clarence E. Hill Jr.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/04/04/2974329/cowboys-to-host-prospects-for.html#ixzz1Idtbyey3

Dallas will do one of the following:

1) If Peterson falls to #5 or #6, Jerry will trade up and get him

2) Jerry will stay put and take Tyron Smith.

3) We will trade down, acquire an extra 2nd or 3rd, and draft the best available offensive lineman (Derek Sherrod, Nate Solder, Mike Pouncey, Anthony Castonzo).

Gaede

Reaction score
Certainly seems interesting not to interview one of the top tackles. Wondering if Garrett knows all he needs to through Chryst

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Gaede;3898281 said:
Certainly seems interesting not to interview one of the top tackles. Wondering if Garrett knows all he needs to through Chryst
I think so, heard they watched him pretty hard at Senior Bowl also, just keeping our interest hiden.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
TheSport78;3898268 said:
Dallas will do one of the following:

1) If Peterson falls to #5 or #6, Jerry will trade up and get him
2) Jerry will stay put and take Tyron Smith.

3) We will trade down, acquire an extra 2nd or 3rd, and draft the best available offensive lineman (Derek Sherrod, Nate Solder, Mike Pouncey, Anthony Castonzo).

I still say it wont happen.