Players The Cowboys Have Shown Intrest In (running list)

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Illinois LB Martez Wilson
Texas DB Aaron Williams
LSU RB Stevan Ridley

SDogo

Reaction score
SIU CB Korey Lindsey

SDogo

Reaction score
Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
Rahim Moore, S, UCLA
Kelvin Sheppard, LB, LSU
Jon Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
Brandon Burton, CB, Utah
Bruce Carter, LB, North Carolina
Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
Cecil Shorts, WR, Mount Union
Boston College OT Anthony Costonzo

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
I don't think this one has been captured yet.......

Christian Ballard visited the Cowboys

Iowa defensive lineman Christian Ballard visited the Dallas Cowboys today.

He has previously visited the Baltimore Ravens.

The 6-foot-4, 286-pounder is coming off a strong Pro Day campus workout where he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.7 seconds and registered a 34-inch vertical leap and a 9-7 broad jump.

Read more:http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Christian-Ballard-visited-the-Cowboys.html&team=97?

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
NFL scouts arrive on Hilltop for Pro Day
Former SMU players participate for shot to play professional football
By E.J. Holland

Email: eholland@smu.edu

Published: Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Updated: Wednesday, April 6, 2011 01:04

Monday morning was supposed to mark the first day of spring practice but due to intense thunderstorms, practice was canceled. Luckily for Aldrick Robinson and other SMU seniors, the weather cleared up in time for SMU Pro Day, which was held Monday afternoon at Gerald J. Ford Stadium.
SMU Pro Day allowed Robinson and company to showcase their skills in front of scouts from across the NFL including the Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Indianapolis Colts, San Francisco 49ers and others. The former Mustangs took part in 40-yard dashes, agility drills, shuttles and position drills.
"It felt good being out here today," Robinson said. "It was a little windy and we had kind of a bad weather day but I felt like I did good."

Read more:http://www.smudailycampus.com/sports/nfl-scouts-arrive-on-hilltop-for-pro-day-1.2143851

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
Zych Attracts NFL Interest
Published by E. Benjamin Samuels on April 06, 2011 at 7:51PM
Despite the lockout in the NFL, the draft is still scheduled to start April 28, and scouting remains active into the last few weeks before the 2011 amateur selection.

After a stellar senior season, captain defensive back Collin Zych has attracted the attention of a few NFL teams, according to Yahoo! Sports. The Jacksonville Jaguars and the Dallas Cowboys are both interested in the All-Ivy honoree, and Zych is reported to have pre-draft visits lined up with the two teams.

Read more:http://www.thecrimson.com/blog/the-back-page/article/2011/4/6/blog-zych-nfl-040611/

SDogo

Reaction score
DeMarco Murray was in for a visit

beevomav

Reaction score
2011 could be the 6th consecutive year the Cowboys bring their top draft pick in for a pre-draft visit. If so, his name is on the table below that summarizes the known visitors to Valley Ranch this year by position. The numbers in front of the player names indicate their ranking on the CBS Sports big board.

Below are the players that visited Valley Ranch and their possible draft placement. I used Walter Camp and CBS Sports for the draft rankings.

Seven Offensive Linemen
Tyron Smith.................OT.......USC.............................. #1..ot....top 15 pick
Anthony Castonzo.......OT........Boston College...............#2..ot....top 20 pick
Gabe Carimi................OT....... Wisconsin.....................#4..ot.....top 25 pick
Mike Pouncey..........., OG,...... Florida..........................#1..g.....top 31 pick
Derek Sherrod,........... OT,...... Mississippi State...........#3..ot.....top 25 pick
Nate Solder..............., OT....... Colorado.......................#5..ot.....top 25 pick
Will Rackley............., OG,....... Lehigh..........................#6..g...3rd/4th round
Six Corner Backs
Prince Amukamara,.... CB,........ Nebraska...................#2...top 11 pick
Aaron Williams,.......... CB,........ Texas........................#4....1st/2nd round
Brandon Burton,......... CB,......... Utah.........................#9....3rd/4th round
Shareece Wright,....... CB,......... USC.........................#15...4th/6th round
Johnny Patrick,.......... CB,......... Louisville..................#10...3rd/4th round
Korey Lindsey,........... CB,......... Southern Illinois.........#31...6th/Free Agent
Four Wide Receivers
Jon Baldwin,.............. WR,.......... Pittsburgh.................#4...1st/2nd round
Edmund Gates,......... WR,.......... Abilene Christian........#10..2nd/4th round
Cecil Shorts,............. WR,........... Mount Union..............#20..4th/6th round
Andre Holmes,.......... WR,........... Hillsdale...................not listed...special teams?
Four Linebackers
Martez Wilson,.......... ILB,............ Illinois......................#1..1st/2nd round
Bruce Carter,............. OLB,............. North Carolina........no rank..med issue..late 2nd/3rd round
Kelvin Sheppard,........ ILB,............ LSU........................#4...3rd/4th round
Nate Irving,................ ILB,............ North Carolina..........#6...3rd/4th round
Three Safties
Rahim Moore,........... FS,............. UCLA...................#1..2nd round
Quinton Carter,......... FS,............. Oklahoma.............#2..2nd/3rd round
Da'Norris Searcy,...... SS,............. North Carolina......#19..6th/7th round
Three Running Backs
DeMarco Murray,....... RB,............ Oklahoma..............# 7....3rd/4th round
Bilal Powell,.............. RB,............ Louisville................#22....5th/7th
Stevan Ridley,........... RB,............ LSU......................#14.....4th/6th round
Three Defensive Linemen
J.J. Watt,................. DE,............. Wisconsin...............#3...top 18 pick
Christian Ballard,...... DE,............. Iowa.......................#46...2nd round
Kenrick Ellis,............ DT,............. Hampton..................#8...2nd/3rd

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
beevomav;3903501 said:
2011 could be the 6th consecutive year the Cowboys bring their top draft pick in for a pre-draft visit. If so, his name is on the table below that summarizes the known visitors to Valley Ranch this year by position. The numbers in front of the player names indicate their ranking on the CBS Sports big board.

Below are the players that visited Valley Ranch and their possible draft placement. I used Walter Camp and CBS Sports for the draft rankings.

Seven Offensive Linemen
Tyron Smith.................OT.......USC.............................. #1..ot....top 15 pick
Anthony Castonzo.......OT........Boston College...............#2..ot....top 20 pick
Gabe Carimi................OT....... Wisconsin.....................#4..ot.....top 25 pick
Mike Pouncey..........., OG,...... Florida..........................#1..g.....top 31 pick
Derek Sherrod,........... OT,...... Mississippi State...........#3..ot.....top 25 pick
Nate Solder..............., OT....... Colorado.......................#5..ot.....top 25 pick
Will Rackley............., OG,....... Lehigh..........................#6..g...3rd/4th round
Six Corner Backs
Prince Amukamara,.... CB,........ Nebraska...................#2...top 11 pick
Aaron Williams,.......... CB,........ Texas........................#4....1st/2nd round
Brandon Burton,......... CB,......... Utah.........................#9....3rd/4th round
Shareece Wright,....... CB,......... USC.........................#15...4th/6th round
Johnny Patrick,.......... CB,......... Louisville..................#10...3rd/4th round
Korey Lindsey,........... CB,......... Southern Illinois.........#31...6th/Free Agent
Four Wide Receivers
Jon Baldwin,.............. WR,.......... Pittsburgh.................#4...1st/2nd round
Edmund Gates,......... WR,.......... Abilene Christian........#10..2nd/4th round
Cecil Shorts,............. WR,........... Mount Union..............#20..4th/6th round
Andre Holmes,.......... WR,........... Hillsdale...................not listed...special teams?
Four Linebackers
Martez Wilson,.......... ILB,............ Illinois......................#1..1st/2nd round
Bruce Carter,............. OLB,............. North Carolina........no rank..med issue..late 2nd/3rd round
Kelvin Sheppard,........ ILB,............ LSU........................#4...3rd/4th round
Nate Irving,................ ILB,............ North Carolina..........#6...3rd/4th round
Three Safties
Rahim Moore,........... FS,............. UCLA...................#1..2nd round
Quinton Carter,......... FS,............. Oklahoma.............#2..2nd/3rd round
Da'Norris Searcy,...... SS,............. North Carolina......#19..6th/7th round
Three Running Backs
DeMarco Murray,....... RB,............ Oklahoma..............# 7....3rd/4th round
Bilal Powell,.............. RB,............ Louisville................#22....5th/7th
Stevan Ridley,........... RB,............ LSU......................#14.....4th/6th round
Three Defensive Linemen
J.J. Watt,................. DE,............. Wisconsin...............#3...top 18 pick
Christian Ballard,...... DE,............. Iowa.......................#46...2nd round
Kenrick Ellis,............ DT,............. Hampton..................#8...2nd/3rd

Thanks for this list, it will be handy on draft day!