Players vs. fans

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most fans seem to think that a Zeke like holdout will hurt his rep with his teammates. Not true. Most stud players, which is just about every pro player, have egos the size of Texas. They ALL want to get paid. Zeke's holdout might be hurting the fans, but fans will come crawling back as soon as he scores a TD. The team chemistry will only suffer if a teammate starts acting like a fan and not like a player.

aria

Reaction score
Most fans seem to think that a Zeke like holdout will hurt his rep with his teammates. Not true. Most stud players, which is just about every pro player, have egos the size of Texas. They ALL want to get paid. Zeke's holdout might be hurting the fans, but fans will come crawling back as soon as he scores a TD. The team chemistry will only suffer if a teammate starts acting like a fan and not like a player.
Not me! I’ll never like this turd.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fans acting like morality police is the funniest thing in all of sports.
Yea, if we want to bash Elliott’s personality and off field behavior. Fine. I’m all in. He has thuggish behavior. Can’t stand him.

But does he make us a better team is all that matters. The thug is a baller. It’s not personal, just business.

aikemirv

Reaction score

Yeah, because Lebron's teams have always had great chemistry. Not all of these guys are self absorbed jocks - maybe it is 70-80% of them but the others just put up with the crap and keep their mouth shut to not make waves!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Meh... I don't have that kind of emotional attachment to professional sports. I did when I was younger, though. The athletes in the NFL (and professional sports in general) who truly care about winning are in a very small minority these days. Tom Brady is one of them. The problem in Dallas is that they don't have anyone on the roster who desires to win as much as the Brady types. Witten might be the closest. Dak and Zeke, to me, are only interested in the next big pay day.

I can't remember the last time anyone on the Cowboys roster was truly upset or angry after a loss.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, because Lebron's teams have always had great chemistry. Not all of these guys are self absorbed jocks - maybe it is 70-80% of them but the others just put up with the crap and keep their mouth shut to not make waves!
70-80% is most. Thanks for proving my argument!!!!! Lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Meh... I don't have that kind of emotional attachment to professional sports. I did when I was younger, though. The athletes in the NFL (and professional sports in general) who truly care about winning are in a very small minority these days. Tom Brady is one of them. The problem in Dallas is that they don't have anyone on the roster who desires to win as much as the Brady types. Witten might be the closest. Dak and Zeke, to me, are only interested in the next big pay day.
Do you think Brady would have wanted more money if he had married a school teacher and not a supermodel?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Thank goodness we have the Brady example . Lol

The rest of the league is basically serving their self interest just like ownership.