Players vs. fans

CWR

Reaction score
Most fans seem to think that a Zeke like holdout will hurt his rep with his teammates. Not true. Most stud players, which is just about every pro player, have egos the size of Texas. They ALL want to get paid. Zeke's holdout might be hurting the fans, but fans will come crawling back as soon as he scores a TD. The team chemistry will only suffer if a teammate starts acting like a fan and not like a player.

It sure became an issue in Pitt with Lev Bell. We are too far from week 1 for players to care much at this point. I dont think chemistry becomes an issue unless we start losing games behind a lackluster rushing attack without Zeke.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Meh... I don't have that kind of emotional attachment to professional sports. I did when I was younger, though. The athletes in the NFL (and professional sports in general) who truly care about winning are in a very small minority these days. Tom Brady is one of them. The problem in Dallas is that they don't have anyone on the roster who desires to win as much as the Brady types. Witten might be the closest. Dak and Zeke, to me, are only interested in the next big pay day.

I can't remember the last time anyone on the Cowboys roster was truly upset or angry after a loss.

I can understand this very well. Because right now I am not giving a crap. I just want to get all the players that are banged up to 100%. Then just get to the regular season.
They play who is on the current roster and give 110%.

I may add Jaylon Smith to the very short list that care.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no one knows, only Brady does, maybe he likes his 9 SB appearances most, he knows all the money he earned that will support him like a king the rest of his life, maybe he has a brain and uses it and who he married really doesn't matter..
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It sure became an issue in Pitt with Lev Bell. We are too far from week 1 for players to care much at this point. I dont think chemistry becomes an issue unless we start losing games behind a lackluster rushing attack without Zeke.
Became an issue? One player spoke out. The one player that left his team in the locker room to go out for the anthem. Even though I liked that he went out, do you think his teammates were thrilled that he painted them all as not respecting the flag?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

I don't think anyone on the roster really cares that much about losing. Should they lose to the Giants week 1 there will still be several of them meeting at mid field after the game with big smiles on their face, looking to trade jerseys with their favorite player on the opposing team. If it were me I would be so mad about losing they might find my helmet embedded into Jerry's jumbo tron or smashed into a chair 40 rows up in the lower deck.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think anyone on the roster really cares that much about losing. Should they lose to the Giants week 1 there will still be several of them meeting at mid field after the game with big smiles on their face, looking to trade jerseys with their favorite player on the opposing team. If it were me I would be so mad about losing they might find my helmet embedded into Jerry's jumbo tron or smashed into a chair 40 rows up in the lower deck.
And Garrett will be smiling, giggling and slapping Shurman on the butt!!

aria

Reaction score
Don’t have to like him. This isn’t a popularity contest. I couldn’t stand Michael Irvin and his criminal behavior but he was a key part in helping us win championships.
Putting his personality aside, I didn’t like the pick from day 1 and I don’t think he’s worth as much money as he wants.

Johnny23

Reaction score
And unlike many pro athletes he desires winning above everything else. He commented last year or the year before that he doesn't play to make the pro bowl, he plays to make the game the following week. Many members here at CZ think that making the pro bowl is such a big deal. It isn't, and never will be as big a deal as playing in the other bowl game.
Michael Jordan made 135 million dollars in his last the three years of his run in Chicago. The Brady cares about winning narrative is played out. He's still made millions.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
To call Zeke a thug is irresponsible. He is definitely immature, and probably isn't too bright. But it's not like he's out pretending to be a gang tough guy. He likes to go out and party, which is par for his age group.
He's immature. He makes it hard to like him sometimes. But he's done pretty minor stuff compared to some other Cowboys in the past.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Putting his personality aside, I didn’t like the pick from day 1 and I don’t think he’s worth as much money as he wants.
If you don’t want him on our team, that’s fine but why shouldn’t he receive what the top RB’s in the league are making ?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He's immature. He makes it hard to like him sometimes. But he's done pretty minor stuff compared to some other Cowboys in the past.
Right. He makes it almost impossible to like him.

I can’t stand the punk arse but we’re a better team when he’s on the field.

CWR

Reaction score

I understand where you are coming from, but you still see it every year. Locker rooms fall apart when teams lose. Not everyone buys in but I think a majority of guys on this team really want to win.

CWR

Reaction score
Became an issue? One player spoke out. The one player that left his team in the locker room to go out for the anthem. Even though I liked that he went out, do you think his teammates were thrilled that he painted them all as not respecting the flag?

Naw man, Pouncey, Decastro, Foster ect all spoke out about Bell. They all got sick of dealing with it. Like I said its not a big deal now, but it could become a big deal.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most fans seem to think that a Zeke like holdout will hurt his rep with his teammates. Not true. Most stud players, which is just about every pro player, have egos the size of Texas. They ALL want to get paid. Zeke's holdout might be hurting the fans, but fans will come crawling back as soon as he scores a TD. The team chemistry will only suffer if a teammate starts acting like a fan and not like a player.
Couldn't agree more Coach, Elliott is not doing anything to the fans or the team and most would be surprised at how many are on his side.

And I love all of the posters that would give a team friendly deal to get the most carries in the league and the one thing that hasn't been discussed is physically, how does Elliott really feel? He's taken a pounding because of his running style and he has to wonder 'how many years of this can I take? Is it worth 3M to make this one of those years?'

If I am a NFL RB, I take a good hard long look at Earl Campbell spending too much time in a wheelchair.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that is really funny, where did you come up with this????
From Kraft's comments after Brady agreed to that contract, he said "Tommy really had no choice". That reduced contract had nothing to do with his wife's earnings, it was about Belichick's formula not allowing for a QB to take too much of his cap which is why he drafted Garappolo and would have traded Brady had he not been willing to play Belichick's game. No player is sacred to him, there's just not anyone else like him in the NFL.