Playoff Bye

Cowboyny

Reaction score
It’s going to be hard not to lose one more game. At Jacksonville, at Tennessee, and at Washington will be tough games for anyone.
Last 3 are all difficult. Think 5-1 is the last six is probably best case, will that be enough?

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
To me the Eagles look like a team that has peaked too soon.
Bob posted about that several weeks ago and I agree. Teams that start out the season red hot can't generally keep that same energy going throughout the entire season and playoffs. It's extremely rare for a team to be red hot for 20+ weeks in a row.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Bob posted about that several weeks ago and I agree. Teams to start out the season red hot can't generally keep that same energy going throughout the entire season and playoffs. It's extremely rare for a team to be red hot for 20+ weeks in a row.
Patriots came close. They were 19-1 or 18-1.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I am not a fan of only one bye per conference. The previous format was perfect. Adding even more average at best wild card teams is dumb but money always talks.

But to win the East (and get that 1 seed), we almost have no room for error. We are 2 back from Philly and they already beat us. We already took care of NYG. We have Wash and Philly left in the East games. We absolutely have to win those. Eagles one loss is a division game, so we have that going for us. We get the tiebreaker for division record if we tie them.

AFC South is pretty bad this year outside of Tennessee. Need to handle up on them. But we lost 3 of 4 against them in 2018. And we lost 3 of 4 to the AFC East the next year. That can't happen this year. Tennesee on the road will be tough. I fear Henry will rip our soft run defense to shreds.

We really need the Titans to beat the Eagles.

Last edited:

stuckindc

Reaction score
It’s going to be hard not to lose one more game. At Jacksonville, at Tennessee, and at Washington will be tough games for anyone.
Good point. The Washington game could be meaningless as the playoff picture could already be set , regardless of who wins

Blackspider214

Reaction score
And that Green Bay loss will be the one loss we point at if we can't get the bye. That game 100% should have been won. If we were only 1 loss back of Philly right now, we control our own destiny. That game can mean the difference in the 1 vs 5 seed. Only needing to win 2 home games to get to the Super Bowl vs 3 games on the road. Just an absolute season changing loss. The only win the Packers win have in the last 8 games. Smh.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If they want the division and the bye, they are going to need to get at least 5. Cannot see Philly losing 3 out of the next 6.
I already stated they wont win the division or get the bye,..chnaces of that are slim to none. Ive picked us as the 5th seed and preparing for likelihood of Bucs game 1..that would be good story to beat TB12 for the first time and avenge game 1 and get to the 2nd round..

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Haven't the Eagles already beat the Vikings?

Yep you are right. Totally forgot about that game. Welp, then we don't have many teams of quality left to depend on to beat them. Won't be enough obviously for only us to beat them. And I do think we will at home. We almost beat them on the road with Rush playing horrible.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I already stated they wont win the division or get the bye,..chnaces of that are slim to none. Ive picked us as the 5th seed and preparing for likelihood of Bucs game 1..that would be good story to beat TB12 for the first time and avenge game 1 and get to the 2nd round..
Nothing is guaranteed at this juncture, we still could get a higher or even a lower seeding. Everything is still in play!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Last 3 are all difficult. Think 5-1 is the last six is probably best case, will that be enough?
To win the East I think we have to be 6-0. 3-3 gets us the 5th seed if we only lose one more NFC game. We probably won’t be able to avoid any of the big 3 (Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Tampa)

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Good point. The Washington game could be meaningless as the playoff picture could already be set , regardless of who wins
I think Washington will be fighting tooth and nail with the Giants and Seahawks. It might sound crazy but if two of the NFC South teams get hot two teams might get to 9 wins in that division.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm jealous or ticked off........
BTW....their LT is pretty darn good also

Cowboyny

Reaction score
To win the East I think we have to be 6-0. 3-3 gets us the 5th seed if we only lose one more NFC game. We probably won’t be able to avoid any of the big 3 (Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Tampa)
If the Eagles lose this week, which is totally possible, then the #1 seed is wide open, not just the Cowboys, but also the Vikings and the 49ers. If they win, outside of the Cowboy game, they have a very manageable schedule. We would probably need them to lose once to the Giants or to the Bears, which isn't likely.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If the Eagles lose this week, which is totally possible, then the #1 seed is wide open, not just the Cowboys, but also the Vikings and the 49ers. If they win, outside of the Cowboy game, they have a very manageable schedule. We would probably need them to lose once to the Giants or to the Bears, which isn't likely.
San Francisco has lost 4 games already and has a tough schedule coming up. The Vikings schedule looks easy. They have a good chance to finish at 1 seed. If the Eagles had the Vikings schedule the East would be over.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So if egirls lose 2 out of the rest of there games and the vikings lose one game and we run the table then we will get the bye. Not sure if I want it. Sometimes we come out flat after bye week.

This is true but I think the core guys, Dak, Zack, Zeke, DLaw et al having had the experience once before will be better equipped to manage it as well as help their younger teammates manage it. McCarthy has been the coach of the one seed two or three times as well so he would be better equipped to handle it than Garrett was. It's a balancing act to be sure though. Rest vs Rust right.. My bigger concern is the mental make up of this team if they roll into the playoffs on a 9 game win streak. The amount of sunshine being puffed up their arses will light up a solar system. That worries me more than HFA, BYE or anything else. It's one reason I am half hoping they drop at least one more game.. as long as it's not Philly it won't bother me at all.