Playoff pictures could be similar to last year

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
The NFL needs to reseed based on record. Just like last season the 5th seed gets screwed. I think the one seed gets screwed as well like Tennessee did two seasons ago against Cincinnati. San Francisco and Philadelphia would rather play Green Bay, Seattle, New Orlleans, Atlanta instead of the Cowboys.
Makes sense to me!

The 1st seed should get to play the worst team. That's not always necessarily the lowest seed.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Nope. Not even a little bit.
He's probably not wrong.

We struggled around the goal line. Gotta think Henry could have helped in that situation, even if it was only Philly having to respect him as a threat.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
How crazy would this be........
The Cowboys could go 14-3, be the fifth seed like they were last year and be on the road for all three playoff games and the way it looks now the Cowboys will play the sorry Saints or the Falcons in the first round and if they win that game be on the road at most likely the Niners and Eagles.
Winning the Division really matters in the NFL.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
He's probably not wrong.

We struggled around the goal line. Gotta think Henry could have helped in that situation, even if it was only Philly having to respect him as a threat.
Nope. They're not pulling people out of coverage for Henry more than any other back.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
How crazy would this be........
The Cowboys could go 14-3, be the fifth seed like they were last year and be on the road for all three playoff games and the way it looks now the Cowboys will play the sorry Saints or the Falcons in the first round and if they win that game be on the road at most likely the Niners and Eagles.
This is likely to happen.

The bad news: road teams lose in the playoffs.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I don't see the cowboys winning out. They haven't beat a winning team yet. No way they get thru the next month unscathed.

I think the eagles will lose a couple more. You can only win so many close games when the ball bounces your way in the end.
It’s been nice watching Dallas pound on weak teams.

But you are right.

It gets brutal now.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I’m very skeptical about our chances on the road, on grass, versus a top team in January. Another divisional loss looks highly likely. But the streak of consecutive seasons without a NFC title game appearance has to end at some point. Right?

Mr_437

Reaction score
You lose a fight, you go home sharpen your tools and skills then go back and fight again. So, it sounds like a tune up game vs the Falcons...then a revenge tour thru Philly n Santa Clara..perfect.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I remember a team having to go into SF to prove themselves.. worked out pretty good. Would i rather have homefield, sure.. if we have to be road warriors all playoffs then so be it..JUST GET IT DONE

tomsanders921

Reaction score
It’s been nice watching Dallas pound on weak teams.

But you are right.

It gets brutal now.
The cowboys will most likely get the 5 seed. That gives them a favorable wild card round matchup.

But it will be the same road as last year. They will need to win on the road in Philly and San Fran in order to make the Superbowl. That's what happens when u lose to a team like the Cardinals

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL needs to reseed based on record. Just like last season the 5th seed gets screwed. I think the one seed gets screwed as well like Tennessee did two seasons ago against Cincinnati. San Francisco and Philadelphia would rather play Green Bay, Seattle, New Orlleans, Atlanta instead of the Cowboys.
Nope. The schedules between divisions are so different that record means nothing.

CWR

Reaction score
Do the playoff machine on ESPN and that's what plays out.

Dallas the 5th seed vs the NFCS winner. With SF or Philadelphia being the one seed.

Dallas will have to win three road playoff games to be successful.

Three road games to forever change the trajectory of the franchise. This is too good of a team to lose in the divisional round, but until we can prove otherwise here we are.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s a huge advantage. 75+ percent chance of winning home games in the playoffs.
Nope.

Over the last decade, home teams are at .641 overall in the playoffs. But...
Home teams are right at .500, 23-23 in the wildcard round.
In the divisional round, home teams are at .750, but those are the teams who earned byes, which is a huge advantage (and of course, those are the best teams in the conference).
The championship round is interesting. From 2013-2017, home teams were 10-0. From 2018-2022, they were 6-4. So, .800 over the last decade, but not so much recently.

The big advantage is the bye (and, of course, being better than the other teams, which is what gets you the bye), not the mere fact of a home game.

Winning three road games in the playoffs is really difficult, but it has been done 11 times.

DuceizBak

Reaction score
I would say this team is better than they were last year. Especially on the offensive line. Heading into the playoffs (knock on wood) Steele was out. Even if Tyron Smith misses time..we have a solid LG - C - RG combo, which is usually what most elite offensive lines have.

SlingBoy

Reaction score
I agree it is looking a lot like last year. Either an opportunity to right some wrongs or continue the post season misery. I like the 5th seed spot to give us some momentum and fine tune for SF or Flithy. Maybe reverse it this year and play iggles first this time.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
I agree it is looking a lot like last year. Either an opportunity to right some wrongs or continue the post season misery. I like the 5th seed spot to give us some momentum and fine tune for SF or Flithy. Maybe reverse it this year and play iggles first this time.
Which is why I'm rooting for SF next week. I'll be happy if we can at least finally make it to the conference championship game!