Poe & McCoy = starting defensive tackles for the Panthers

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes because the Panthers and Cowboys are exactly the same so let's compare. Sop comparing something that isn't relevant to the Cowboys. So ridiculous.
Where in the flying hell did I compare the Panthers to the Cowboys? Jesus.........

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Panthers defense was just a mess. They switched to a 3-4 without the proper personnel and played McCoy and Poe out of position as 3-4 DEs. I watched quite a few Panthers games and it seemed their opponents would always run away from those two,. If they were in base, they'd run up the middle. The majority of the damage on the ground though was done when they were in nickel and Poe and McCoy would move inside together. The poor outside contain and gap filling of the DEs and LBs got abused in these situations on outside zones where Poe and McCoy were just out of the play by design. Panthers run D had a lot of issues, but putting any majority of blame on these 2 is wrong, IMO. It was a bad scheme with bad personnel.

Edit: They also rotated a lot, and often times had both Poe and McCoy off the field and their run D would get torn to shreds.
Thanks for the info but where did I put the sole issue on those two? I specifically said the opposite of that lol.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
:hammer: I live in NC, so we get all of their games. This is 100% correct. Also... They tried rotating Poe and McCoy out at the same time. When they did this, they brought in Vernon Butler and Marquise Haynes. Those two were absolutely awful against the run.

Same here living in NC.

ultron

Reaction score
So, you think retiring in your prime is a good thing for us? I don't......
Who the F said that? Of course that’s not good for us especially because as of right now we’re on the hook for over $11m

ksg811

Reaction score
Thanks for the info but where did I put the sole issue on those two? I specifically said the opposite of that lol.

Didn't say you were, specifically. It was just a general statement. Many are pure box score watchers and stick to that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Didn't say you were, specifically. It was just a general statement. Many are pure box score watchers and stick to that.
Oh I already know the deal that's why I asked. I only watch the Cowboys eery week. I can not speak about teams I don't watch weekly. I surely wasn't associating that with both of them because like I said Poe only played 11 games.......

Polkton31

Reaction score
Polk have the Mayor of your County put you guys on lock down yet? They have here in the Triad region.

Honestly haven't heard of any lock down yet. In fact, last I heard, there were no new cases in the county since last week. Of course, I have been largely ignoring it. :omg: So, are you in Greensboro, High Point, or Winston Salem?

cowboybish

Reaction score
Gave up 143 rushing yards a game..........

Anyone got to see much of the Panthers play last year?

Now Poe did miss 5 games last year...

DT's aren't the only sole people responsible for defending the run....even though fans on this site believe our s are the reason why they can't defend the run lol.

Maybe if they had both all year the ranking would be better?
Finally got some meat to put between the 2 pieces of bread.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

DT's aren't the only sole people responsible for defending the run....even though fans on this site believe our s are the reason why they can't defend the run lol.

Not defending per say but Carolina had an older defense and had opponents rush 445 times against them, which is the 8th most in the league for 2019.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Can't go by last year because they played with different people under a different DC, under and different DLC under a different SC, under a different HC, etc.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Games that Poe played, they averaged 50 less yards per game on the ground. Tells you something about the value of Poe
Shoot, I first misread that as their opponent averaged less than 50 rush yards in games Poe was in and my eyes got real big.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Honestly haven't heard of any lock down yet. In fact, last I heard, there were no new cases in the county since last week. Of course, I have been largely ignoring it. :omg: So, are you in Greensboro, High Point, or Winston Salem?

I am and the Mayors for all the triad has come out with the lock down.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
They played a 3-4 defense with crap linebackers (other than Luke K) and crap safeties. McCoy played out of position and still had a PFF run D grade of 77 (Maliek collins had one of the lowest in the league at 53). Jaylon smith had 100% identical stats to Luke Kuechley last year. Our linebackers can FLY so this is going to be great.

Soooooo we're just supposed to believe that Eric Reid, Luke, Shaq Thompson, and Tre Boston all are "crap".

Also a reminder to everyone not to base a linebackers play off of their amount of tackles

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Who the F said that? Of course that’s not good for us especially because as of right now we’re on the hook for over $11m

Correct, who said that. It was actually me. See where I'm going here?

Kaiser

Reaction score
Finally got some meat to put between the 2 pieces of bread.

I think its also going to help that those two DTs will just play straight up, beat their man kind of defense instead of Marinelli's style with a lot of stunts and loops. I think the old style works well at times but too many teams had figured out good schemes against us.

It will also put us back in the early days of LVE's career when the DL tied everyone up so LVE and Jaylon were free to run sideline to sideline, which is what they do best.

ultron

Reaction score
Correct, who said that. It was actually me. See where I'm going here?
Seems like we’re having two different conversations, from what I gathered you started off by basically saying Kuechley is washed up & had to retire, and Jaylon’s season wasn’t that good because they had virtually identical stats & now I have no idea what you’re saying.