Poison Ivy

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Runwildboys, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Zone Supporter

31,775 Messages
    60,224 Likes Received
    Yeah, I figured as much when it said it removes the oil. For future use, I guess.

2. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Well-Known Member

6,077 Messages
    20,661 Likes Received
    I couldn't agree more. The shows featuring educational short films are always my favorite. The short about marijuana with Sonny Bono was hilarious. You didn't need to be "blowing grass" to laugh.:laugh:

3. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

6,272 Messages
    4,280 Likes Received
    Before I found that I had a really bad case and went to a clinic that gave me a prescription for a cream that worked pretty well called triamcinolone acetonide. It's steroidal so I use it sparingly.

4. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing

11,140 Messages
    15,959 Likes Received
    Is there anything Cracker Barrel can't do? Love that place

DakPresgoat and Runwildboys like this.
  5. NorthoftheRedRiver

NorthoftheRedRiver Well-Known Member

516 Messages
    836 Likes Received
    Go to your local Doc-in-a-box (or to your GP). They'll give you a steroid pack to deal with it. I've actually had to do two courses of steroids to beat back a bad case. It can be pretty miserable waiting for lotions and over the counter remedies to help.

Runwildboys likes this.
  6. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

24,781 Messages
    29,910 Likes Received
    i thought this was about the sexy batman villian.
    whoops.
    back to the draft.

Runwildboys and DallasEast like this.
  7. cowboyec

24,781 Messages
    29,910 Likes Received
  8. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Moderator

46,342 Messages
    32,809 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Runwildboys and cowboyec like this.
  9. cowboyec

24,781 Messages
    29,910 Likes Received
    she looked hot in the new 52 comics too.

Runwildboys and DallasEast like this.
  10. wrongway

wrongway Well-Known Member

762 Messages
    895 Likes Received
    Yes sir, i also used gasoline when I was in high school. Not the smartest idea but I would do anything to stop that itching.

Runwildboys and DeathMonkey like this.
  11. Runwildboys

31,775 Messages
    60,224 Likes Received
    So I ordered some on Friday, it arrived on Sunday. I used it a couple of times, and the itching is now gone, though that may not be related, since it's more than a week since I got poison ivy...but I like that it has granules in it that scratch the itch without damaging the skin.

morasp likes this.
  12. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

6,272 Messages
    4,280 Likes Received
    Good, glad it helped I was miserable when I got it. I usually shower shortly after I get done mowing and do a good scrub with it. Someone told my wife that Dawn dishwashing detergent is good to wash the oils away once they're loose so I follow with that. It's kind of a hassle but beats the alternative.

Runwildboys likes this.
  13. lukin2006

lukin2006 Well-Known Member

8,532 Messages
    15,056 Likes Received
    :laugh:

14. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.

21,983 Messages
    33,162 Likes Received
    * Bro, yer' way late to that party, as you can enjoy it's effects by Secondary transferred contact, like,say dragging a couple 20 ft. Binding chains thru a patch of it after unloading a backhoe at location& stowing 'em back on yer' rig,,,wait till you party w/ a patch of Oklahoma 'chiggers',,,:lmao2:

Runwildboys likes this.
  15. Runwildboys

31,775 Messages
    60,224 Likes Received
    I know it can stay on some materials for years, but I can't figure out what I touched or wore that might have been corrupted. I finally found some plants around my house, but nowhere that I'd been recently. It barely got my legs at all, so I'm thinking it was the roots I was ripping out, where the skid steer had torn up my lawn.

16. MWH1967

MWH1967 Boys#1 95

4,351 Messages
    5,589 Likes Received
    I got sent home from school one time because I got it on my feet so bad I could not sit still. I took my shoes off and all my teacher saw was me making strange faces. :lmao2: She took me to the office and told the principal I was playing with myself in class.:thumbdown::lmao: When i showed him my feet he said " Good Lord!" and called my dad. You know, that teacher never did apologize to me. oh well.!!

Epson salt will help dry it up as well.
    [​IMG]

Runwildboys likes this.
  17. Winonesoon

Winonesoon Well-Known Member

1,192 Messages
    1,751 Likes Received
    Just so you guys know, this is poison Sumac...[​IMG] Its even more evil than the ivy's.

This is creeping Viriginia...[​IMG] 5 Leaves, looks like the Ivy and Oak but harmless. Just don't eat the berries it produces.

Runwildboys likes this.
  18. catiii

catiii Well-Known Member

2,692 Messages
    3,923 Likes Received
    NO ADVICE EXCEPT TO STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM CLEBURNE STATE PARK. POISON IVY ALL OVER AND HANGING FROM THE TREES SO IT DRIPS DOWN ON YOU. PLUS THE WIFI DON' WORK EXCEPT IN ONE SPOT, NOT NICE FOLKS IN THE OFFICE AND A ROCK CRUSHING PLANT RIGHT NEXT TO IT GOING 24/7 WITH DUST DRIFTING OVER THE PARK NOT TO MENTION THE NOISE FROM THE CRUSHER ALL NIGHT. THIS IS ONE PARK YOU GOTTA SKIP. IT'S PROB THE WORST IN THE ENTIRE SYSTEM WITH BAD SPOTS AS WELL. LOWER CAMPING AREA IS NOTHING BUT A MUD FLAT WITH DUMPSTERS AND FLIES RIGHT BY YOUR CAR. ZERO CELL COVERAGE IF AN EMERGENCY HAPPENED. CAN'T SAY ENOUGH BAD THINGS ABOUT IT. MY HAM RADIO DON'T EVEN WORK THERE. OH AND DON'T *EVEN* TRY TO CHANGE SPOTS CUZ ONE DUDE THERE IS A REAL......WELL YOU KNOW.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    Runwildboys likes this.
  19. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

27,201 Messages
    29,843 Likes Received
    Try colloidal oatmeal to stop the itch. Might work.

1. Poison Ivy doesn't spread. You have touched it again. Only way it can spread is if you spread the oils around, and that's before it ever starts itching. The fluid from the blisters does not spread. That is merely your body's reaction to the oils.
    2. If you've suspected you've touched it, rinse rigorously immediately. Use whatever water you have. Enough water can get rid of the oils if it's immediate.

Love some of the remedies you guys have suggested. Stuff to try if it hits me again.

l often get it from weedeating. If you hit it w/ the weedeater, it splashes all over you.

Runwildboys and gp_cowpolk like this.
  20. DeathMonkey

DeathMonkey Well-Known Member

7,137 Messages
    12,511 Likes Received
    You might try something like Ivy X or Ivy Block. You put it on before and it's supposed to prevent contact between your skin and the oils of Poisons Ivy, Oak, and Sumac. It's not really all that economical if you go out a lot to places that might contain ivy, but if you know you're going into an area with it, it should help.

daboyzruleperiod and kskboys like this.