Polamalu gets into HOF after 5 year retirement; Cowboys Woodson still not in after 15 years

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Eli is in, his numbers are better than John Elway's and yes know the game changed. For QB Joe Willie numbers are terrible, he got in on the guarantee and being the first trendy player.

Number1

Reaction score
Steelers Safety Troy Polamalu just got inducted into the NFL Hall Of Fame after waiting the minimum requirement of 5 years after retirement. Cowboys Safety Darren Woodson has yet to be inducted after waiting for 15 years now after retirement.

neither has Cornell Green and he was better than either of them

it's sick ... the NFL HoF often takes to player hating

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
As usual, you fail at doing proper research. So Loooool at you!

So what are the numbers genius?

Even if you use the average number of PDs he did tally per season (7.2) and project it over the course of his career he'd still be short of Polumalu even having benefited from ~20 extra career games.

Last edited:

cowboyed

Reaction score
I think most of those agree that during his tenure with the Cowboys Jimmy Johnson was a magnificent head coach. But he is not the greatest head coach that walked the earth nor has he a full proof secondary defensive scheme. Those that strongly disagree, hey, that's cool, that's why we yap in here.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So what are the numbers genius?
For starters, Woodson had a lot more than 967 total tackles, compared to Polamalu's measly 783.

Screenshot-20200202-111044-Chrome.jpg

As you can correctly see, Woodson actually had a total of 1,350 tackles, not the false 967 y'all were disrespectfully crediting him with. This means Woodson made 567 more tackles than Polamalu. Huge difference considering Woodson only played in 20 more games than Polamalu did.

There are more stats that y'all got wrong, but I'm not going to do your homework for you.

Once again, it's you same bunch always quick to berate Cowboys players while praising other teams' players. Makes me wonder if y'all are truly Cowboys fans? :huh:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
For starters, Woodson had a lot more than 967 total tackles, compared to Polamalu's measly 783.

As you can correctly see, Woodson actually had a total of 1,350 tackles, not the false 967 y'all were disrespectfully crediting him with. This means Woodson made 567 more tackles than Polamalu. Huge difference considering Woodson only played in 20 more games than Polamalu did.

There are more stats that y'all got wrong, but I'm not going to do your homework for you.

Once again, it's you same bunch always quick to berate Cowboys players while praising other teams' players. Makes me wonder if y'all are truly Cowboys fans? :huh:

Of course you're trying to hang your hat on tackles which is an UNOFFICIAL STATISTIC because they are subjective and don't provide any context genius as to the actual impact on the field, lool.

The fact that has to be explained to you is telling.

Beyond anything else, it brings joy to me that there's a faction of braindead idiot fans that actually get their feelings hurt and feel there's a bias and league agenda against the Cowboys.

Thank you for the comedy relief. You do have a purpose.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
For having such a big mouth, some are mighty ignorant. You say Polamalu was more impactful during 20 lesser games, yet Woodson had 184 more tackles (and that's not accurately including passes defensed which I'm sure were a lot more than the 86 career you are guesstimating for him). Tackling is the #1 impact when it comes to playing defense, and Woodson definitely had much more than Polamalu. Add in Woodson's passes defensed, which I'm sure were overall a lot more than Polamalu's career 107 since you only considered Woodson's last 5 years where he definitely would have been lesser due to age and wear-and-tear, Woodson's passes defensed would definitely have been much more than Polamalu's 107 since we all know Woodson was the better, bigger and faster Safety on the field when it came to coverage. That to me (more total tackling and coverage numbers) tells me Woodson was more impactful than Polamalu was.

Tackling is more impactful on defense and not takeaways? LOL. It's already widely known that you're a joke on here so I don't need to elaborate on the numbers. Polamalu's are clearly superior which is why no one whining wanted to post them. You start the thread talking about Super Bowl titles and then when the numbers are presented you find the one Woodson is better at and then harp on that as the determinate. Again, you're a joke.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Of course you're trying to hang your hat on tackles which is an UNOFFICIAL STATISTIC because they are subjective and don't provide any context genius as to the actual impact on the field, lool.

The fact that has to be explained to you is telling.

Beyond anything else, it brings joy to me that there's a faction of braindead idiot fans that actually get their feelings hurt and feel there's a bias and league agenda against the Cowboys.

Thank you for the comedy relief. You do have a purpose.
Those "unofficial" stats actually come from the NFL's website, so you can take your ignorant comment and shove it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Tackling is more impactful on defense and not takeaways? LOL. It's already widely known that you're a joke on here so I don't need to elaborate on the numbers. Polamalu's are clearly superior which is why no one whining wanted to post them. You start the thread talking about Super Bowl titles and then when the numbers are presented you find the one Woodson is better at and then harp on that as the determinate. Again, you're a joke.
The only joke here is those who post misleading stats to prop themselves up with while bashing on a Cowboys great player. Go away troll.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

What a fool you are. First, you use Wikipedia for football stats which is mistake number 1. Then you foolishly don't even scroll down to where the yearly stats are to see that the 1,350 number doesn't match the 864 they have listed. Something is just wrong with you. But we do enjoy it here so carry on. LOL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Woodson

z7seci2m4v06a1i6g.jpg

EST_1986

Reaction score
Lol, I believe Darren is HOF worthy but the homers acting like Polumalu getting in ahead of him is some slight are deranged.

Polumalu
158 games
32 INTs (3 TDs)
107 PDs
14 FFs (2 TDs on fumble returns)
12 sacks
56 TFL

Woodson
178 games
23 INTs (2 TDs)
36 PDs
12 FFs
11 sacks
26 TFL

It’s not even close.

Those bringing up Super Bowl wins are morons; the HOF is about individual achievement, not how many Super Bowl teams you’ve been on. I’d also say some of these same guys were trying to discount Eli Manning’s Super Bowl rings when talking about his HOF candidacy.
This x1000000

EST_1986

Reaction score

I have 4,732,092 career tackles and a 84 time MVP according to Wikipedia

EST_1986

Reaction score
Polamalu was a better safety.

8x Pro-Bowler, 4x first team all-pro, 2x second team all-pro, DPOY, 00s all-decade player. Woodson was a great player, will be a HOF one day, but not first ballot.

It is what it is.
He’s was extremely better. Generational talent. Love Woodson but he isn’t better than Polamalu