Polamalu gets into HOF after 5 year retirement; Cowboys Woodson still not in after 15 years

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He’s was extremely better. Generational talent. Love Woodson but he isn’t better than Polamalu

Basically the JJ Watt of safeties. This doesn't mean I don't think Cowboys shouldn't be shaking their head about Woodson waiting 15 years, I'm sure he was better than some that got in before him, but this just isn't the year. I get it.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Woodson belongs in the HOF yesterday. He was a dominant force. But this is how the NFL treats our franchise on a fairly regular basis.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Woodson belongs in the HOF yesterday. He was a dominant force. But this is how the NFL treats our franchise on a fairly regular basis.

Which is why 2 Cowboys got in this year and Jerry and Gil Brandt in recent years, huh? Woe is us! Lol.

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Those "unofficial" stats actually come from the NFL's website, so you can take your ignorant comment and shove it.

Educate yourself instead of being purposefully ignorant:

Tackles. We have tackle data for all players who were active in 1994 or later. Prior to 1994, the tackle data is unofficial, inconsistently recorded from team to team, and incomplete in our database. Also, before 1994, some teams recorded assists while others didn't, so we have lumped tackles plus assists together in the tackles column for those years. From 1994 to present, tackles remain an unofficial stat, but are recorded consistently and should be complete in our database.

Do Tackle Statistics Matter?
https://www.sports-central.org/sports/2018/03/06/do_tackle_statistics_matter.php

The NFL’s Make-Believe Stat
https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10000872396390444897304578044610803692432

The farce of tackling: Why is such a fundamental stat so elusive?
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...l-tackling-history-stat-leaders-lavonte-david

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Polamalu was a better safety.

8x Pro-Bowler, 4x first team all-pro, 2x second team all-pro, DPOY, 00s all-decade player. Woodson was a great player, will be a HOF one day, but not first ballot.

It is what it is.

Exactly.

Woodson is a HOFer in my opinion, but to try and act indignant about Polamalu getting in over him as if he was undeserving is silly.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
When you start naming off the candidates for greatest safety ever, Polamalu is on a VERY short list. To act all indignant about him getting into the HOF is just plain stupid.

Yes, Woodson deserves to get in some day. Yes, Polamalu was a 1st ballot HOFer all the way. The two are not mutually exclusive.

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
I don’t have a problem with Polamalu getting in. I have a big problem with Tim McDonald being in over Woodson. They were contemporaries and Woodson was better. If McDonald didn’t go to the 49ers he wouldn’t be in...

Ron12

Reaction score
Only the Idiots on here think Polamalu is at the top of the safety list is nuts plain & simple !

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Only the Idiots on here think Polamalu is at the top of the safety list is nuts plain & simple !
I honestly don't know what you meant to say here. Are you saying the people who think he is at the top of the list are idiots, or are you saying only idiots think putting him at the top is nuts?

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Woody is one of my all time favorite Cowboys but I imagine if you looked at the numbers Troys are better. I was thinking with the clog at safety being cleared up I think maybe Woody might have a better chance.

quickccc

Reaction score
maybe a bigger case could be made for Woodson vs Steve Atwater than Polamalu - who style of playmaking was far more splashier and specatcualr than
Woodson , also oi believe Polamalu had more All pro honaries than Woody, and mayeb that also played a big part in it.

But it's not Woody not getting in HOF that bugs me this year more so it should have been been Drew Pearson ...even at a later expense of Jimmie johnson and cliff harris.
i really hope sympathy and politics gets Drew in next year. ...if it has to take that .

817Gill

Reaction score
200w_d.gif
:laugh::laugh: I love that movie man I can quote the heck out of it

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Steelers Safety Troy Polamalu just got inducted into the NFL Hall Of Fame after waiting the minimum requirement of 5 years after retirement. Cowboys Safety Darren Woodson has yet to be inducted after waiting for 15 years now after retirement.

How many Super Bowls did each win?

Polamalu: 2
Woodson: 3

What gives? Something is not right up in Canton, Ohio! :mad:

Individuals do not win Super Bowls. Polamalu was simply the better player.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Which is why 2 Cowboys got in this year and Jerry and Gil Brandt in recent years, huh? Woe is us! Lol.

I agree that it would have been unusual if Dallas had got in Johnson, Harris, Pearson and Woodson all in one year. It would have been cool, but just wasn't likely.

I think the problem most fans have with Pearson and Woodson not being selected is the amount of time, not necessarily that they didn't make it this year. Pearson should have been in a long time ago. Woodson ... I can understand the arguments against him although I believe he should have gotten in by now as well.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Steelers Safety Troy Polamalu just got inducted into the NFL Hall Of Fame after waiting the minimum requirement of 5 years after retirement. Cowboys Safety Darren Woodson has yet to be inducted after waiting for 15 years now after retirement.

Surely you understand Super Bowl wins aren't the only criteria

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Polamalu was clearly a better player. More picks, more all pro, more probowl. It isn't even close.