Police Brutality/False Arrest Advocate, Antonio Buehler, Gets Arrested Again

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
A newly surfaced video shows a local activist being arrested for the second time after filming Austin Police Officers.

Antonio Buehler was booked into the Travis County Jail Sunday morning for interfering with police.

Now, APD is speaking out about the incident and is considering a policy change because of it.

Police say the incident happened just after 1 a.m. Sunday. Commander Troy Gay says officers were responding to a disturbance call between a male and a female. During a routine check, they discovered the male had a warrant out for his arrest.

While officers were walking the man to a nearby processing center, police say, things got out of hand.

http://www.weareaustin.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_3763.shtml

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I have zero sympathy as an ex cop. It's a tough enough job without people looking to cause trouble.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
jobberone;4690300 said:
I have zero sympathy as an ex cop. It's a tough enough job without people looking to cause trouble.

Now they are trying to implement a 50 foot rule, where people filming have to be 50 feet away. Our department here is beyond embarrassing.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I don't think Buehler did anything wrong. He wasn't saying anything, was well clear from the incident and was not hindering police from what they were doing.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Another do-nothing messing with people doing a job.
There's a fine line between doing their job and being abusive, we all know this. But self-righteous arses looking over their shoulder is more likely to incur resentment. None of us would appreciate that in our jobs, why do some think it's ok to do it to the police?

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;4690300 said:
This is not a jab at you, but I applaud anyone filming the Cops IN PUBLIC where they have the right to. Lord knows there are enough crooked cops. I'm sure you've worked with 1 or 2, yeah?

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Rynie;4690846 said:
This is not a jab at you, but I applaud anyone filming the Cops IN PUBLIC where they have the right to. Lord knows there are enough crooked cops. I'm sure you've worked with 1 or 2, yeah?

The problem is the percentage doesn't warrant the action. If you live on a street with '1 or 2' corrupt people, do you want your every move recorded?

There are millions of police officers in this country. If crooked cops were the problem many would like to make it out to be we'd have been done by now as a society. As we can see many don't like it when people take the law in their hands when acting in vengeance, so why we do we want vigilante's in this matter? If anyone suspects abuse report it and follow up.

This issue is probably subjective, based on how people have perceived their own treatments at the hands of cops. I don't agree with agitating police while they work at all.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
We have our license plates scanned, monitored on CCTV, data entered in Govt databases, facial recognition, drones, NSA wiretaps; GPS data monitored—and your worried about cops being videotaped? Give me a freaking break.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Denim Chicken;4690892 said:
We have our license plates scanned, monitored on CCTV, data entered in Govt databases, facial recognition, drones, NSA wiretaps; GPS data monitored—and your worried about cops being videotaped? Give me a freaking break.

I'm more concerned with some instigator than anything else.

There's really no need to posit police as the enemy and if these other things mentioned are bothersome, by all means protest and lodge a complaint. Are we going to go tit-for-tat with police?

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
:clap2: :clap2: :thumbup:

rocboy22

Reaction score
I would be mad about this guy's actions if I was the one getting arrested, but not if I was the cops.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

Beat me to it.

If they are not doing anything wrong they have nothing to worry about. Right?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Rynie;4690846 said:

You are just a cop hater w/ the tattoo of a man on his body. :D

There is nothing wrong w/ having to have a buffer to do ones job. Just the OP posting more cop hate. True, some cops need some issues raised about there interactions during arrests, but lets be clear, most cops are NOT bad cops.

Sadly a couple of bad ones do spoil things up a bit.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
vta;4690899 said:
I'm more concerned with some ******* of an instigator than anything else.

There's really no need to posit police as the enemy and if these other things mentioned are bothersome, by all means protest and lodge a complaint. Are we going to go tit-for-tat with police?

Im referring more to the hypocritcy of wiretapping laws in general than to this individuals actions.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
20 feet gap between cops and the person filming. 50 seems ridiculous. if you film within 20 feet, a cop can taze you. :D

problem solved.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Dallas;4690926 said:

There is nothing wrong w/ having to have a buffer to do ones job. Just the OP posting more cop hate. True, some cops need some issues raised about there interactions during arrests, but lets be clear, most cops are NOT bad cops.

In this case, if you don't clean up your own house, you shouldn't complain when someone else has to.

The damage done by a bad cop is way out of proportion to the percentage of bad ones that exist.

It's a tough job, underpaid in many instances. I worked for a business run by the wife of a policeman. Heard her complaining to him once that he'd lost the super Maglite flashlight she'd gotten him. He said he had forgotten it in his locker, and it was stolen. I asked him about this, and in a moment of candor he said that you couldn't leave stuff in your unlocked locker at police HQ, or it would disappear. This was in Austin, Texas. That pretty much told me what I needed to know.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Denim Chicken;4690927 said:
Im referring more to the hypocritcy of wiretapping laws in general than to this individuals actions.

There's a lot worse going on, that I really can't comment on without getting political, regarding wiretapping and all the other junk that are infringing upon our freedoms.

As it stands now, police are generally local people doing a job and if we have to fight any kind of mistreatment of our rights, we'd do better to aim higher and keep the local people on our side. I've had my run-in's with unreasonable cops, but I know my experiences don't create an entire image of the whole and I don't agree with this guys tact.

This Beuhler guy seems like a pretty smart guy, from what I've read of him and I don't really get why he would go this route. He'll have his supporters, but on this tact, he'll have the people he's acting against and a good portion of some he thinks he's acting for holding negative views of him and his actions.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas;4690926 said:

Ah look, I have a new fan following me from thread to thread hurling insults at me. I'm sorry I called you out on your dragon pic. It's a cool dragon! :D

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
vta;4690863 said:
The problem is the percentage doesn't warrant the action. If you live on a street with '1 or 2' corrupt people, do you want your every move recorded?

There are millions of police officers in this country. If crooked cops were the problem many would like to make it out to be we'd have been done by now as a society. As we can see many don't like it when people take the law in their hands when acting in vengeance, so why we do we want vigilante's in this matter? If anyone suspects abuse report it and follow up.

This issue is probably subjective, based on how people have perceived their own treatments at the hands of cops. I don't agree with agitating police while they work at all.

I'm sure you also agree that police should not abuse their power.

I remember back before I knew my rights, some friends and I went down to a local beach, we were in university I believe. We got out of the car and some cop walked up to me and demanded to look in my bag, asking what was in it. I said, their called clothes. He insisted on looking, saw there was nothing in it, so he left. He had no reasonable and probably cause, just felt like pushing his weight around.

Now I would know to ask him what his reasonable and probably cause allegedly was before his search.

I don't agree with the police policing themselves as that is open to coverup etc.