Police Brutality/False Arrest Advocate, Antonio Buehler, Gets Arrested Again

rocboy22

Reaction score
Rynie;4691059 said:
[URL="http://i459.***BLOCKED***/albums/qq317/RynieRynie/cops.gif"]http://i459.***BLOCKED***/albums/qq317/RynieRynie/cops.gif[/URL]

can we get this guy on our kick and punt coverage????:lmao:

ethiostar

Reaction score
Rynie;4691059 said:
http://i459.***BLOCKED***/albums/qq317/RynieRynie/cops.gifhttp://i459.***BLOCKED***/albums/qq317/RynieRynie/cops.gif

What the hell?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Rynie;4691021 said:
Ah look, I have a new fan following me from thread to thread hurling insults at me. I'm sorry I called you out on your dragon pic. It's a cool dragon! :D

:laugh2: Ok ok....I'll play nice. ;)

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
That is worse than one of our VPD cops kicking some suspect who was already handcuffed right in the chest.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
And guess what...luckily someone was there to film that. More than likely that cop got suspended, which he deserved. He may have gotten away with it otherwise.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Rynie;4691089 said:
And guess what...luckily someone was there to film that. More than likely that cop got suspended, which he deserved. He may have gotten away with it otherwise.

Exactly. I don't think folks have issus w/ citizens filming these arrests but at the same time I dont think its to much to ask from the city that their officers have space to work in.

It's sad there are idiot cops. I just try to keep an open mind that most cops are just doing the job and aren't out to harm folks intentionally behind the badge.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4690709 said:
Now they are trying to implement a 50 foot rule, where people filming have to be 50 feet away. Our department here is beyond embarrassing.

If I'm reading you correctly we are opposite ends of the spectrum. We don't need people harassing the police or any public worker for that matter. Used to be others would step in and end that kind of stuff in a hurry.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
vta;4690986 said:
There's a lot worse going on, that I really can't comment on without getting political, regarding wiretapping and all the other junk that are infringing upon our freedoms.

As it stands now, police are generally local people doing a job and if we have to fight any kind of mistreatment of our rights, we'd do better to aim higher and keep the local people on our side. I've had my run-in's with unreasonable cops, but I know my experiences don't create an entire image of the whole and I don't agree with this guys tact.

This Beuhler guy seems like a pretty smart guy, from what I've read of him and I don't really get why he would go this route. He'll have his supporters, but on this tact, he'll have the people he's acting against and a good portion of some he thinks he's acting for holding negative views of him and his actions.

I agree and recognize the suggestion, however; I feel it important in any jurisdiction to have the enforcement sect subject to the same standards of investigation and punishment as the civilian population, as not to set up an division between the two. Though, perhaps that is what is being purposefully arranged.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Rynie;4691059 said:
[URL="http://i459.***BLOCKED***/albums/qq317/RynieRynie/cops.gif"]http://i459.***BLOCKED***/albums/qq317/RynieRynie/cops.gif[/URL]

Her/his legs are covered in mud, .. we don't know what activity they have been involved in.

It looks brutal, .. but without knowing what happened prior to this, how can we know if it was warranted or not.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4691202 said:
Her/his legs are covered in mud, .. we don't know what activity they have been involved in.

It looks brutal, .. but without knowing what happened prior to this, how can we know if it was warranted or not.

Doesn't matter. If she did something illegal, there is protocol when arresting someone. That right there is straight up police brutality.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Rynie;4690846 said:
This is not a jab at you, but I applaud anyone filming the Cops IN PUBLIC where they have the right to. Lord knows there are enough crooked cops. I'm sure you've worked with 1 or 2, yeah?

No I haven't worked with anybody I thought was a bad cop. But I didn't work for twenty years at it. Are there bad cops? I'm sure there are. Depends on your definition. Are there crooked cops? Probably but it's not TV or Serpico.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4690709 said:
Now they are trying to implement a 50 foot rule, where people filming have to be 50 feet away. Our department here is beyond embarrassing.

I don't understand this statement. It's embarrassing because they want 50 feet between you and the arrest they are making. Exactly what is embarrassing about that? They are making an arrest. Back up. You don't need to be right on top of them while they do their work. You can still see what is happening from 50 feet away.

Besides, it isn't always safe to be near an arrest. You have no idea what the perp is going to do.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Here's the original quote:

I have zero sympathy as an ex cop. It's a tough enough job without people looking to cause trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobberone http://cowboyszone.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif
I have zero sympathy as an ex cop. It's a tough enough job without oversight and accountability.

Denim Chicken;4690898 said:
Fixed that for you :rolleyes:

http://l.thumbs.canstockphoto.com/canstock2317446.jpg
Policing & Society, Vol. 16, No. 2, June 2006, pp. 99

Asymmetry in the Impact of Encounters with Police

Wesley G. Skogan

This article examines the impact of personal experience on popular assessments of the quality of police service. Following past research, it addresses the influences of personal and neighbourhood factors on confidence in the police. It then focuses on the additional impact of positive and negative personal experiences with the police. Several studies of police encounters with the public have noted that the relationship between how people recall being treated and their general confidence in the police may be asymmetrical. At its worst, the police may get essentially no credit for delivering professional service, while bad experiences can deeply influence peoples’ views of their performance and even legitimacy. This proposition is tested using survey data on police-initiated and citizen- initiated contacts with police in Chicago. The findings indicate that the impact of having a bad experience is four to fourteen times as great as that of having a positive experience, and the coefficients associated with having a good experience including being treated fairly and politely, and receiving service that was prompt and helpful were not statistically different from zero. Another section of the article replicates this finding using surveys of residents of seven other urban areas located in three different countries. The article concludes that this is bad news indeed for police administrators intent on solidifying their support among voters, taxpayers and the consumers of police services.
Keywords: Impact Police and Citizen Contacts

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm not cleaning up any more posts due to language. From the forum rules: 4 - You will not include profanity or non-family friendly language in your posts.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4691202 said:

Simple, clubbing his head against the wall could never be justified unless the guy was threatening the cop and he wasn't.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Rynie;4691256 said:
Doesn't matter. If she did something illegal, there is protocol when arresting someone. That right there is straight up police brutality.

Maybe. Maybe not. Depends on what occurred previous to that. If you are running from the police then you are taking your life in your hands. Sure there is appropriate response but they aren't going to screw around with you fleeing from justice because its too easy to be harmed and innocent bystanders to be injured or killed. And you never know when someone has a weapon or when they will use it. What was that she put into her blouse. Was it a weapon?

Your agenda is crystal clear. But you can only see things from one side. You lack the wisdom to see both sides of the equation. Or you don't care about the cops who are killed and injured making arrests.

You can have the last word.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4691290 said:
Simple, clubbing his head against the wall could never be justified unless the guy was threatening the cop and he wasn't.

His? Looks like a her to me..............

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;4691300 said:
Your agenda is crystal clear. But you can only see things from one side. You lack the wisdom to see both sides of the equation. Or you don't care about the cops who are killed and injured making arrests.

You can have the last word.

I know I'm coming off as a cop-hater, but that's not the case. Growing up, I had SEVEN policemen that lived in my neighborhood, including the Captain of the police department. All very good, honorable people. A guy at the end of my street became a cop too, but he was crooked. He finally got fired, after several incidences. He's planted evidence. He got caught having phone sex while on duty, and had a hit-and-run while he was in the squad car. HE RAN. I've also been pulled over in my city by COUNTLESS jerk cops. Now, I get that they deal with the scum of the earth, but I'm nothing but cooperative and respectful to police when I get pulled over. I don't think it's asking too much for a little respect. Reciprocity can go a long way.