FEATURED Poll: Grade the Cowboys off-season

What grade would you give the FO for this year’s off-season free agency, draft and contracts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With training camp and pre-season at its beginning, looking back on the spring off-season of free agency, the draft and contracts, what grade would you give the Cowboys front office? I’m using a traditional A-F grading scale.

Tell us why you issued the grade assigned.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I gave a fat F, not because of free agency or the players now trying to make the team, but because they can't get the QB situation figured out, and that is going to be the decisive problem with the team until that distraction is resolved.

Cowboy on three! 1...2...ah forget it.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I give it an F.

When you have a decent core of veterans at several positions and your FO says we are “at the rim” and then make almost zero effort to make the team better in FA, leave the draft without a RB. Not good. And after a humiliating first round home playoff loss, refuse to make decisions about 3 key players while leaving the HC and his staff on one year cliff hanger contracts…it’s a disaster a la 2010.

JBS

Reaction score
Fair grades in here

I’m between a D and an F myself

tunahelper

Reaction score
I give it an F.

When you have a decent core of veterans at several positions and your FO says we are “at the rim” and then make almost zero effort to make the team better in FA, leave the draft without a RB. Not good. And after a humiliating first round home playoff loss, refuse to make decisions about 3 key players while leaving the HC and his staff on one year cliff hanger contracts…it’s a disaster a la 2010.
Agree 100%. Unacceptable management of the team.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I gave it a D. Because I like a few of the draft picks, otherwise it would be an F.
Abysmal off-season. Did not address RB or DT, adequately all off season, refusing to bolster the team at all.
It's like this front office is playing the court of popular opinion with the players and coaches.
It's an abysmal off season.
The old - deals get done at the deadline crap, is wearing thin on players, staff, and fans.
And Jerries press conferences have become cringe worthy - he is the new Al Davis.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
D

The only reason it is not an outright F is that I am giving them the benefit of the doubt on the draft.

The GB loss coupled with a goose egg in terms of positive changes this offseason has resulted in 2024 being a cluster-cuss thus far.

ArtClink

Reaction score
I give it an F.

This. And you were right that the most humiliating playoff loss in decades did absolutely nothing to motivate Jerry to mk fundamental changes required to get us past the div round.

Now it looks like this season will not even produce a playoff team. Gotta love the Jones boys.

plymkr

Reaction score
I’m going with D. The franchise’s dysfunction was in full display starting the minute the playoffs ended. Players’ families bad mouthing players on social media, no discernible plan observed, bunch of one liners and word salad, fans and players left in limbo of the future due to FO lack of transparency. To add insult to injury we had to wait for Jerry to finish his paternity case so he can do his usual yearly press conference. That was a microcosm of how football gets in the way of being a celebrity and the culture of this team. This offseason has been a complete disaster and very disappointing and discouraging. I guess it’s pretty obvious at this point I’m not excited about this team right now.

I would have gone with F but I do think we had a very solid draft. I do feel this draft will serve us well moving forward but that’s about all I’m happy with right now.

Desperado

Reaction score
I gave a C. Because if they are cleaning house, and using this as a reset year, then they are doing fine. If they get a new contract for Dak & MM, then they get an F-. Not because I hate them or anything, just that they picked the most expensive possible path to keep status quo, which is not a recipe for success.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I gave it a D.

Though the draft seems like they did very well, on paper.
It was the lack of non existent FA period, other than some of their own players. Which was expected. However they also allowed many to leave for which some were expected.

However the lack of even trying to keep them showed they just did not want to Improve the team. Only relying on the draft and past drafts. I can understand that to a degree. But to completely ignore it. Just seems odd.

Then the lack of trying to get CeeDee signed. I understand not getting to Parsons yet.
Dak is the most baffling. As we really do not know if it is Dak and his agent or the FO or both.
By saying they want a deal done just more lip flack. Or do they really just want to let him play out his contract and go from there.

I would like to give it a C but I just can’t do it.

Praxit

Reaction score
....I came to conclusion of grade "C"..

The additions of Zimmer, Kendricks. Not happy they did nothing to keep Hanky.

If Mazi dosent cut it. We're in trouble again.