FEATURED Poll: Grade the Cowboys off-season

What grade would you give the FO for this year’s off-season free agency, draft and contracts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alicetooljam

Reaction score
F

They simply failed to move the needle after a sad showing in the playoffs at home. They cant expect anyone to think they took their RB need seriously with just an Elliott signing. They moved on from him for a reason and think they can sell this as an upgrade a year later/older? Questionable middle of the defense, still. So many questions heading into this season and beyond right now.

I will never cheer for another team, but I honestly dont know how many games Ill watch (especially live or in full) this year...
I miss football, but Im not excited to watch this team or support this front office.

Last edited:

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
An uninspired F, from an uninspired organization that hasn't even blinked since the humiliating loss against Green Bay. Status quo, only even less this offseason.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Made NO attempt to solve Dak, CeeDee and Parsons contracts.
They don’t have to worry about Parsons until after this season, but to say, they may know attempt to solve Dak and CeeDee’s contracts wouldn’t be accurate. They’ve been working on them, but it takes two sides to make a deal.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With training camp and pre-season at its beginning, looking back on the spring off-season of free agency, the draft and contracts, what grade would you give the Cowboys front office? I’m using a traditional A-F grading scale.

Tell us why you issued the grade assigned.
I give it a TBD. I mean how can you judge their offseason when the season hasn’t even played out yet?

stiletto

Reaction score
Devil's Advocate vote of an AAAA+++. No bad signings, NO insane Inmates running the asylum contracts. Take a pause and EVAL. After the Green Bay debacle. 100% justified.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Devil's Advocate vote of an AAAA+++. No bad signings, NO insane Inmates running the asylum contracts. Take a pause and EVAL. After the Green Bay debacle. 100% justified.
Johnny Walker Black, Blue or Red?

cristglo

Reaction score
I gave it a D and thats being generous. The draft can pan out but FA was awful

cowboybish

Reaction score
With training camp and pre-season at its beginning, looking back on the spring off-season of free agency, the draft and contracts, what grade would you give the Cowboys front office? I’m using a traditional A-F grading scale.

Tell us why you issued the grade assigned.
I gave them a D. There is so much up in the air going in the training camp between contracts and lack of free agent signings. they think picking up players in the USFL is the answer put together a great roster. I think their draft was good, but other than that, even on that, we’ll have to wait and see.

shabazz

Reaction score
I give it an F.

When you have a decent core of veterans at several positions and your FO says we are “at the rim” and then make almost zero effort to make the team better in FA, leave the draft without a RB. Not good. And after a humiliating first round home playoff loss, refuse to make decisions about 3 key players while leaving the HC and his staff on one year cliff hanger contracts…it’s a disaster a la 2010.
I gave the draft a decent grade because perhaps in the long run they were trying to build a new offensive line and at least that makes sense for the next quarterback not getting subpar protection

But the Free Agency though............

quickccc

Reaction score
I give it an F.

When you have a decent core of veterans at several positions and your FO says we are “at the rim” and then make almost zero effort to make the team better in FA, leave the draft without a RB. Not good. And after a humiliating first round home playoff loss, refuse to make decisions about 3 key players while leaving the HC and his staff on one year cliff hanger contracts…it’s a disaster a la 2010.

i gave it a D".... instead of an F" because we added a very noted DC in Mike Zimmer after Dan Quinn departed - i'm defnitely good with this DC addition.

And i'm trying to be open and fair about the 2024 NFL draft class- despite no regarded rookie RB which greatly disappointed me, but we need to
see what becomes of this rookie draft class contribution.

I'm trying not to let my offseason disappointment to cloud my poll decision this greatly