Poll: What do you do with Dak if you're the GM of the Cowboys?

Poll: What road do you prefer for Dak's future with the Cowboys?

• Extend

• Post June 1st cut.

• Let him play out his last year of his contract to prove it or lose it..

Results are only viewable after voting.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
No way to trade him and his contract to Pittsburgh, Atlanta or somewhere they need a serviceable QB?
Dak and his agent are not stupid, they would only waive the no trade clause if the team trading for him offered him a new contract as well.

Think about it this way, if he is not going to get a new extension, why would he waive his clause to play for a lessor team than the Cowboys? This team has enough talent and the NFC East sucks so bad that the Cowboys have a good chance to win the division almost by default this season. Coming off a playoff season and hitting free agency would be an immediate cash in opportunity for him.

Going to a scrub team and winning 5 games before hitting free agency would lower his value.

So, why would he and his agent accept a trade to a scrub team if a new extension is not part of the deal? He would be better off playing here and hitting free agency next season.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Regardless of anyone's stance on Dak as a QB this poll is pretty revealing about the popularity of Dak with only 18% of fans saying to just extend the guy no matter what.

Looking back at his jersey sales it's pretty interesting as well. On one had I believe he was somewhere in the top 10 in total jersey sales by some metric (Cant find the data to confirm though), but on the other he really only sold a ton of merch was when he was playing lights out on national TV around Thanksgiving. The rest of the year he was outside of the top 10 sellers each week. Meanwhile Micah/Lamb were both consistent big sellers week after week. I know it doesn't mean much in terms of his abilities as a player but it is interesting that the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys may have some marketability/likability issues. Maybe it's because hes a veteran player and most Dak fans already have jerseys???
Soccer fans from Mexico buy his jersey

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I'm 100% on board with this, but are you willing to sacrifice what the Chiefs did to put that defense together?
When Mahomes is your QB and Reid is your coach, the sacrifice comes with just a little less risk. Not sure it would work for us.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
If he plays harball, cut your losses and cut him or bench him for Lance. This would probably get him to waive his no trade clause. If he gives in to a team friendly deal, sign him to a prove yourself contract and continue to build around him with the cap savings.
welcome aboard the hate train.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Guess you did do prison time as it is evident you have expertise on the Lord splits?
Let me guess you probably know how to make a grilled cheese sandwich on the radiator? :muttley:

BURP.....................
You served time with Phil Leotardo? At least he only did 20 years, we are still serving a sentence of 28 years and counting...

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We are all pretty much aware by now of what choices the F/O has concerning the upcoming deadline of March 13th for Dak's possible extension.
You're the GM what would your choice be?
can you show me how to do a poll sheesh!!!!! I promise I'll do 1 per year!!