Poll: What do you do with Dak if you're the GM of the Cowboys?

Poll: What road do you prefer for Dak's future with the Cowboys?

• Extend

• Post June 1st cut.

• Let him play out his last year of his contract to prove it or lose it..

Results are only viewable after voting.

Qcard

Reaction score
Watching Dak Haters polls... Remember 90% of the fan base agree :laugh: :laugh:

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Here’s my thing: If Atlanta is willing to trade significant capital for Justin Fields, then the Cowboys should step in and let Dak know he can either sit this year so they can evaluate Trey or he can accept a trade to Atlanta. Atlanta would trade at least as much for Dak as they would Fields
Just based on age, expense, and the fact that if Dallas is offering him the Cowboys are ready to move on, they need only wait for him to be cut. Then they need only outbid all other teams to get him. No compensation to Dallas. Cowboys fans have to come to terms with the fact it is what Todd France thinks, not what Jerry and Dak think. He represents Justin Jefferson, too. And he’s going to get him THE top of market contract. He’ll do the same for Prescott. Would he like either of them to win a Super Bowl? Sure. But he doesn’t get a ring. So he really doesn’t give a ****. He’s getting 3% and he’s going to make sure that 3% is as much as it possibly can be. France is smarter than the Wilfs, the Joneses, Dak, and Justin put together. He wants to attract clients to Athletes First. If he cannot get the quarterback who led the NFL in touchdown passes and was 2nd in MVP voting the “top of market deal” what NFL player is going to entrust his financial potential to him? No player would and Athletes First would probably show him the door. Stop with the trade potential nonsense. France wanted the no trade clause specifically for this moment. The moment has arrived. He’s about to cash in and boost his status among NFL players. He probably didn’t even watch the Super Bowl.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I am not paying him $60 million a year so there is no point killing this season's CAP on a prove-it deal.

From what I understand, they are in even bigger CAP trouble in 2025, so I would cut my losses and draft a QB.

Making a QB who has shown he can't carry his team in the postseason the highest-paid player in the league is foolish.

In my opinion, all they are doing is pushing the pain down the road the same way they did with Jason Garrett and setting the franchise back another 5 years.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
https://overthecap.com/player/dak-prescott/4848

This is my general understanding:
Cowboys do nothing: Dak has a $59.5m cap hit
Cowboys post June 1 cut: Dak has a $24.5m cap hit this year, $24.5m next year and $11m in the 3rd year.
Cowboys pre June 1 trade: Dak will have a $61m cap hit this year and then gone.
Cowboys trigger restructure option: Dak's cap hit goes down to $40m and then he is a free agent while still hitting the cap in his void years
Cowboys extend: Dak's cap hit likely is somewhere between that $40m and $60m number.

Overall, the lowest the Cowboys can drive Dak's cap hit is to pull the restructure option and not extend him I THINK. If they really plan on dumping McCarthy if they flunk out, they might as well get rid of Dak too after this year. The restructure option in a 1 year all or nothing scenario makes the most sense to me.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I am not paying him $60 million a year so there is no point killing this season's CAP on a prove-it deal.

From what I understand, they are in even bigger CAP trouble in 2025, so I would cut my losses and draft a QB.

Making a QB who has shown he can't carry his team in the postseason the highest-paid player in the league is foolish.

In my opinion, all they are doing is pushing the pain down the road the same way they did with Jason Garrett and setting the franchise back another 5 years.
You’re not paying him anything. Jerry is.

Shane612

Reaction score
Do the best I can to move on; trade, cut...etc whatever.
$60,000,000.00 for him? Good Lord....
:laugh:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Let him play out his deal....................everybody plays on a 1 year, the coaches, the trainers, the scouts, the QB, everybody.

And when we lose in the first round again next year (like these losers are going to go on a run, LOL)...........then clean house of everybody, nuke the roster, and start over fresh.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
For those that want a cliff notes version of the poll without having to click on it, here are the current results.

43%................let him play out the last year and if he chokes again in the playoffs, you let him walk.
38%................just rip the band aid off right now, June 1st his arse.
18%................extend him right now.

82% of the fan base is against giving him an extension.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
How many prove it or lose it chances does he get???

His track record speaks for itself.
You let him play out the last year of his deal to clear his contract off the books, otherwise you are eating alot of dead cap because that $59 million cap hit has to be paid one way or another, either this year or spread out over the next couple of years.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

That’s why they made the trade for Lance.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
You let him play out the last year of his deal to clear his contract off the books, otherwise you are eating alot of dead cap because that $59 million cap hit has to be paid one way or another, either this year or spread out over the next couple of years.

Except Dak can’t win playoff games.

Everyone knows.

it’s a failed career.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
The thought of a QB that is barely top 10 in the league, making $60-million a year sickens me.. **Just imagine what the Dak narrative would be if he won the 2023 NFL MVP?! The Cowboys F/O would have been bullied by the media to extend him pronto lol..** I believe the better option is to let the season play out and then make a decision.. Naturally Dak and his Representatives will be extremely bitter with that decision, but business is business. Also, news of a $30-million salary cap INCREASE in the upcoming season, is great because it gives the Cowboys flexibility to actually consider all options.